Fanclub The V̶i̶n̶s̶m̶o̶k̶e̶ Sanji FC: The Prince of love

Bird or Worm?

• Total voters
Lafitte is Brook's matchup imo, I don't see any other opponent more fitting for him. And I still think Burgess is overrated, I see him as Franky's opponent but wouldn't even be shocked if he ended up being Chopper's matchup.

What wrong with him ? He got hyped up like crazy by Oda and could be a perfect fit if he's a martial artist. Plus he's kinda goofy like Sanji's usual opponents.

I get your point about liking RS or wanting a change of personality, but what's wrong about the black hair ?

Can you elaborate ? What's stupid about it ?
The blonde hair is from Sora's lineage and perhaps the greatest symbol that Sanji is like Sora and not like his brothers.
If every time Sanji got serious in a fight he got black hair, it would make the whole audience feel that he's a war animal like his brothers.

Dude, the Black Hair can mean 2 things:
1- a temporary personality change that will culminate on a cool moment where Sanji will overcome it by reinforcing his own principles and emotions. That's cool.

2- a mere visual change. Which I also like.

I know some people are kinda jumpy about this "modification" theme, but I assure that basically no one defends a complete change of Sanji's character just for the sake of changing it.
Every hero needs a moment of overcoming ordeals.
And about "what makes Sanji unique", we are waaaaaaaay past that. What's unique about Sanji unlocking haki that every other relevant enemy/ally already have at this point? Making him a cool Power Ranger with cool abilities>>>>>>>>>>>>>>haki bloom number "whatever".
We are getting a good setup for Sanji to actually have an impact at the EoS, asides from simply finding the All Blue, which is still gonna happen. We got an Admiral that seems custom made for Sanji, we are gonna have connections with Vegapunk, one of the most hyped characters in the entire story, etc. Oda is elevating the character back to his spot as a Monster Trio member.

But I guess y'all prefer the good old days of vergo cracking his leg, getting rekt by Doffy, not even getting a 1v1 on FI, not getting a 1v1 on an arc dedicated to him, huh?:sanjimeh:
Well, excuse me if I want to see my favorite character tackling new challenges, both battle wise, but also inner ones. And excuse me for wanting to see a Black Hair mode that would be a neat reference to Dragon Ball. :sanmoji:
Black Hair happening or not, this being my "ideal" Sanji development that I've always dreamed about or not, I'm gonna enjoy this moment, hoping that Oda will keep delivering something that I at least find "good". Especially when this arc has been trying so freaking hard being an Water7/Ennies Lobby 2.0, just like Dressrosa tried to be Alabasta 2.0 and both failed to do so.
In that case, if you're claiming that Sanji will have black hair for a narrative of inner conflict, where his gentle and kind side will stand out, then it makes sense.

In the case of RS, you're comfortable with the power-ranger storytelling, so it seems to me that you're more concerned with your strength level than the qualities of the character itself.
I don't deny that RS was very important to Sanji's development of swallowing his pride and accepting his bloodline, but the sudden change in the characteristics of his favorite character should bother everyone.

The blonde hair is from Sora's lineage and perhaps the greatest symbol that Sanji is like Sora and not like his brothers.
If every time Sanji got serious in a fight he got black hair, it would make the whole audience feel that he's a war animal like his brothers.

In that case, if you're claiming that Sanji will have black hair for a narrative of inner conflict, where his gentle and kind side will stand out, then it makes sense.

In the case of RS, you're comfortable with the power-ranger storytelling, so it seems to me that you're more concerned with your strength level than the qualities of the character itself.
I don't deny that RS was very important to Sanji's development of swallowing his pride and accepting his bloodline, but the sudden change in the characteristics of his favorite character should bother everyone.
Judge is blonde too so Sanji's hair color doesn't specifically represent his mother. His emotions are what constitute Sora's legacy as she died for Sanji to have them. Black hair is just black hair.

Being a level 6 prisoner at Impel Down and surviving a battle to the death in his cell. Level 6 prisoners in general are supposed to be very powerful and he was one of the top guys here, that's crazy hype. We're talking about a level where guys like Ace, Jinbe and Crocodile were locked up.

I'm not sure what else you're expecting from BB's crew with such short panel time for one of them to be a worthy opponent for Sanji based on your criterias.

Being a level 6 prisoner at Impel Down and surviving a battle to the death in his cell. Level 6 prisoners in general are supposed to be very powerful and he was one of the top guys here, that's crazy hype. We're talking about a level where guys like Ace, Jinbe and Crocodile were locked up.

I'm not sure what else you're expecting from BB's crew with such short panel time for one of them to be a worthy opponent for Sanji based on your criterias.
Oda putting him at different pedestral to other BB Commanders. I don't even remember if Oda highlighted him post ts. Did he?

I checked. Avalo Pizzaro, Catarina Devon got highlighted when Maria went to retrieve Absolom. Lafitte pre ts and was with Shiryuu of the Rain. Vasco not.

Why? :ultimoji::sanjimeh:

Sanji x Nami all the way. :stealthblack:

i am netral with sanji nami
Post automatically merged:

Sanji hasn't even spoken a word to ulti :crazwhat:
:josad:

Sanji x Nami is me having difficulty on letting the bone go.
But the only other ship I truly support is Sanji x Viola.
(and Zoro x Tashigi, but I'm sticking to talking about Sanji ships only)
join us sanjixcosette temple:endthis:
only run by me and jackteo:steef:

Last edited:

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
The blonde hair is from Sora's lineage and perhaps the greatest symbol that Sanji is like Sora and not like his brothers. -1
If every time Sanji got serious in a fight he got black hair, it would make the whole audience feel that he's a war animal like his brothers. -2

In that case, if you're claiming that Sanji will have black hair for a narrative of inner conflict, where his gentle and kind side will stand out, then it makes sense. -3

In the case of RS, you're comfortable with the power-ranger storytelling, so it seems to me that you're more concerned with your strength level than the qualities of the character itself. -4
I don't deny that RS was very important to Sanji's development of swallowing his pride and accepting his bloodline, but the sudden change in the characteristics of his favorite character should bother everyone. -5
1 - Blonde Hair ir from both of his parents.
2- You have to stop looking at the other siblings as dicks like Judge. They are all victims as well. It's not a matter of "they are adults, so they can be responsible for their actions already". They literally can't. They've been stripped from human emotions from birth, and were raised as mere tools by Judge. Reiju is particularly problematic because she actually feels, but still is unable to go against Judge.
And they ALL look like Sora. They don't resemble Judge at all.
3- Yes.
4- It's not a matter of being comfortable or not. One Piece is 1000+ chapters long, and, in the grand scheme of things, I want the story and characters moving forward. Sometimes it might lead them to paths I may not been a fan of, but doesn't mean I'm gonna start hating the character for it. It's not like Sanji is gonna start shooting laser beams through his eyes or start throwing punches, etc. His fighting style remains the same, with mere gimmick additions.
5- Sudden change of characteristics? Dude, did you watch Ennies lobby? Fucking character, OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE, heats up his own leg and complete roasts Jabura, but never in my life have I seen people complaining about DJ as much as they complain about RS or exoskeleton. DJ came out of NOWHERE. At least these 2 had WCI and the first acts of Wano to prep for them. But you gonna say that these things are "sudden"? That I respectfully disagree with.

Angsty theory/idea/fanfiction whatever you want to call it i have about sanji's new power up
Just a heads up if you're a big fan of sanji the rs and the vinsmoke related power ups you probably wont like it 🗿

So basically i think itd be pretty cool if sanji had a naruto/ichigo/itadori moment where basically the drug starts taking on its full effect with sanjis hair going black, able to use invisibility in bade, and becoming more heartless but more sadistic ect. With him not fully able to control himself

Like maybe he it goes as far as him picking up a sword and cutting queen. Since we know its something he was trained to do under judge and only improved with his knife skill. If we were to ever see knife sanji again itd probably be the best opportunity

Leaving it up to the crew to help bring him back to his normal self. Whether its one of them in danger (probably nami or Robin) or just them calling out to him. With him going back to normal it might force an awakening in his diable jambe side. Which i personally think has to do with the drug sora took to help sanji keep his emotions. So while he could have won if he relied on judges powers he decides against it and uses soras instead

So yeah thats pretty much it🗿

In the VC it was said he was highly dangerous and crazy even among the other dangerous guys
VC are meh bro..
I dont think Oda would miss an opportunity to hype/highlight him in manga had he had big plans for Vasco.

Angsty theory/idea/fanfiction whatever you want to call it i have about sanji's new power up
Just a heads up if you're a big fan of sanji the rs and the vinsmoke related power ups you probably wont like it 🗿

So basically i think itd be pretty cool if sanji had a naruto/ichigo/itadori moment where basically the drug starts taking on its full effect with sanjis hair going black, able to use invisibility in bade, and becoming more heartless but more sadistic ect. With him not fully able to control himself

Like maybe he it goes as far as him picking up a sword and cutting queen. Since we know its something he was trained to do under judge and only improved with his knife skill. If we were to ever see knife sanji again itd probably be the best opportunity

Leaving it up to the crew to help bring him back to his normal self. Whether its one of them in danger (probably nami or Robin) or just them calling out to him. With him going back to normal it might force an awakening in his diable jambe side. Which i personally think has to do with the drug sora took to help sanji keep his emotions. So while he could have won if he relied on judges powers he decides against it and uses soras instead

So yeah thats pretty much it🗿
It sounds conflicting but this has become repetitive plot with Sanji lately. Nevertheless i dont want Sanji to ever use swords, or to beat up women ever. No

Last edited: