Anime & Manga "Rooftop is a filler. It was just for fanservice."

Who knows more about the canon of OP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s not filler, but it was definitely a SH flex/fan service fight. It was hyped as a 5v 2, but You could tell that it might as well have just been Luffy and Zoro vs Kaido. Oda didn’t even try and hide how much he was holding back Kidd, Law, and Big Mom and how they were being put to the side. Kidd threw out two attacks on Kaido the whole rooftop battle and nobody even attacked Big Mom.

LOL

There was a scene where Big Mom zapped Zoro and then Luffy says “You’ll pay for that” and then he proceeds to ignore Big Mom and pummel Kaido with Kong Gattling.

Last edited:
No. It’s more like they are the two SH/MCs so Oda wanted to show them off more on the roof. Kidd and Law are still closer to Luffy, roof just wasn’t their place to shine. Just as Big Mom is still an equal threat to Kaido even though she was treated like basically an extra on the roof.
they were the only one strong enough to damage and fight kaido
law s gamma knife did as much as killers kama sonic
let s not talk about kidd mf did worse than kawmatsu

zoro carried eveyrone on roof top

they were the only one strong enough to damage and fight kaido
No. They were the only ones who Oda wanted to significantly damage him in that particular fight. If Kidd and Law bust out awakening on the roof they’d be doing big damage too. I wonder why only the main characters weren’t held back lol.

When only the main characters go all out and get the shine while the other characters who aren’t MCs get held back, don’t be surprised if people call it fan service. They have a point.

I don’t agree with that “filler” nonsense though

No. They were the only ones who Oda wanted to significantly damage him in that particular fight. If Kidd and Law bust out awakening on the roof they’d be doing big damage too. I wonder why only the main characters weren’t held back lol.

When only the main characters go all out and get the shine while the other characters who aren’t MCs get held back, don’t be surprised if people call it fan service. They have a point.

I don’t agree with that “filler” nonsense though
law s awakening meh same shit as gamma knife not big damage
kidd's awakening would no do much either

it works against big mom because she s way weaker than kaido
kaido s durability and healing>>>>big;s mom

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
The reason they cry about roofpiece so much is because they wanna believe that everything zoro gets sanji gets too but roofpiece is undeniable proof that's not the case, and so is coc.
It's not about Sanji. Luffy fans are coping.
And other Anti-Zolo pirates which in this case doesnt represent Sanjino's fans but there are a couple of them in there too. :catpole:

According to some special guys, the battle of 5 Supernovas and the 2 Yonkos at the Rooftop of Onigashima Castle is...Filler

Like how tf can a battle that was drawn by the author himself in his own manga, not a spin-off, not a color spread for some novels like ace novel, but for his own fucking manga be filler?

I cant imagine the level of copium one has to consume to claim such things:gokulaugh:

Is this battle a filler or you fucks headcanon was filler?

I have seen a lot of people claim this and to everyone and their mother's surpise its always the anti zolo fucks like

Who said author can't draw pointless things?
This is the same author who milked 10+ chapters so that Luffy and other SN will reach the rooftop just at 1000th chapter.
This is the same author who draws many things based on Japanese puns without having anything to do with story.
This is the same author who draws inconsistent actions of many characters just for the sake of stalling or moving plot.
It is fanservice because that fight yielded nothing. Bigmom didn't even use adCoC attacks nor indra again that can immobilize every SN. In a nutshell, remove that rooftop fight, nothing will change in any event in wano war or manga. Even the dialogues are shit. That is what you call filler or fanservice. Just cause it is canon doesn't mean it can't be pointless.

Oh wait, maybe it is not entirely pointless. It has shown how dumb and clowns the yonkos were.