Powers & Abilities Will the Raid Suit be permanent or will it force Sanji to want to improve?

Q
That what Sanji a better cook than any other cooks. He stand alone and that what make it principal. You mentioning Zeff will beat women and so on is just your imigination there no fact in that. Sanji fight using kick only make him unique in the entire story. There plenty people fight with both hand and leg, sword, gun, DF and so on but only a few only using Kick and Sanji able to make his grown was because he obeys the principals set up to him. Even Bon clay using his hand make attack like Duck beak. If Sanji were treated better by Oda giving him proper master not Okama, making nose bleed gag moderately Sanji will have diffrent hype compared to what he right now. Different character get different development or writing and that what make OP is colourful. If you looks back everything arround Sanji is make a gag by Oda, wanted poster at Ennies Lobby, Duval, Okama Island, fighting with joke character(not serious type), nose bleed, WCI others fighting with their life, Sanji making cake eventhough the cake make Big Mom stop but it not stoping people make fun of Sanji.
But every Okama at Kamabakka Kingdom was better cooks than Sanji, and they used hands in fight. Sanji actually learned from them. So I can't agree that not using your hands in fight just show that you are best cook. Maybe now Sanji is better cook, but before timeskip he wasn't even close. So that means, that many cooks don't have any problem with using their hands in the battle. Which means that Sanji didn't use his hands only thanks to his rules. Same thing goes with "I better die than hit the woman", which is stupid as hell.
I believe that Oda makes look Sanji unlucky not because of gags, but because of fact that Sanji is a failure. And his rules didn't change anything, in fact his rules made things even worser.

H

Herrera95

So far Oda failed miserably in showing RS as a true power up. RS only purpose was making Sanji tougher, not breakable. His attacks doesn't seem anywhere stronger than before.

Thank god that horrible suit got destroyed and not because it wasn't cool but for what it stands for.. Sanji is better than his brothers, he doesn't need Judge's tech to improve he just has to believe in himself! I don't know how Sanji's going to do it, though he will stop or overcome his on going genetic mutation and take control of it.. His passion burns stronger than science itself!

I don't blame you for being skeptical.
It's perfectly possible for it to end up being either amazing or extremely fucking awful.
:ihaha:
I'm not even skeptical, I know that Oda will never do Sanji justice, but at the very least his character will be intact, I hope so.

Here's my thoughts on Sanji in this chapter.
Well, it depends where Oda goes with this, right now I can only comment on things happening right now, I don't know what Oda has planned for Sanji's endgame but getting rid off the raid suit is a good start for sure. But I have to wait and see whether the raid suit is gone for good or not, I'm afraid it might come back in a different shape or form since the "Franky Modification" has been foreshadowed for quite some time, and I highly doubt that Oda would do that for no reason whatsoever. To be honest, I'm not against the raid suit itself per say, but rather the powers it gives to Sanji and what it represents... if Franky manages to create his own version of the raid suit with powers that can COMPLEMENT Sanji rather than undermine everything he achieved so far, by himself, than I'd have nothing against it. But, regardless whether "new or old" raid suit with NEW powers, I'd prefer no raid suit whatsoever.

I have to make a correction here: I'm not against the gene mutation if Sanji awakens it by himself, with no interference from outside whatsoever, while fully maintaining his emotions. But, I'd still prefer no gene mutation ether way, but wouldn't be against it if Sanji awakened it buy himself rather than due to the raid suit (which btw doesn't make any sense at all).

It's a good development for Sanji for sure, but, there's a big BUUUUT. I don't like that Sanji only now acquired "self esteem and self respect" when the raid suit bit him back. But this is post-timskip, so you can't expect good character writing from Oda... overall, it's a good thing, but again, it remains to be seen where will Oda go with this. And the last point: it would've been so much better if we had this in WCI rather than Wano, WCI needed this, Sanji needed this and WCI was perfect for that, + Sanji could have gotten a character development in WCI.