Spoiler One Piece Chapter 969 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still dont get oden wank/bash. Dude's dead...
wank/ bash somebody that is still alive like sanji

bad writing? thats just your bad opinion

Oden did cover for kinemon when the pig thing happened. He also saved toki letting go of the whitebeard ship.
he put other people above him, and thats consistent if the translation is right and orochi did have a hostage
Hostage?

Those "low diffed" tags you guys hand out every time you somehow are disappointed in a character are ridiculous.
He was caught by surprised and couldn't overcome a DF, that nobody else has overcome so far. No big deal.
WB couldn't break the marineford walls, Mihawk couldn't get past Vista, Akainu couldn't kill Luffy when he was only inches away from him several times etc.
Stuff like that happens.
Well you know the routine. Characters get bashed so easely by fans despite it being One Piece where even the strongest can have his/her moments of ridicule, PIS and of being nerfed : Shanks, Garp, Big Mom, Mihawk or even Whitebeard.

The Bari Bari power is far too underrated. It a legitimately powerful Paramecia and a superior version of Jozu's fruit. Imagine someone who could actually apply haki to these barriers. Though if they really are indestructible, haki would only be useful for offensive moves.

Bari Bari:
- Can wrap around and protect the user
- Can be used for close range physical attacks and mid-range barrier attacks
- Can be applied externally to protect others
- Far greater surface area than the diamond covering Jozu
- Can build multiple constructs from shovels to stairs to enclosed spheres
- Can trap another person inside
- Never been damaged or bypassed in any way, at best it gets pushed back by a bird cage like Admiral Fujitora.
- Drawback: requires a hand gesture
- Drawback: surface area is not infinite

Kira Kira:
- Gives you the hardness of diamond, no questions about its power.
- Can be used for only close range physical attacks
- Drawback: Can for some reason not cover the entire user but at least half your face is left exposed
- Drawback: Cannot build constructs, cannot be used externally, cannot trap enemies
- Drawback: Bypassed by Doflamingo's strings, even the diamond half of Jozu was unable to move
- Drawback: Bypassed by Aokiji's freeze, diamond offers no protecting from certain elemental damage?

If I were a Jozu, a Smoothie, a Queen, I would easily swap the Bari Bari for my current ability.

Well you know the routine. Characters get bashed so easely by fans despite it being One Piece where even the strongest can have his/her moments of ridicule, PIS and of being nerfed : Shanks, Garp, Big Mom, Mihawk or even Whitebeard.
It's sad, really.
I really miss the early days of OJ, where spoiler and chapter threads were completely trash-free and you could have an amazing, civilized discussion about the chapter.
Don't know when this age of trolling and baiting started.

Well, it seems you realize it happened because the plot required it to happen but I dont get why you say "Oden got low-diffed".
It is not like he was bested in combat or anything, he simply was against indestructible barrier which also works great for plot purpose.
Tbh, if you would pick a plot element that would save Orochi's ass, could you pick a better one?

Sure, you can say it is bad writing but such things happen, the plot requires them and the author isn't too invested in making those looking more plausible... Zoro fainted, nobody even thought to cut the Birdcage, it is all bad writing but it works great for the plot...
Nothing we can do about it.
"Low diff" means one side WON WITHOUT ANY DIFFICULTY.

Get it? What did Oden do to actually cause Fodderochi any difficulty? Some guy just put a barrier there and that's it. That's all it took. Fodderochi sweated for one chapter and took no damage and he barely had to even take take one step. The old guy just had to twist his fingers and the entire fight was done.

Oden did nothing to even move Fodderochi from his throne room. And after that he inexplicably followers Fodderochi's command to dance around like a fool.

Thats what low diff means. There was no difficulty on Fodderochi's side to subdue Oden

I already knew that Orochi made it out alive. We all knew that. What we didn't know is that Orochi barely needed to do anything to get out alive. Remember last week when people thought it would take That shape shifting woman's death for Orochi to get out alive. See that's not low diffing. Orochi would actually lost someone very important to survive.

So yes, this is a forced plot element and that's just bad writing in itself. And on top of that ODEN GOT LOW DIFFED

If a Guy, named Davis.
Came one morning to the door of President Kate Kury, and said :

Hey, Make me the President or a kill a guy in my house pressing this button.

What would Kate Kury do ? : He would say the guy to fuck of because it's far worse to let the guy become president.

So that's why Oden should have absolutely Wrecked Orochi. Hostage or not !
Because otherwise he let Orochi do far worse.

The situation is totally illogical for me.

🗿

Reddit is far more suited place for that, maybe you try it over there ?
Nah, reddit isn't really that much better.
I'm just baffled as to how we came to the current state of "discussing" about OP, when I think of the "old days" (which are still only half a decade away tbh).
There is no need to sugarcoat it, everything just really was way more civilized and grown-up back then. Maybe it's just the new generation and age of internet-trolling, but I don't know ...

so orochi low diffed zoro to ?:milaugh:
Is Zoro dancing around like a fool after engaging Fodderochi? What I remember is a stalemate while Fodderochi ran away like bitch and Zoro saving Hiyori.

Here Oden stalemate with a barrier and Fodderochi doesn't even move out of the spot he was in and then Oden is his slave after some off screen shit happens

Status
Not open for further replies.