• ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • ⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐⭐

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Just my prediction from future arcs, if Li Xhin Army have a Mountain troops?

Like one of the Kings from Mountain, Xhin will have all types of Army in his Army.
Shin does have a few Mountain Tribals (the Blue Stone Tribe) in his Army that pop up every now and again in the story.

Every so often Hara makes baffling writing choices, and this is one of them lol. I’m not sure if Hara ruined Kanki on purpose or if this was just incompetence, but I’m afraid it’s impossible for me to take Kanki seriously after this. What a whiny bitch man lol.
I agree. The way this entire scene was crafted, Hara is unintentionally making Kanki and his group look like a bunch hypocritical spoiled kids...

Like I can somewhat understand the writing of Kanki's perspective, he knows he's basically throwing a tantrum, that's why he's still pretending to be "calm." I can somewhat excuse Hara for that.

But, Jesus Christ, the rest of his lieutenants (Koku'ou & the Mohawk guy especially) just got their characters silently assassinated this chapter.

Is Hara trying to say he can't think of a better way to have Kanki and his group be shocked without making them look like hypocritics?

Tbh this is still far from bad writing than that Houken fight and the Shin revival bs, with Kyokai and all that fucking shit.
The Houken fight was really great. Power of friendship / "weight" has been an integral part of the story since the start and is always very well executed.

But the rest you listed, and Kanki's group this chapter, are all the same BS that Hara seems to be doing on purpose at this point. It would not even take much of a change writing wise to fix those situations.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
It happened in fiction or in real live that the guys who like to torture like to inflict pain or throw shit at others to be mad when it happens to them. Or they think only them have the right to destroy everything. Maybe Kanki thinks he is the only one who can do that, that the world owe him something etc. And what he has now you cannot take that back from him. His rage must come from somewhere.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I agree. The way this entire scene was crafted, Hara is unintentionally making Kanki and his group look like a bunch hypocritical spoiled kids...

Like I can somewhat understand the writing of Kanki's perspective, he knows he's basically throwing a tantrum, that's why he's still pretending to be "calm." I can somewhat excuse Hara for that.

But, Jesus Christ, the rest of his lieutenants (Koku'ou & the Mohawk guy especially) just got their characters silently assassinated this chapter.

Is Hara trying to say he can't think of a better way to have Kanki and his group be shocked without making them look like hypocritics?
Not of Kanki but other 3 Lt. response was weird for me...
But I will wait till Kanki's back story ...
Yeah that’s true, Kanki’s gang of posers losing their shit from seeing Raido like this was the most unnecessarily dramatic thing I’ve seen in Kingdom. Riboku’s men crying from the left eye only was nothing compared to people who have skinned, maimed, removed eyeballs, etc..vommitting from just seeing someone cut to pieces lol.

Kanki and his whole gang is losing all credibility right now.

The Houken fight was really great. Power of friendship / "weight" has been an integral part of the story since the start and is always very well executed.

But the rest you listed, and Kanki's group this chapter, are all the same BS that Hara seems to be doing on purpose at this point. It would not even take much of a change writing wise to fix those situations.
Hara went overboard with the supernatural shit, shin seeing his friends, the gates to the other world and Kyokai pulling him back that's the shit you see only in shonen series doing that kind of asspull

I made this post in the Kanki weakness thread but it discusses what is potentially going on with Kanki in this chapter.
After the most recent chapter, what I am starting to think Kanki's weakness is, is perhaps an inability to accept any kind of loss whether it be a tactical loss or a personal one.

Bear with me now for I am going to get into the more spiritual side of Kingdom that some folk apparently dislike. Lol.

As I said before, whatever weakness Kanki has was never attributed to his army, his methods or his tactics but to himself as an individual.

Loss is a large part of how people grow in Kingdom (and in real life). The entire "Weight of a General" deal is rooted in an individual carrying on the legacies of those who were dear to them but in order to carry on said legacies, the character has to accept their loss in the first place.

I think Kanki's problem is that he cannot accept loss and I believe Hara alluded to this when Shin first met him.

Shin immediately noted something strange about Kanki when he first met him.
A "sense of rejection" was what Shin felt towards Kanki. Shin has dealt with bloodlust, crushing auras, Mangoku's ghosts and the Weight of Great Generals yet something about Kanki immediately set him on edge. What I think Shin unknowingly sensed was that Kanki is the complete opposite of him.

Shin obviously is all about the concept of "Weight", the whole deal of carrying around legacies etc. You know the deal.

Houken was the opposite of Shin in that he refused emotional attachments altogether. Kanki however is different from Houken because he doesn't reject emotional attachments as shown by how Raido's death has affected him and is now affecting his judgement.

Kanki (either knowingly or unknowingly) embraces attachment but cannot handle nor accept loss thus he ends up casting aside and "rejecting" the legacies of those that were close to him.

A person like that is exactly the kind of individual that Shin would detest and "reject" on an instinctual level.

Kanki even possibly goes so far as to project this weakness of his onto others, belittling others for supposedly not understanding how "grown ups do things".
In battle too, Kanki refuses to back down no matter what utterly insane odds are stacked against him yet he ultimately wants to risk nothing that is actually close to him. That is why he sent Ogiko to warn Raido not to do anything reckless and to sit back because he knew that Raido, who is arguably the only one of Kanki's inner circle that is genuinely loyal to the man hence why Kanki is probably attached to the bloke, would do anything to prevent Kanki's defeat.

Kanki is a character that we have never gotten to truly know so far. Kanki masks his inner self with an aura of charm and confidence that he wears like a glove, though his charm is arguably superficial and now his confidence has been tested and appears to have broken instantly.

Essentially, Kanki is acting like a child because he is one. He is someone that has never matured and can neither handle nor accept genuine loss. He hates losing and cannot stand being defeated in battle nor losing those he cares for despite his inherently dangerous occupation of being in a literal army.

What we are now witnessing with Kanki is not character development or character change but rather a character reveal. We are finally seeing the real Kanki that is deliberately hidden beneath layers of superficial charm, smug arrogance, brittle confidence and inflated ego.

If all that sounds like a rather ugly combination, well... Hasn't Kanki been built up to be a rather ugly individual?

Alright, I’m not gonna lie, Kanki is a little bitch lol. I lost hardcore respect for him reading this chapter.

All that nonsense about how Kochou doesn’t know what true pain is, and that true pain is bottomless and there is no limit, and here Kanki goes about to lose his shit because one of his Nakama was tortured to death lol. As if Kanki doesn’t torture people to death every single battle, and as if Raido himself didn’t already torture people to death during this very battle.

Apparently Kochou doesn’t know what pain is, but Kochou lost two of his Generals who were life-long friends of his, but we didn’t see Kochou throw a little temper tantrum lol. Kochou tortured Raido out of sheer pragmatism, and because Ko’s older brother was filled with rage and wanted to see retribution, but Kochou himself was man enough to accept that his comrades deaths were a part of war, and if he wasn’t prepared to lose them then he never should’ve set foot on the battlefield.

But the second Kanki’s own tactics are used against him, he’s about to go on a raged up temper tantrum? Nah fuck that Hara lol, Kanki is a little bitch who doesn’t know what real pain is. What a damn hypocrite lol.

Hardcore respect lost for this emo shit lol. Bring in Riboku to pimp-smack this whiner across China already.

Every so often Hara makes baffling writing choices, and this is one of them lol. I’m not sure if Hara ruined Kanki on purpose or if this was just incompetence, but I’m afraid it’s impossible for me to take Kanki seriously after this. What a whiny bitch man lol.
hara didn't ruin kanki at all
you just hating here.

knowing the bottom of pain or tortureing people doesn't mean he becomes robot like sanji brothers ?!?

he i still human and has some softness toward who around him for long time

even beats who kill human without an3 thoughts , if they staylonger with them they will start showing some emotion toward then and don't see them as mere meat ?!

and here we are talking about humans!!

whatever ever human do if he didn't lost his mind then he will show show emotion or at least feel them .

your take here is unreasonable at all.
Post automatically merged:

kanki is not ichiji

he is HUMAN at the end !!

Shin does have a few Mountain Tribals (the Blue Stone Tribe) in his Army that pop up every now and again in the story.
Yep, i know but this troop is only for investigation type, i want a powerhouse tribe, Like Quanrong from Zhao or Feego King from Yotanwa army.

I think you’ve hit onto something better than I have lol. So maybe Hara is painting Kanki up as a hypocrite on purpose to highlight his eventual defeat(s?).
Yeah, that sounds quite probable. This arc might be a reversal of the Koku You Hill Arc. Back then, Kanki called Shin out on his hypocritical worldview. Now, Shin could call Kanki out on his hypocrisy.

Kanki will of course snub Shin because he cannot stand him. Then I assume Riboku comes, bitch slaps Kanki by using his weakness against him and Kanki runs away to another state.

I think Kanki is going to become a major antagonist for Shin later down the road. I mean, this looks like some foreshadowing to me.
This also all reminds me of how the last mass slaughtering rapist antagonist in Mangoku was also a colossal hypocrite though Mangoku was still attached to those he lost, carrying their legacy in a twisted, corrupted form whereas Kanki seems to reject carrying any legacy at all.
Yeah that’s true, Kanki’s gang of posers losing their shit from seeing Raido like this was the most unnecessarily dramatic thing I’ve seen in Kingdom. Riboku’s men crying from the left eye only was nothing compared to people who have skinned, maimed, removed eyeballs, etc..vommitting from just seeing someone cut to pieces lol.
To be fair, I think it reasonable to be far more horrified by seeing someone you know or care about being a defiled corpse than a bunch of strangers.

On a side note, Ringyoku was previously shown vomiting from the Saki Clan's torture of some Rigan prisoners and I think Maron was more shitting bricks at how close they came to losing the battle.

I think there is some discrepancy of how hands on cruel the top brass of the Kanki Army are. Kanki, Zenou and Raido are all personally brutal whereas Maron, Ringyoku and Koku'ou prefer to simply have their subordinates do the dirty work.

I have no problem with all the reaction from Kanki about shit going on (somehow still understandable) beside this panel, it shouldn't be exist. It's really out of his character imo.

Here, He's more like someone who take his most of time watching netflix drama instead of an actual cruel bandit lol.
But Kanki is still the goat in my book, imma just going to ignore that panel ever exist lmao

I have no problem with all the reaction from Kanki about shit going on (somehow still understandable) beside this panel, it shouldn't be exist. It's really out of his character imo.

Here, He's more like someone who take his most of time watching netflix drama instead of an actual cruel bandit lol.
But Kanki is still the goat in my book, imma just going to ignore that panel ever exist lmao
Nothing out of character there he still shit talks to his dead allies like he did before too, like he would do when they would be alive.

Alright, I’m not gonna lie, Kanki is a little bitch lol. I lost hardcore respect for him reading this chapter.

All that nonsense about how Kochou doesn’t know what true pain is, and that true pain is bottomless and there is no limit, and here Kanki goes about to lose his shit because one of his Nakama was tortured to death lol. As if Kanki doesn’t torture people to death every single battle, and as if Raido himself didn’t already torture people to death during this very battle.

Apparently Kochou doesn’t know what pain is, but Kochou lost two of his Generals who were life-long friends of his, but we didn’t see Kochou throw a little temper tantrum lol. Kochou tortured Raido out of sheer pragmatism, and because Ko’s older brother was filled with rage and wanted to see retribution, but Kochou himself was man enough to accept that his comrades deaths were a part of war, and if he wasn’t prepared to lose them then he never should’ve set foot on the battlefield.

But the second Kanki’s own tactics are used against him, he’s about to go on a raged up temper tantrum? Nah fuck that Hara lol, Kanki is a little bitch who doesn’t know what real pain is. What a damn hypocrite lol.

Hardcore respect lost for this emo shit lol. Bring in Riboku to pimp-smack this whiner across China already.

just because he knows pain doesn't mean he won't feel it. Plus what he may or may not do to those captured soldiers could be totally unrelated to his loss of Raido. If anything Kochou is the imposter who acted like he knows it all and seen it all but the second he was cornered he took the easy way out. lol

Kanki is goat as a General. But i think it was absolutely coming he was twsited as a human. No person in right mind is going to be like he is obviously. Lol

I also think Owl ki is right about Kanki not being capable of handling personal loses. It must be personal loss that made him hate/reject everything. Even from his subordinates he expect no loyalty so he doesn't have to feel their loss when that happens. He gave Raido the option to run away, or told him the plan to get away with. He seems to care for his subordinates more than he let off.
Since Raidou showed undying loyalty to him he's obviously devasted by the blow.

Anyway i think this massacre might not be just based on personal feelings. Kanki can't handle so many prisoners with his numbers, neither can he release them to add up to Zhou force again.