Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

Great worldbuilding defines what makes One Piece good to an extent, so I hope we can get a few lore drops in this chapter :josad:
Completely agree. I was reading up on Flevance again and I forgot how brutal, tragic and powerful the writing was for it. It's no wonder Law turned out the way he did and is so Anti-WG ofc! Not to mention even strapping himself with grenades and such as a child? Oda's writing can really be masterful at times.

:jinbewat::luchosop::chopoff::perocry:

On a similar note, I actually like Orochi's backstory and Kanjuro's has grown on me now too. It really makes a stark contrast to someone like Oden, how much better his cirumstances were by far and how he turned out vs Orochi from day one. Orochi's entire clan being hunted down and murdered is just fucking brutal imo. Kinda reminds me of the Uchihas too.

Makes sense. WG likes to judge the series on a per chapter basis and not a group of chapters or an arc as a whole.

People were praising and loving 1022-1024, and 1027-1029 and then the moment Oda does something odd (Kin's way of survival + Kanjuro), it erases everything thats come before like nothing lol

Next chapter could be nuts, and this entire place would forget that they complained last week lol
Yeah, I am guilty of that at times and it was a certain Youtuber I watched before who had the perfect term for that too. Either it was Drizzt, Jay D Legend, Nya Hemmingz or Prototype Vergo, one of them said we are "prisoners of the moment." I wanna say it was Jay who said it but I can't remember for certain.

We've had previous arcs look better after they've finished and revisting them but ironically WCI has only gotten worse in hindsight due to this arc imo. I can see what Oda is doing with Sanji but I heavily disagree with it, but some people do believe Oda is trying to take Sanji down the same road as Horikoshi has done with Shoto Todoroki in MHA.

Some of us are definitely guilty of being easily influenced or dare I say "wishy washy" like that? But given we are reading the series weekly, it's sort of understandable/expected too? Like taking things one step at a time, we're having to wait a week for each new chapter, 2 weeks for every 4th chapter and also the WSJ breaks and such ofc and at this point in the story and with how long Wano has dragged on for, it's making us very impatient, fed up and wanting Oda to get the story really moving along already.

I mean it'll definitely "fall", but Momo will 100% save it. It's what is being set up in his scenes to at least create clouds big enough to support Onigashima.

I'm like 90% sure we'll get a major Luffy/Kaido scene (this chapter or soon) where either Kaido just straight up drops the island (not caring about the explosion) or Luffy unknowingly causes it to happen because he uses some big damaging move against Kaido at the wrong time.
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm thinking will happen too. Momo will probably get his Hour of Legends moment holding up Onigashima for that long and letting everyone evacuate the capital. He might even resemble the titan "Atlas" with holding up "the world/Earth" too ofc.

I have honestly suspected that will happen with Luffy and Kaido too, Luffy might get too invested in taking down Kaido and Kaido lets out a smirk to Luffys annoyed confusion, only for Kaido to reveal that thanks to Luffy weakening him so much, he can't keep Onigashima aloft anymore and he's going to "literally drop the base".

Yeah I'm very 50/50 on their relevance. The fact that CP-0 is near the waterfall however means that Oda must at least address them. If they are still stuck at the bottom of the falls, then they will likely fight CP-0 (unless some plot twist happens there). If they are not there, then they must be in Wano already and could play a bigger part.

Definitely am not sure myself what could be happening there.

CP-0, Numbers and BMP are the 3 factors I'm not sure what Oda intends to play with for the rest of the arc on top of the last 6 "opponents" this arc seems to have. Not to even mention some surprise like a defeated villain getting up again. Kanjuro having one last move as made me learn to literally not expect anyone to be fully defeated this arc yet lol
Yeah absolutely! I was really hoping for some CP0 vs Big Mom pirates clash but maybe they might strike up a deal somehow, in the same way CP0 tried to do with Carmel back in the day? I can't see the BM pirates winning vs them too.

Yeah definitely, Oda is really trying to keep us guessing and surprising us, it's complete chaos atm. You could say those factions are "wild cards" as Hawkins would love to say too I imagine haha. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what he has planned, hopefully he might really surprise us in a good way!

If we get anymore fakeout deaths though (which I fear we will), I swear...

:beckmoji::odenugh::lawsigh::lusalty:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.