Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the Onigashima battle is ending soon if we’ve already reached the capitol. It’s probably ending around 1040. The next couple of chapters is probably the filler fights and Zoro and Sanji vs the calamities
probably 1050++ because i think each of Kaido, King and Queen would have a major flashback..

or maybe Oda could offscreened that like what he always do becoz y not

You have to master that phase of denial.

It is the Wano endgame (and no, I don't like it either).

Here is what I wrote in the waiting room yesterday (concerning the people still believing the raid will fail):

"I really like Morj, but I think he and a lot of guys here vastly overestimate Oda (to be more precise: the complexity of OP).

It's a standard shonen manga, nothing more.

Oda is applying the same old arc structure he has used for 20+ years here:

1. Arrive at the new island.
2. Split up, have some short adventures, meet the locals and learn about the problems on the island.
3. Face the enemies for the first time and suffer some kind of "defeat".
4. Flashback about some local hero.
5. Rebound and regroup, preparing to go for the final battle.
6. Some big overlaying threat that threatens to kill the entire island is introduced (nuke in Alabasta, Advent of Thunder in Skypiea, Buster Call in EL, Shinokuni in PH, Birdcage in DR, Onigashima dropping down in Wano etc.)
7. Final fights are being set up.
8. SH crew beats their opponents.
9. Luffy beats the main villain in a long fight, island-wide threat is banned in the last second.
10. Everyone regenerates, then they celebrate and leave the island.

It has been the exact same thing here in Wano.

This isn't some great or complex work of literature.

It's a fucking shonen manga and Oda isn't Shakespeare or GRRM. He is using his usual arc blueprint once again - the raid is going through.

If you like that rather "simplistic" writing style or not is written on a different piece of paper ... "
Shh, they still think the flying 6 are going to get back up with awakenings lol

G

Gorosei Informer

I doubt Oda will even have the balls to kill Orochi off. I bet that his story will end with him dancing naked through the flower capital like Oden :suresure:
LMAO, this would actually be golden! I'd love that karma! I actually wanted to see him getting boiled alive in revenge for Oden and maybe even eaten by the people he starved so brutally? Too dark/cannibalistic though U guess?

I've suspected CP0 might kill him off for good as that would make things much easier for them with him and his insane demands out of the way. The WG can install their own personal new ruler of Wano if Kaido does go down here too, Wano might become free real estate for the WG potentially with the fall of Kaido and Orochi.

We don't even know why and how Kaido and Orochi met and started working together. Why does Kaido even let Orochi rule and not just kill him much sooner, take his DF, give it to one of his own crew and have someone else act as Shogun? He killed Orochi so mercilessly, heartlessly, randomly etc, after 20+ years of their partnership?

Kaido really confuses me, even more than Big Meme does.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
An author who prioritise showing us fodders running, fighting for pages yet offscreen important battles and characters is a hack

A dude who add more questions than answers and drags plots

Oda is overrated!
For sure I like his art style , world building and certain characters but OP is subpar since FI.
I enjoyed fishman Island more than I enjoyed PH+ DR + Wano combined
You enjoyed Fishman Island???? As much as I like Sanji, he made it unwatchable for me + that guy who wanted to marry the mermaid princess when she was 6. It is one of the worst OP arcs alongside Skypiea. You couldn't pay me to read those two ever again:josad:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
There is must be a greater purpose behind Orochi staying alive and it extends beyond dying via the Ame No Habakiri. Orochi's deep seeded hatred of Wano hasn't been exploited enough. The only reason he became Shogun was to take revenge on the whole country by slowly decaying it.

I don't know how Oda will go about it, but he may become a wild card of sorts which will demand his slaying.

I just think dying for a vendetta without actually accomplishing anything to be very uninspired.

Status
Not open for further replies.