Who has the best Onigashima PU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Yeah, Oda's been using the same formula all along more or less. The main difference is that we were not as used to Oda's style back then as we are now, so we actually believed his fake tension moments were real back in the day.
On point lol. This and the fact that we're reading it weekly now and most of us just binge read Alabasta and Skypeia.

I'm also mad disappointed with the Shimotsuki/Zoro revelation.

Would have preferred if Zoro was just some kid with a big dream, no bloodline. Hopefully the Shimotsuki's are never mentioned again after wano lol.
Keep dreaming kid. Some rando with big dream can't conquer the world. Not how it works in real life and Oda is smart enough to know what to include in the story. You need to born with greatness to be able to succeed in real life. Join us fatechads zehahahaha

What?

In the first statement he says that he will go to any lengths to win since King is doing so. In the second line he is angry and asks King to show him more respect and actually defeat him rather than the shit he tried to pull.

Both are very much in character lol.
They are contradictory to each other. Zoro acknowledges King isnt a swordsman but all around and that he may do the same, then gets angry for some reason at King when he does something that is totally in line with his fighting style

You guys are funny. You complain about no tension or consequences, then say it's a "post-timeskip" trait.
Yet:

- Pell nor Chaka died in Alabasta. Pell survived a fucking bomb
- Cobra? Alive
- Igaram? Survived a fucking bomb
- Every named victim that Enel attacked, lived.
- Every SINGLE Franky Family member survived in Enies Lobby.

Absolutely ZERO major casualties pre-timeskip save for Ace and Whitebeard. If you are going to downplay Kaido/BM and this arc, you might as well just shit on the entire manga lmao

Edit: Some of you are VERY clearly getting the wrong message out of my comment lol

Last edited:
I'm of two halves on this. On one hand, Oda narrated their defeats. It's pretty concrete when that happens. He didn't for Kanjuro so it left the capacity for him to still be annoying as fuck this arc lol.

On the other hand, it just makes so much sense for them to get back up. We had all these explanations about extra toughness and high recovery for these users throughout the arc, and it's weird to not really see that payoff.

One thing I'm hoping for is the fact that Oda wanted this chapter to happen first, essentially to reintroduce awakening as a concept via Law and Kid. Then he can start showing it off with the rest of Kaido's crew. Essentially:

- The F5 and Jack all get back up, all start "rampaging".
- Once Apoo, Numbers, Fuku, Kanjuro, etc have all been taken care of, Oda will start the "real" strawhat fights, 1-2 chapters each.
- P1 and Ulti will continue to pursue Nami and Usopp.
- WsW to Jinbe
- Sasaki to Franky
- Black Maria to Brook/Robin (but this time it's Brook focused)
- Jack to Yamato (by coincidence he stands in her way)

I'm not sure who is going to handle Kanjuro (Denjiro now? Kawa? Asura if he gets up?), but I think Apoo will be soon taken down by Drake and maybe Chopper gets those last Numbers (especially now that the theory that they'd show up with Apoo is right and Chopper needs eventual payoff for this baby shit).

Once you do this, those enemies (F5 and Jack) can display the level of tenacity that we've been waiting for and it takes huge amounts of growth to win. Then you can have Queen/King show off the same shit, except they consciously use their awakening and will be defeated by attacks from Zoro/Sanji that are not recoverable. Then you can get to focusing on BM/Kaido.

HIGHLY doubt this is happening but it's just the way id prefer it to. Nuts is how this doesn't factor CP-0 or BMP and now Kanjuro is back up. Watch fucking Hotei get up so Oda can draw a moment where Kawamatsu has something to do, then he parallels that with Raizo/Fukurokuju lol.

Idk, I'm rambling now, this arc is back to being confusing lol
I don’t think the F5 would get back up, but Jack could get back up if he has Berserker Awakening. Chopper should fight Numbers 1, 2, and 3. Maybe Usopp fights Number 6, who has a SMILE in order to make him notably stronger than the other Numbers and not a complete chump (maybe he’s the tall vampire looking one?). Brook could fight one or a few CP0 agents, so that way all the SHs get fights

You guys are funny. You complain about no tension or consequences, then say it's a "post-timeskip" trait.
Yet:

- Cobra? Alive

Absolutely ZERO major casualties pre-timeskip save for Ace and Whitebeard. If you are going to downplay Kaido/BM and this arc, you might as well just shit on the entire manga lmao
One piece is garbage :”)

Fakeout deaths in Crapabasta saga.
-Igaram
-Dorry
-Dalton
-Pell (Nico Robin)
-Kid who overheard Mr. 2
-Mr. 3 (eaten by alligator)
-Kohja x 2 (got shot two times)
-Pell (A nuke LMAO)
-Bon Clay (defeated by Hina)

Pisskypiea
-Gan Fall
-Kamakiri
-Laki
-Pagaya
-Braham
-Wyper
-Enel (killed by Wyper, revived himself with fake science LOLOL)
-Gedatsu (fell down Skypiea)

Wano (with W) >>>>>>>> Pisskypiea and Crapabasta
Well atleast they were out of arc and their role was done without interfering with the momentum and flow. Now bringing back Kanjuro holds no importance and straightaway disrespect to the fans and the Kinemon Kanjuro moment. Shitfuck it is.

Yet:

- Cobra? Alive

Literally ZERO (0) characters died pre-timeskip LMAO. Post timeskip has Pedro, Vergo, Monet and Yasuie

I don’t think the F5 would get back up, but Jack could get back up if he has Berserker Awakening. Chopper should fight Numbers 1, 2, and 3. Maybe Usopp fights Number 6, who has a SMILE in order to make him notably stronger than the other Numbers and not a complete chump (maybe he’s the tall vampire looking one?). Brook could fight one or a few CP0 agents, so that way all the SHs get fights
If Jack does, the rest (or some) should. WsW and Sasaki have unfinished plotlines. Jack (unfortunately) has no loose ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.