Is Sanji's Power Up Legitimate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This proves that Sanji is much weaker than Queen before PU.
That's why he easily got overwhelmed by Dofla and Vergo.

Glad that Sanji get power up.
However, I don't like the execution. I think giving a suit and gene just humiliates Sanji even more.
He should put effort to earn the power. I think Oda still portrays Sanji as a joke/gag character.
Gain strength = weak before?

Yes, Zoro was weaker than Sanji before Enma

He literally said he felt weird and not bad. Unless given other information or context there's no reason for all this mental gymnastics. If you wanna go ahead and assume it's a nerf due to your biases feel free to do so. Don't argue with it like it's canon though lmfao.
the utter ignorance..

i just gave you a logical reason and you're not ready to give it the benefit for the doubt...
sanji definitely go restrained due to hus body not feeling good.. that doesn't mean he went all out against Queen.. its like saying sanji went all out against doffy too but was restrained which is also FALSE

keep flexing your muscles indiscriminately .. get ready for the cramps

However, I don't like the execution. I think giving a suit and gene just humiliates Sanji even more.
He should put effort to earn the power. I think Oda still portrays Sanji as a joke/gag character.
Why? Not every character is the same, and it would be extremely monotonous if every character progressed in a similar manner. It's a good thing that Oda is shaking things up here, and separating the strength progression of the protagonists. I for one don't want to see every character just unlocking stronger forms of Haki from here until EoS. Giving these guys individual strength progressions is one of the best things Oda has done.

I wouldn't sum up his portrayal up like that, I'd say the gag is in moments, cause recently I don't think we've seen a sanji gag from oda in damn near 6-7 months.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
the utter ignorance..

i just gave you a logical reason and you're not ready to give it the benefit for the doubt...
sanji definitely go restrained due to hus body not feeling good.. that doesn't mean he went all out against Queen.. its like saying sanji went all out against doffy too but was restrained which is also FALSE

keep flexing your muscles indiscriminately .. get ready for the cramps
Sanji and Doffy clashed for few seconds before he got parasited. Queen and Sanji have been fighting for how many chapters now?

You gave me one explanation, which is basically your headcanon, and what's the guarantee that it's the canon one? I'd rather wait for the canon material.

he never got "overwhelmed" by vergo but sanji did it to the latter twice

anyone could restrain you and start pouncing on you that doesn't mean you aren't strongest than them or don't have what it take to hurt them..

especially knowing sanji didn't use any of his flashy tricks before this... which you literally can't prove he did. so he never went all out..

if he did go all out and then had the PU ut would have been blatantly obvious sanji wasn't stronger without the PU, but since you can't prove that he did go all out you can't make such an endorsement.

you have 0 basis for it..

Sanji and Doffy clashed for few seconds before he got parasited. Queen and Sanji have been fighting for how many chapters now?

You gave me one explanation, which is basically your headcanon, and what's the guarantee that it's the canon one? I'd rather wait for the canon material.
Again its logical reasoning that he got restrained due to his body condition you seemingly assuming that its non-factor is nonsense

again this was the same sanji who was Blitzing queen and dodging his beans luke it was nobody's business and suddenly he gets caught...somethings up either an underhanded move or his body condition kicking in..

still you have 0 basis that he went all out against Queen
Post automatically merged:

Sanji still feels uncomfortable with his body.

This uncomfort already allowed King to get a jump on Sanji before. This might be again how Queen captured Sanji.

Plus the discomfort in Sanji body might be severe this time, since exoskeleton awakened this chapter.
Anyhow let's wait for the chapter. I think Oda might keep this ambiguous.
btw the the middle panel there is an sfx for "creak" any idea what's that about?

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Again its logical reasoning that he got restrained due to his body condition you seemingly assuming that its non-factor is nonsense
Bro he himself says he is feeling weird and not bad. in. the. canon. manga.

again this was the same sanji who was Blitzing queen and dodging his beans luke it was nobody's business and suddenly he gets caught...somethings up either an underhanded move or his body condition kicking in..
Maybe, just maybe, Queen didn't go all out there? And Queen's strong enough to restrain Sanji the moment he starts trying seriously? Queen quite literally says that his attacks aren't harming him. If his body condition started kicking in, his bones wouldn't have broken in the first place.

still you have 0 basis that he went all out against Queen
Sure dude. He just got his bones shattered for no particular reason.\

Defending Sanji is alright but to the point of so many headcanons and mental gymnastics? Give it a break lol. You believe what you wanna believe. Don't quote me on this topic anymore, I ain't got the time, energy or patience for this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.