Character Discussion Hawkins is a filler character among the already many in Wano

Title says it all. His plotline has served zero purpose to the story. What was Oda's point in having Kaido capture Hawkins for him only to being one shotted by Killer? Like was Oda on his desk contemplating "hmm let me have Kaido capture Hawkins and then lets create a subplot of him getting one shotted by Killer".

Hawkins isn't the only filler character, the list is quite extensive:

All these characters has served absolutely nothing to the story.

1. Marco held off Queen and King to only now have Zoro and Sanji face them which begs the question what was the point of having Marco in Wano? Just so he can stall characters?
2. Toki was introduced 120 chapters ago and was reduced down to a baby making machine which is yet another example of Oda's sexism towards female characters.
3. Hiyori, like why does Momo even have a sister for if she has no purpose in the fucking Island that she grew up in? She was working for a fucking brothel. Like why does Oda continue to treat female characters like this? Lmfao!
4. Tama, I don't even have to say anything.
5. X-Drake, why is he even in Wano for just so that he can fight fodder in the lower floor?
6. Orochi should have died way back during the Oden flashback since he has served zero purpose since Kaido killed Oden.
7. Ashura why was he even created just so he can get bombed by Kanjuro? Was that his purpose?
8. Izo is the second most useless character in One Piece right after Smoothie.
9. Kiku at least has some unique characterization but I still don't see what purpose she plays in the story, maybe her "defeating" Kanjuro? I don't fucking know.
10. Yamato is so pointless to the story that Oda created a new subplot out his ass with the stupid bombs scenario just for her to have something to do.

Goda.

If we had the comprehension abilities of a 13 year old, we'd probably be surprised and impressed. Yall keep forgetting adult mother fuckers aint odas demographic. Ngl tho its still disappointing to see were all maturing to the point we argue about shit 13 year olds understand

If we had the comprehension abilities of a 13 year old, we'd probably be surprised and impressed. Yall keep forgetting adult mother fuckers aint odas demographic. Ngl tho its still disappointing to see were all maturing to the point we argue about shit 13 year olds understand
No 13 year old is reading 1000 chapters of One Piece. They are reading either Demon Slayer or Jujutsu Kaisen. Also, One Piece is 25 years old. The vast majority of people that are still reading it was when they were 13 years old, 12 years ago. Oda needs to end this crap already. The thing about it is that I am older now but I still like reading pre time skip One Piece since it was well writen. Give me any good well writen story and I will enjoy it however this Wano crap is hideous. Absolutely dog crap, lazy writing.

No 13 year old is reading 1000 chapters of One Piece. They are reading either Demon Slayer or Jujutsu Kaisen. Also, One Piece is 25 years old. The vast majority of people that are still reading it was when they were 13 years old, 12 years ago. Oda needs to end this crap already. The thing about it is that I am older now but I still like reading pre time skip One Piece since it was well writen. Give me any good well writen story and I will enjoy it however this Wano crap is hideous. Absolutely dog crap, lazy writing.
the fucking point is that shounen jump is a magazine for young teen boys. Idgaf that youve grown up, neither does oda. He keeps writing for 12 year olds that like watching people punch each other 100 times with magic around it. he is lazy but not as lazy as yall make him out to be. Do you still watch bob the builder because its nostalgic? No! You grew up.

the fucking point is that shounen jump is a magazine for young teen boys. Idgaf that youve grown up, neither does oda. He keeps writing for 12 year olds that like watching people punch each other 100 times with magic around it. he is lazy but not as lazy as yall make him out to be. Do you still watch bob the builder because its nostalgic? No! You grew up.
My guy I literally just told you that I can still reread pretime skip one piece because it’s a well written story. It has nothing to do with the age demographics. It has everything to do with Oda being a shitty writer. Demon slayer and Jetejsu are shonen jump and guess what I watched it and I’m not 13 years old. Like I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Not really trying to disagree with you but the overwhelming majority of OP readers are adult males ages 18 to 49, and even Oda knows this as he spoke about it before.

Not really trying to disagree with you but the overwhelming majority of OP readers are adult males ages 18 to 49, and even Oda knows this as he spoke about it before.
Yeah thats facts. the point is that he is still showcased in a compilation of comics designed for teens, it still has to cater to its intended demographic otherwise its not a shounen no matter the vast majority of his readers not being 12 anymore
Post automatically merged:

I've conducted polls in different forums asking their age and gender status, including here and every forum has been consistently over 70% over 20 years old and over 80% male. So yes I agree with you here.
Bruh, he writes a shounen. Literally marketed to kids. Its our own faults we take a kids story and try to apply adult logic, just bc we as adulTs still read it . Its motherfuckers with asspull abilities they get from some rank ass fruit, stop making it out to be the fucking da vinci decode rewritten by aliens.

I just realised.. who fucking cares. lets just be sad that we are too grown up n oda dont give a fuck, together

Last edited:
Bruh, he writes a shounen. Literally marketed to kids. Its our own faults we take a kids story and try to apply adult logic, just bc we as adulTs still read it . Its motherfuckers with asspull abilities they get from some rank ass fruit, stop making it out to be the fucking da vinci decode rewritten by aliens.
I am sorry but you're 100% wrong in this.

I just realised.. who fucking cares. lets just be sad that we are too grown up n oda dont give a fuck, together
This I can agree with.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Yeah thats facts. the point is that he is still showcased in a compilation of comics designed for teens, it still has to cater to its intended demographic otherwise its not a shounen no matter the vast majority of his readers not being 12 anymore
Post automatically merged:

I hear ya. Even cartoons like Ed Edd n' Eddy and Johnny Bravo had a majority adult audience, but it doesn't change the fact that it's still aimed at kids so is therefore very simplistic in nature.

Shonen are the same in that the writing, though the authors know that adults are their main consumers, is made to be simplistic for the purpose of appealing to kids and teens. Seinen is more focused in adults.

I hear ya. Even cartoons like Ed Edd n' Eddy and Johnny Bravo had a majority adult audience, but it doesn't change the fact that it's still aimed at kids so is therefore very simplistic in nature.

Shonen are the same in that the writing, though the authors know that adults are their main consumers are adults, is made to be simplistic for the purpose of appealing to kids and teens. Seinen is more focused in adults.
Exactly!
While i dont condone all the plot and justifications oda makes, i know that some part of his laziness is due to the shounen tropes he is bound to whilst writing one

lol the pre skip is never goodin your standards. I first read manga in 2016 or 2017 as adult. I found bunch of nonsense in preskip time stories. Luffy would die to crocodile guy. He is literally slab to heart. Is crocodile noob how to kill the heart ?
Not to mention fishmen are 10 times stronger is fake in real logic sense. Just chimp 4 times stronger myth. In alrong arc, Kurobi sword slash on folder guy. kurobi is one of best fishman spiller but he can’t kill fodder with mighty sword slash. Even in real life, you will get death by human sword action on your head.

Ussop and nami are supposed to be normal human but you have ussop survive 4 ton bat at high speed. Oh nami survive superhuman people hit which she should died over 1 Million times. A freaking cp9 woman can’t kill nami in one hit even she is superman. An elephant can one shot nami in 1vs1 fight. Or well trained USA marine man can kill nami in couple second with bare hand. Viking, Romans, savages tribles kill nami in couple seconds. They don’t talk or think like idolt in war or battle, they kill you.

Not to mention pell survive nuke for lol. Pell > King when we see his action again. Or buste call literally miss worse than stromtropper when shoot MerryGo ship. Those noobs can’t pass stormtrooper training shooting test. Not to mention Enel kill no one which he is dumb guy with god complex.

The list can on.

The one piece is meant for teenager boy audience. Oda mention before.

If you hate one piece, then don’t post on forums like crazy. Do something that you will enjoy.
FORGET ANOUT ONE PIECE IN YOUR LIFE.
Make your story to own liking. I have did before.
I read berserk before and never like manga ever again and I found berserk story garbage but you don’t see me complain about berserk like sjw person would do.

Stop complaining like sjw person would do. For complaining like oda is sexists because he treat women badly or something like.
‘’Real sexism is about killing women to extinction or view as second class person, or prejudice.
In Islam or Christianity, there is no fan service nudity allowed and it view sinful like homosexuality, adultery.
‘In fact have if woman show fanserve nudity like anime, they are view as criminal, sinful, as even get tortured for crime. Look up pussy riot or woman protesting aganist headcover rule in islamic nation. Try showing anime in Africa and you will never see light of day. Do you the balls to talk about gay manga in Russia without getting killed in Russia.

Because anime is sexual liberalism to beyond the next level. Anime is not popular in our world. Japan create and make popular in japan. But in rest of world ? it another piece of entertainment. Anime fans are kept quiet about it. In popular of anime and manga, Japan>>>>> USA and Europe >rest of world.

I disagree with one piece idea stuff and homosexuality. I just enjoy story, world building. action scenes, and Akainu as character.

However, I don’t complain about one piece like you. If I find manga bad, I just drop it and move it out to else something and never comeback.

Last edited:
Ohh the old “if you don’t like one piece stop reading it” line. If I had a dollar every time I heard that.

“Leave this forum forever” lmfao damn dude what did I do to you to have triggered you this much?
um yeah, it is called stop eating the trash when you think it is trash. When you are leaving the forum forever, you are actually focus some stuff you enjoy or like. Not hard thing to.

You are one is literally triggered by calling oda sexist For stupid reason. Take the trip and go to Uganda or Russia and talk about gay manga or sexual liberal woman manga, then you will know I am talking about it.
Or create your own story to your liking with your imagination.