General & Others RANT: People's pathetic argument defending the latest chapter

I see a lot of people defending the recent chapter arguing that it's something Oda has always done and it should not surprise you anymore. Just because it's something the author has always done, doesn't mean that it is good. I hated Oda's fake out death's since Pell and I hate it now, if anyone asked me what the biggest flaw of OP is I will always say the fake deaths.

I know Oda doesn't have full creative control and sometimes he want's to kill characters but can't because of shonen jump, but the fake deaths are 100% his decision and he should not be excempt from critisism. The sad part is, I know this is not the last time we see this, it will happen in the final war so much, I will have become numb at that point. The one time Oda made an exception to this was Marineford and guess what, it is hailed as the greatest arc.

RANT over.

You would be called crazy before Wano arc, if you were told that two of the strongest pirates would get defeated with zero casualties.
Post automatically merged:

The one time Oda made an exception to this was Marineford and guess what, it is hailed as the greatest arc.
Tbh I doubt Marineford is the greatest arc. While no one died in Water 7/Ennies Loby, it's still hailed among the best arc's, similarly also Skypiea.

It's all about execution. Overdoing fake outs is what's put to Wano to this state. You do it few times and get away with it but when you overdo it it gets annoying.

Likr the clown show with Kinemon in the chapter.

Last edited:
You would be called crazy before Wano arc, if you were told that two of the strongest pirates would get defeated with zero casualties.
Post automatically merged:

Tbh I doubt Marineford is the greatest arc. While no one died in Ennies Loby, it's still hailed among the best arc's, similarly also in Skypiea.

It's all about execution. Overdoing fake outs is what's put to Wano to this state. You do it few times but when you overdo it it gets annoying.

Likr the clown show with Kinemon in the chapter.
I always have seen it like this:
  • If the thing you love the most about One Piece are the strawhats and think the series it at it's best when they are the focus of each arc, then Ennies Lobby is probably the best arc for you. This are the type of people who also always critisize Post-TS, because of lack of focus on the strawhats.
  • If the thing you love the most about One Piece is the world building and you think it is the biggest strength of the series(like me), then Marineford is probably the best arc in your opinion.
In the end it's all subjective.

The fake deaths aren't the problem, all of the characters having zombie like will power and getting up several times before the war is over is the problem. Kanjuro should have been down the first time and stayed down. Oda shouldn't have wasted time on the bandaging from the silhouette for this nonsense.
Only the ancient/mythical zoans with regen, and Luffy (insane CoC willpower) should be able to get up multiple times.

Best Dramatic Arc is Arabasta Arc & it's not even close
Best Adventurous Arc is Skypiea Arc & it's a Masterpiece for me
Best Fighting/Action Arc is obviously Marineford Arc (As of yet)
Hard disagree on Alabasta being the most dramatic. It was a by the book overwhelming victory for the strawhats, the only time I came close to crying was when Pell sacrificed himself, only to then to react to him coming back like this:
:nicagesmile:

Hard disagree on Alabasta being the most dramatic. It was a by the book overwhelming victory for the strawhats, the only time I came close to crying was when Pell sacrificed himself, only to then to react to him coming back like this:
:nicagesmile:
It was Luffy's first loss, and he lost twice before winning (against someone who before power creep and plot extension was on Mihawk's level as a Shichibukai).
It was the biggest scale (an entire large country), battling opponents that pushed all of the strawhats apart from Sanji to their breaking point.
Up until Alabasta it had been mid diff fights for Luffy pretty much every time after he adapted to their style.

It was Luffy's first loss, and he lost twice before winning (against someone who before power creep and plot extension was on Mihawk's level as a Shichibukai).
It was the biggest scale (an entire large country), battling opponents that pushed all of the strawhats apart from Sanji to their breaking point.
Up until Alabasta it had been mid diff fights for Luffy pretty much every time after he adapted to their style.
Luffy was actually a good character back then also, he was ready to accept that when facing a warlord level enemy thousands would be dying, and it was the first serious villain.

Now he's the opposite of that

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I didn't like the last chapter too much, mostly because it felt too coincidental that both Law and Kidd awakened at the same time and also how easily Law managed to hurt a yonko although I doubt it's a terrible wound.

I didn't like the last chapter too much, mostly because it felt too coincidental that both Law and Kidd awakened at the same time and also how easily Law managed to hurt a yonko although I doubt it's a terrible wound.
they didnt awaken at the same time the last chapter. they obviously awakened before and used said awakening for the first time on panel. they are legit talking about the side effects of using awakening.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
they didnt awaken at the same time the last chapter. they obviously awakened before and used said awakening for the first time on panel. they are legit talking about the side effects of using awakening.
They seemed to use their powers just now, it would be too coincidental if they awakened consistently in the past and only used their capabilities just now mentioning about them at the same time too. Obviously they awakened in this chapter, it's quite unlikely they did not at least, the plot heavily focused on this by portraying their own words and a lot of attention.

The only concrete chance is that they awakened earlier but unconsciously, but that doesn't make much sense. Awakening was introduced as a conscious capability, not an unconscious one, like the term itself awakening suggests so.

They seemed to use their powers just now, it would be too coincidental if they awakened consistently in the past and only used their capabilities just now mentioning about them at the same time too. Obviously they awakened in this chapter, it's quite unlikely they did not at least, the plot heavily focused on this by portraying their own words and a lot of attention.

The only concrete chance is that they awakened earlier but unconsciously, but that doesn't make much sense. Awakening was introduced as a conscious capability, not an unconscious one, like the term itself awakening suggests so.
Bro they are talking about the side effects obviously knowing about them. They didnt fucking awaken this chapter

"Im still not used to it"

Agree, i wasnt expecting Kiku to die because she had already lost a arm, but bringing Kanjuro and Kinemon back was a total shit.

And of course Ashura will come back too.

The Scabbards and Hyo are the characters made to die in this arc, expecially Kin(the leader), Kanjuro(the traitor) and Ashura(the one that had given up), and give their lifes to freed Wano, but Oda fail to much in this.

A dead character in the story would be remember by the fans forever, while the fake dead ones become jokes