General & Others Zoro and Sanji, Wings of Pirate King

VIZ >>> worstgen users
VIZ is saying the same thing :milaugh:

Both Zoro and Sanji can be called "The Pirate Kings Wings" individually or as a group.

Here Sanji was called individually, and in the SBS they were called as a group.

It's the exact same term used in both cases.

@PuckTheGreat Is it comparable to using Yonko for either just one of them or the whole group ? :quest:

Both Zoro and Sanji can be called "The Pirate Kings Wings" individually or as a group.

@PuckTheGreat Is it comparable to using Yonko for either just one of them or the whole group ? :quest:
No, VIZ is not saying the same evident by the VIZ panel I posted above.

Roronoa-sama

Magic Sword, Magic Swordsman, and Can Cut Anything

How many wing do you think the pk have? :choppawhat:

No, VIZ is not saying the same evident by the VIZ panel I posted above.
VIZ is saying the same as the SBS did :goyea:

Both cases use the exact some wording translating into "Pirate Kings Wings", for either just Sanji here, or Zoro and Sanji in the SBS.

But some will do their own thing with any translation. Like for the unnoficial one we had people saying that everyone's a wing now :kobeha:

Yonko literally means "4 Emperors" but it's a title so it can be used to refer to each of them individually. In the same context, even though Ryoyoku literally means 2 wings I guess it could be used as a title that refers to both Sanji and Zoro. For instance. "Kaizoku-O no Ryoyoku" - Vinsmoke Sanji or "Kaizoku-O no Ryoyoku" - Ronoroa Zoro ^^

Last edited:
all i know kuro ashi is on damage control and salty

Hey, @Rivaille for example was upset in the spoilers thread that only Sanji get's this recognition, so i'm reasuring all of my Zoro bros that it applies to him as well from the information available to us :kayneshrug:

Both were called "The Pirate King's Wings", and out of the two Zoro is stronger, so nothing to be salty about from me. Just giving due credit to Zoro as the other standout member of the SH crew :myman:

Viz doesn’t really change anything as far as I can tell, it just seems its went for a very literal translation that misses out on the nuance of the word used for “wings” meaning two different people or things.

Probably because Sanji is the sole subject of the sentence. Robin saying “one of the wings“ is not really a one-to-one translation of what she says. She is only talking about Sanji, but the word used for wings seems to be something that always applies to two separate people or things.

Wings of the Pirate King is a cool thing to be called and I certainly wouldn’t be celebrating it being applied to Sanji and not Zoro as some kind of great victory for Zoro.

Viz doesn’t really change anything as far as I can tell, it just seems its went for a very literal translation that misses out on the nuance of the word used for “wings” meaning two different people or things.

Probably because Sanji is the sole subject of the sentence. Robin saying “one of the wings“ is not really a one-to-one translation of what she says. She is only talking about Sanji, but the word used for wings seems to be something that always applies to two separate people or things.

Wings of the Pirate King is a cool thing to be called and I certainly wouldn’t be celebrating it being applied to Sanji and not Zoro as some kind of great victory for Zoro.
It's probably going to be Luffy's equivalent of "All Star" or "Sweet Commander" but limited to an outstanding duo :stealthblack::zosmug:

Hey, @Rivaille for example was upset in the spoilers thread that only Sanji get's this recognition, so i'm reasuring all of my Zoro bros that it applies to him as well from the information available to us :kayneshrug:

Both were called "The Pirate King's Wings", and out of the two Zoro is stronger, so nothing to be salty about from me. Just giving due credit to Zoro as the other standout member of the SH crew :myman:
Rivaille wasn't upset about shit, he said it's a good thing Sanji is getting his own thing.