General & Others Why I prefer Sabo over Ace.

Sabo kinda lost his uniqueness when he became an adult and Oda just turned him into Ace 2.0

but in the flashback I agree he was much better than ace, ace was kinda annoying and arrogant, Sabo was nice, calm and more mature for his age than ace, its sad that Oda made him return just to replace Ace rather than being his own character and continuing his story

Sabo is by far the worst of the two. Ace (as a character) has/d plenty of shortcomings but still way better writing than Sabo has, others have pointed out the conveniently amnesia plot; it's retarded and makes it seem like a band aid over Ace's Death, Killed off one brother? Oh Hey here's another *whistles nervously*, Hey Let's give him Ace's DF wouldn't that be cool!
smh, God awful writing if I had to say. Cookie cutter material.

Sabo is by far the worst of the two. Ace (as a character) has/d plenty of shortcomings but still way better writing than Sabo has, others have pointed out the conveniently amnesia plot; it's retarded and makes it seem like a band aid over Ace's Death, Killed off one brother? Oh Hey here's another *whistles nervously*, Hey Let's give him Ace's DF wouldn't that be cool!
smh, God awful writing if I had to say. Cookie cutter material.
Sabo would have turned from this god awful written character (to me at least) into a good one through that process:
1- If Ace and Luffy's first mention of "Sabo" name was during their meeting in Alabasta, and NOT during Ace's death door in Marieford. That would have establised that he's NOT a replacement, rather someone truly existed and intended to be introduced later. And not at the last second LOL

2- IF, Oda would have given him a completely different DF ability. I would have loved a Zoan for him, specially since he serves "Dragon" a supposed animal name. And on top of it, he seemed to be a proficient close range fighter. What people do not realize is that Logia are NOT the best in close range combat. Usually it's Zoan as said by Rob Lucci. With Haki, Sabo would have created a completely unique fighting style that would have separated him from the "shadow" of Ace.

However, Sabo basically turned from "close range" fighter before his Logia, into a mid-range fighter, just like Ace. Which is bad because instead of making him more unique, Oda basically changed him from being unique into being a mirror for Ace.

And on top of that, he fucking had curly hair, how the fuck it became smooth? Couldn't Oda draw a badass brother who got afro hair? even if blonde? I swear, Foxy's arc with that afro hair got lots of attention for the afro hahaha. Oda could have made Sabo some real badass mofo with a big afro.
LOL, Sabo as a kid had every bit of a potential to be unique, but then come timeskip, and here Sabo makes a comeback, and suddenly, Oda is shifting him from being Sabo into Ace 2.0

N

NeutralWatcher

I think I prefer Ace. He is original. He bonded with SH crew.

Imo Sabo will be better if he was introduced when Ace was alive. Introducing Sabo after Ace died makes Sabo as Ace replacement.

I don't like it Oda forces readers to forget Ace with Sabo's introduction as Ace's replacement.

I think I prefer Ace. He is original. He bonded with SH crew.

Imo Sabo will be better if he was introduced when Ace was alive. Introducing Sabo after Ace died makes Sabo as Ace replacement.

I don't like it Oda forces readers to forget Ace with Sabo's introduction as Ace's replacement.
I love both so tough call

I wish both were still alive

ASL is so iconic, that was a huge loss both for the character itself and the formed trio

People often say that Sabo is Ace 2.0
do they now? I only know he is called "blonde Ace" or "budget Ace".

But I can't help but feel Ace is a more organic character, there is something disingenuous about Sabo
agree here although my reasons are different.
the amnesia plot with his subconsciousness telling him that rich people are baddies was the nail in the coffin for me. its too forced and feels unnatural. Ace on the other hand had relatable internal struggle.

Ace was unimaginably better than Sabo is.
Luffys attachment to Ace and their bond was further strengthened by Sabos demise. they both suffered loss at this point and it made their brotherly bond so much more valuable.
Sabos return from the dead threw that out of the window and spat on it.
now we are stuck with this dude that tries too hard to be a combination of Ace and Luffy with a little bit of smarts added. lame.

Best thread I've seen in a while:cheers:

People write Sabo off as a boring Ace replacement without actually analyzing the amazing aspects of his character like backstory, fighting style, motivations, etc. I like Ace but if he was Sabo's replacement instead of vice versa then Ace would probably be one of the most hated characters in One Piece.

i definitely prefer sabo over ace but he’s a bit too mature and wise i would like his character more if he was a little bit more cocky and emotional but not reckless as ace was

however hating being a noble/coming from a house of power and authority is getting stale we already have sabo sanji multiple bm children and now most likely yamato i’m beginning to hate it