• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
[TABELLA][/TABELLA]
Zoro: "Hey swirly, if we manage to win this battle...!!"

Sanji: "Yeah, I can begin to see it...
The image of Luffy as “the Pirate King”!!!"

I can't wait to see this.
They give everything they have to accomplish their captain's dream before theirs.
Out of the little war between fans, these two guys are so cool !
to me they seem like 2 balls, because you have to give importance above all to your dreams

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Remember that 1-2 chapters long can be wildly different when you:

- have less dialogue
- have more pages dedicated to the fight in a chapter.

Jinbe got 2 chapters, but it was 5 pages from 1017 and 13 pages from 1018. It wasn't 2 full chapters of fighting. Conversely Robin got over 30 pages of fighting with Brook, so imo the fight just looked better. Plus she actually struggled a bit.
I see your point, but my impression from current Oda's writing is that the fights only really "count" on the chapters they are more focused.
Some random panel showing jinbei holding off Whoswho, or Franky and Sasaki wrestling don't actually have an impact at all.
I just feel like Oda tries too hard to juggle between fights, to make it more "real" in a sense it's not a 1v1 tournament that only 1 fight happens each time until they are all done.
Which is something I actually commend him for. I think it's a valid thing to do, but I also think that the result is poor.
No wonder we end up with dozens of "essays" of people trying to measure the fighters due to "how long have they been fighting?" and going through panel after panel and trying to guess stuff that Oda himself has no control over.

Ace get Haki on WB's ship no ?
At this moment he already fought Jimbei
I'm not scaling Jimbei
I think he's YC3 YC4
I just think he deserved better than that
He had haki already. As I mentioned he used Conquerors as a kid. Plus, remember that Jinbe 3 years before the story isn't current Jinbe either.

I'm just mentioning we've never seen virtually any upper limit for Jinbe on screen. We don't know what that looks like, unlike every other strawhat. So that's why growth wasn't really warranted against WsW.

But who's to say it can't happen later this arc against Jack or Big Mom or something. We'll see

He had haki already. As I mentioned he used Conquerors as a kid. Plus, remember that Jinbe 3 years before the story isn't current Jinbe either.

I'm just mentioning we've never seen virtually any upper limit for Jinbe on screen. We don't know what that looks like, unlike every other strawhat. So that's why growth wasn't really warranted against WsW.

But who's to say it can't happen later this arc against Jack or Big Mom or something. We'll see
change your profile picture or :beckmoji::beckmoji::beckmoji::beckmoji::beckmoji::beckmoji::beckmoji::beckmoji:

Even if I believed in ZKK
He don't need more strenght to kill an already defeated Kaido
Or you think Zoro will defeat him which will be retard
Kaido won't be defeated by Luffy. Luffy can continue to knock Kaido down but it won't be enough. He has the strongest body and the best recovery and he hasn't even used awakening. Even if Luffy beat him he won't stay down for long. He will get up and return. The only to truly defeat him is to kill him. That can only be done with an attack strong enough to cut completely through his body with one attack.

Kaido won't be defeated by Luffy. Luffy can continue to knock Kaido down but it won't be enough. He has the strongest body and the best recovery and he hasn't even used awakening. Even if Luffy beat him he won't stay down for long. He will get up and return. The only to truly defeat him is to kill him. That can only be done with an attack strong enough to cut completely through his body with one attack.
So after every character in wano has mentioned “Luffy will defeat Kaido” you legit think he won’t

I see your point, but my impression from current Oda's writing is that the fights only really "count" on the chapters they are more focused.
Some random panel showing jinbei holding off Whoswho, or Franky and Sasaki wrestling don't actually have an impact at all.
I just feel like Oda tries too hard to juggle between fights, to make it more "real" in a sense it's not a 1v1 tournament that only 1 fight happens each time until they are all done.
Which is something I actually commend him for. I think it's a valid thing to do, but I also think that the result is poor.
No wonder we end up with dozens of "essays" of people trying to measure the fighters due to "how long have they been fighting?" and going through panel after panel and trying to guess stuff that Oda himself has no control over.
Now that I totally agree with. Tbh, One Piece's fights have always been "messy". Even as far back as Buggy, it's not like Nami got a fight and Zoro fought at full strength (he was injured).

Nearly every arc has some level of chaos when it comes to battles. Characters sometimes win in crazy ways (Chopper getting Monster point by sheer desperation, Usopp scaring Perona and winning). I think the only arc where every Strawhat got a justified fight across 2-4 chapters was Alabasta. From that point on, every arc has left certain strawhats out of particular fights, or thrown curveballs into the mix.

Tbh, I'm a tiny bit disappointed Oda didn't make some of the F6 more formidable, but I completely understand that in the context of an arc with 60 characters and being this huge, giving Jinbe, Franky and Robin those fights was a great move and it's nice he even gave us those 4 chapters. Not only that but it seems like he won't shaft the Calamity fights for the Yonko either (unless Inu just beats Jack lol).

Plus, we'll see what the rest of the arc brings. There are so many questions that remain:

- Can/will the F6 actually get up?
- If Inu loses, who will fight Jack?
- What will the remaining 4 Numbers do? Will the other 6 get up again?
- Will the BMP be a factor once Wano lands?
- Orochi? Apoo? Hawkins? Peros? Fukurokuju?

Tons of possibilities to induce more "chaos"

My bad I should have been more accurate by Haki I mean CoA and CoO

Yeah we will I hope that's not all he will have in Onigashima

Status
Not open for further replies.