Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though many people don't care about Drake as much as the Straw Hats, it was suggested to me that him meeting Yamato could still be significant, because along with his name being "Diez/X Drake," he also positions his weapons in a way that form an "X" when her kanabo strikes them, implying a possible hint that maybe she's the 10th Straw Hat recruit, or maybe she isn't.

Great chapter. Love that Sanji's fight moved to the left side of the skull while Zoro's on the right side of the skull and Luffy's up top on the roof in the center.

Sanji's conflict and decision in this chapter was great. Oda does a good job with static characters in the series Sanji being one of his best. In WCI it was a challenge to see if Sanji was truly great at what he believes is right, Chivalry/Kindness/Cooking etc. He stays true to himself in the end and deals with his family issues while being rewarded with a power up. Most writer's might stop there but Oda creates a secondary conflict with the aforementioned power up to create another character moment for Sanji with the power up causing him to lose his humanity (and thus changing his status as a static character)

Highlighting that Sanji is static because his way of living IS correct and reinforcing that notion by having him destroy the raid suit is awesome to me. Him considering his Captain Luffy's needs and entrusting his crews first-mate Zoro with dealing with any potential false self afterward the delicious Icing on the cake.

Also lol at those trolling and power scaling the call But I will say this. In Sanji's Eyes Zoro is stronger than him, by how much is always at Oda's discretion, BUT the call isn't about that. Sanji knows Zoro is the only SH who is 1- Capable of putting him down physically while also being 2 - Mentally capable of going thru with the action. Luffy who is obviously stronger than both wouldn't be able to do so. It is indeed the First Mate's burden to do what Sanji is asking of him. Also want to highlight that Sanji wouldn't allow himself to be killed by anybody but Zoro making it a rivalry literally till death haha. If Zoro screams Sanji's name to prevent him from hitting a woman later in the arc I might legit shed a tear lmao. Them two really have my favorite Dynamic in the series.

In conjunction of what I just said LOVE that this was the chapter Oda did the number 2's on the cover page. So Dope.

Other Chapter notes:

- Big mom really went final boss mode lmao. Wonder what Kidd and Law have in store for her. (Still think they end up using the bombs on her)
- CP0 Looking scary love to see it
- Seems more and more like the Numbers = Cave Samurai theory could be true after all
- Did Sanji turn invisible?... IIRC the Vinsmoke bros have the ability to use their specific techs with or without the raid suits. If Sanji can still be invisible man he gonna be a problem
- Hell Memories back!!

Great chapter.

Sanji about to go all out against Queen. I admire him for abandoning all things Germa and staying true to his principles. I also love the acknowledgement from Sanji that Zoro is a beast who could take him out if need be. Sanji's gonna show some real power though and take down Queen for good.

Kidd and Law against Big Mom is really good too. I think Kidd's got this though, he's holding back something.

Another acknowledgement: Law isn't interested in being Pirate King and never really was. He was always half hearted (no pun intended) about it in the first place. He will be the one who discovers the meaning behind "the will of D". Kidd is Luffy's main rival for Pirate King title.

I think Marco is going to assist Robin & Brook. He saw CP0 last chapter, there was a reason Oda drew him into that panel looking toward their direction.

Tbh, the Zoro killing Sanji thing seems unlikely, but I can see Sanji and Zoro fighting for real afterwards. I don‘t think that was for nothing :pepecorn:.
The two will likely clash yes. I expect the thing to actually be rather more funny than melodramatic, cause Oda got no reason to kill Sanji, maybe incapacitate him at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.