Questions & Mysteries What is Kanki's weakness?

For me, I view Kanki's weakness as something actually straightforward: He doesn't want to, and won't, abandon his lieutenants, regardless of how much of his strategy he has to modify to save them or how close he was to accomplishing that strategy.

So, in essence, to use Kanki's weakness against him, you need to target his lieutenants, BUT, you must not kill them. You have to keep them alive, forcing Kanki to either:

1) Sacrifice them for his strategy.
2) Abandon/change his strategy.

This is a fairly straightforward weakness that is displayed by nearly every single general. But, the reason why it's such a massive deal when talking about Kanki, is the same reason why he's such a terrifying general to face:

On the battlefield, he continuously treats himself as an infantry rather than a general. He always puts himself at the forefront of his strategies, allowing him to freely roam the battlefield as the leader of a detachment unit, rather than be stationary at HQ but being well protected. This basically makes its so that the enemy generals attention is always on Kanki, rather then focused on his lieutenants.

Thus, they are never really a top priority for the enemy, giving them a chance to survive no matter how insane the odds against them might seem. Kanki also realizes when some of them might take his reckless orders too seriously, and sends a trusted messanger to tell them to retreat before it becomes too dangerous/late.

Kanki is terrifying because he doesn't care about
himself or other people, enemies and allies alike.

His weakness is that despite all of this, he doesn't
want to lose any of his lieutenants, no matter what.

To use this against him, you must focus on them,
attempting to capture, and then, use them as bait.

Killing his lieutenants, sure, it will make his army weaker, because he lost one of trusted top tiers, but it will also reduce his weakness, because that is one less lieutenant he has to worry about not wanting to lose.

Well, that's my opinion of it at least. That's why I was a bit disappointed by how Hara framed the scenes in this chapter. His 3 lieutenants are shocked because they themselves don't do too much torturing, sure, but at least have one of them point out or recognize that they got what they deserved. And, it should've been made clear that Kanki was not asking Maron how many because he's in his feelings about Raido, but simply because he knows that the prisoners are a logistical problem that needs to be quickly addressed.

But, alas, it now seems as if Kanki and his army are all talk no bark, pretending to play grown ups... "I can do it, but you cant"

HISTORY SPOILERS AHEAD

I intentionally waited to reply here because honestly I had no fucking clue what as to what Kanki’s weakness was until recently. So, many of you may have not seen my recent take on Kingdom Chapter 695:

After thinking about things a little more thoroughly, I believe Hara is foreshadowing Kanki’s big defeat at the hands of Riboku. Historically, right after Kanki defeats Kochou, he is immediately defeated afterwards by Riboku in an overwhelming fashion. This is undoubtedly when we will learn more about Kanki’s big weakness that Riboku and Keisha both picked up on back in the KokuYou Hills arc. I think I’d like to finally throw my hat in the ring as to what that weakness is:

Kanki thinks that he knows what true pain is, and yet Kanki is unable to emotionally process the deaths of his allies. As soon as Raido was killed, Kanki seems to have resolved himself to commit an atrocity upon the Zhao. Kanki believes that he knows what real pain is, and yet he also doesn’t seem to be capable of emotionally processing the deaths of his friends at all.

When I was thinking of this scene in context to what happens next historically, this page from Hara’s one shot came to mind:

Riboku is someone hardened by the deaths of his family and friends. His entire philosophy on war and life was developed by seeing everyone around him that he was close to die in battle. When we saw Riboku in the Houken flashback, he had this to say:

Riboku has had to emotionally steel himself after losing everyone close to him to the point that he had no one left. Kanki is someone who loses his shit when one of his friends dies, while Riboku has accepted this fact as a reality of war.

I have no idea how Riboku would take advantage of a weakness like this or how he would’ve gleamed this from KokuYou Hills, but I’m trying to make sense of Kanki’s childishness last chapter. I won’t at all be surprised if Kanki suffers a truly massive defeat against Riboku (losing a limb, being mortally wounded, etc.), and I wouldn’t at all be surprised if Riboku and Kanki end up literally dueling each other 1v1.

@Owl Ki @Blackbeard @TheKnightOfTheSea @Seth @Xione @mad monk etc etc etc
if you are reading history
then you already know how he lost.

it's clear here that how Riboku won is just a mere tactic not even related to kanki character.
Riboku just outsmarted kanki .

li mu = riboku
huan yi = kanki
...""
The battle of Fei was the first loss that Ying Zheng tasted during his rule. After capturing Ping Yang and Wu Cheng, the Qin army was marching towards the Zhao capital of HanDan. Li Mu was summoned back from Yan Men and ordered to defend Zhao from the Qin invaders. Leading his men from Yan Men, he met up with the HanDan army at YiAn, constructing fortresses and refuse to face the Qin army, waiting for the best chance to strike(similar to the tactic Li Mu used against the Xiong Nu at Yan Men). Wanting to end the battle quickly, Huan Yi led most of his men and attack the castle of Fei Xia nearby. With most of the Qin army out of their camps, Li Mu attacked the Qin camp with half of his army and forced Huan Yi to return. When Huan Yi returned, he was fighting a losing battle as Li Mu coordinated a pincer attack using half of his army currently stationed at Qin camp and the other half from the fortress. Huan Yi manage to escape with a handful of his men and fled. This victory over Qin also earned Li Mu the title of Lord Wu An.""

if you are reading history
then you already know how he lost.

it's clear here that how Riboku won is just a mere tactic not even related to kanki character.
Riboku just outsmarted kanki .

li mu = riboku
huan yi = kanki
...""
The battle of Fei was the first loss that Ying Zheng tasted during his rule. After capturing Ping Yang and Wu Cheng, the Qin army was marching towards the Zhao capital of HanDan. Li Mu was summoned back from Yan Men and ordered to defend Zhao from the Qin invaders. Leading his men from Yan Men, he met up with the HanDan army at YiAn, constructing fortresses and refuse to face the Qin army, waiting for the best chance to strike(similar to the tactic Li Mu used against the Xiong Nu at Yan Men). Wanting to end the battle quickly, Huan Yi led most of his men and attack the castle of Fei Xia nearby. With most of the Qin army out of their camps, Li Mu attacked the Qin camp with half of his army and forced Huan Yi to return. When Huan Yi returned, he was fighting a losing battle as Li Mu coordinated a pincer attack using half of his army currently stationed at Qin camp and the other half from the fortress. Huan Yi manage to escape with a handful of his men and fled. This victory over Qin also earned Li Mu the title of Lord Wu An.""
Look like Riboku used same tactics as Kanki...
He reserved his force to defend his HQ and was first one to attack Kanki's HQ..
Someone like Riboku who is genius in warfare and also mentally strong can easily pull off this tactic..