Questions & Mysteries Anyone remember this line?

I'm sure a bunch of you guys do, but:

It happened all the way back in Little Garden, chapter 129, just as the crew was leaving. It sticks out to me because this is something we have never mentioned since.

Even more interesting is that the closest connection we have is in real world Norse mythology, being in reference to Jormungandr, the "World Serpent". In the mythos, this is a giant serpent (many times depicted as red) that was cast into the ocean by Odin and grew to such a large size that it wrapped around the entire world and bit its own tail.

See below:

Seems really similar to the Red Line in concept doesn't it?

What makes it even crazier is what the rest of the folklore goes into. More specifically, it mentions that when the serpent breaks the loop by letting go of its tail, then Ragnarok will begin - which is a world ending event that ultimately ends the reign of the gods and floods the world in water.

Considering that there's a lot of theories out there regarding the Red Line breaking, I just thought it would be interesting to point out the connection here. There's a lot in Norse mythology regarding the world emerging from the ocean and the gods sitting on top of the world - which connects pretty strongly to the story of One Piece as a whole. There's even more to it, but that would drag this post on way too long.

Anyway, since Elbaf will most likely be a late game arc in the story, I think this won't be the last time we hear about that "great serpent soaked in blood".
What are your thoughts?

If anyone is interested in a more detailed examination on this subject, I made a video about it. Check it out and show some support if you enjoy!

VIDEO LINK

Much Love,
Hidden

Shamelessly self bumping this thread with another thing that was pointed out to me recently.

At the entrance to Reverse Mountain, there are those stone gates that have this engraved on them:

Look like serpents to me. Here's another depiction of the Jormungandr for comparison:

Food for thought! Also watch the video and throw me a sub if you haven't already :)

Last edited:
I'm sure a bunch of you guys do, but:

It happened all the way back in Little Garden, chapter 129, just as the crew was leaving. It sticks out to me because this is something we have never mentioned since.

Even more interesting is that the closest connection we have is in real world Norse mythology, being in reference to Jormungandr, the "World Serpent". In the mythos, this is a giant serpent (many times depicted as red) that was cast into the ocean by Odin and grew to such a large size that it wrapped around the entire world and bit its own tail.

See below:

Seems really similar to the Red Line in concept doesn't it?

What makes it even crazier is what the rest of the folklore goes into. More specifically, it mentions that when the serpent breaks the loop by letting go of its tail, then Ragnarok will begin - which is a world ending event that ultimately ends the reign of the gods and floods the world in water.

Considering that there's a lot of theories out there regarding the Red Line breaking, I just thought it would be interesting to point out the connection here. There's a lot in Norse mythology regarding the world emerging from the ocean and the gods sitting on top of the world - which connects pretty strongly to the story of One Piece as a whole. There's even more to it, but that would drag this post on way too long.

Anyway, since Elbaf will most likely be a late game arc in the story, I think this won't be the last time we hear about that "great serpent soaked in blood".
What are your thoughts?

If anyone is interested in a more detailed examination on this subject, I made a video about it. Check it out and show some support if you enjoy!

VIDEO LINK

Much Love,
Hidden
and Zoro stopped the the god's version of this attack.:zosmug:

Very interesting and Strawhats are conveniently sailing towards the spot where the head bites the tail.
Aka the spot they used to enter the Grand Line... I guess the path could be as follows:
Elbaf>Raftel>destruction of Reverse Mountain>Ragnarok(War vs the Gods) :sus:
That's pretty much what I have in mind as well. Would fit within the timeframe that Oda says is left in the story, at least.

To be honest I really don’t care. 25 years and over 1025+ makes every thing moving forward completely unnecessary. These stupid “mysteries” Oda refuses to elaborate on is just a marketing tactic to keep the readers hooked. Not gonna fall for that anymore. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Not exactly thread related but it may be quite fascinating if oda actually follows the arc-culture theme like wano-japanese mythology, elbaf-nordic mythology and void century arc-greek mythology maybe(if we consider that the old kingdom is a reference to Atlantis which derives from the greek stories).
Now in elbaf we could see things like the world serpent(a majestic creature like zunisha which could potentialy link to the sky island serpent) or giant wolves etc... Oda has really an unfathomable source of content to drain inspiration from.