Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, this topic again. LOL, Carrot is still a choice, like why?:luuh:

Well anyway, you guys remember Jinbei, right? You know 10th SH and all that. You notice how long it took for that poor guy to join. He was formally introduced in Impel Down (a pre-timeskip arc), he helped Luffy big-time at Marineford, got his backstory in the early part of the New World, and then finally, FINALLY joined during a Strawhat conflict with Big Mom at Cake Island. That's what, seven or so arcs it took him to join. If there is an 11th what makes you think Oda is going to do any less for them then what he did for Jinbei? At the very least, I think we're looking for a pre-timeskip character since every Strawhat so far was introduced in the first half of the story.

So yeah, I do love Vivi, but Oda's consigned her to being an honorary SH. I doubt he'll change his mind. Kinemon and Momo are out, too. I was considering Kinemon, but he was introduced post-timeskip and his backstory was just a small part of Oden's. He's also Momo's retainer, and they have a country to rebuild.

Finally, I might have come up with an answer for the 11th barring any trolls or bait-and-switches by Oda. However, the wait to find out is unbearable now, thanks Oda!

Now I'm off to go cry in a corner somewhere... :catcry:

Last edited:
Kin'emon's the only one with potential for me right now. And it's literally just that- potential. Mostly because I still don't see a child joining cause otherwise Momo would be a shoe-in. But I'm seeing a lot of similarities between Jinbei and Kin'emon that could lead somewhere.

It'll depend on the wider relationship Wano has with Laugh Tale, the Void Century, and inheriting Oden's dream. It's been drummed in again and again that the Roger Pirates were too early, and Toki sent people into the future for that reason. If all this is resolved by the end of Wano, then he won't join.

But if, like Fishman Island and Jinbei, it's going to take Luffy properly changing the world for Oden's dream to be accomplished, then Kin is joining. (Or it gets transferred to Zoro, but I don't think that's a very strong argument) Tsuru and Momo is a non-issue. Most Strawhats have a loved one waiting for them at home, Momo has the other Scabbards and his sister to help him. The entire retainer relationship Kin'emon has with Oden will mean he'll drop everything to fufill his will and dream, it'll be a 47 Ronin situation that the Japanese go nuts for.

Other than that his devil fruit fits the pattern, he's been with the crew for years now, Luffy has technically invited him already, he's strong enough to hold his own

Biggest argument against him would be that he's too similar to Zoro and would probably get overshadowed by him. Or that his dream is accomplished by Wano's end.

I was a supporter of Carrot mugiwara, but now in wano she's so out of painel I'm losing hope ...

Why did Oda make Carrot so important in WCI ??

Currently, outside Jinbe, most likely would be Kinemon, and it's not even that likely

Ideally, I would rather have no one join the SH after Brook, not even Jinbe (and he is one of my favorite characters) it's ridiculous to have a huge number of protagonists that will rarely get any chance to shine especially now that OnePiece is on it's last third.

A

ardym

those who join next will just accompany them to Raftel are some allies , it is not irrelevant if they really join the crew or not.
those i imagine the following people, who might be intrested in the true history:
Momo and maybe one or two of his retainers
Vivi and Shirahoshi
Law
Shanks if he is alive since he was not there yet
Aokiji if he is alive
Sabo
Hancock
Marco
maybe Koby as well i imagine the WG will lose much trust soon and Luffy will not be seen at that evil that WG considers him to be.
as really members of the crew i doubt that there are many one or two at most.

A

ardym

I think Luffy will ask Law to go with them to Raftel , he considers him as a friend and Law already know that only Luffy will get there because he has been with them and know about the road PGs Law was not excluded in Zoo , so i am pretty sure if he survives he will be with strawhats , just like Oden

Status
Not open for further replies.