Character Discussion Why Mihawk has such low relevancy in the story

How is that guy considered "top-tier" is beyond me. Ignoring his obviously terrible feats. He has such bad portrayal by Oda that i'm almost 100% certain that he won't be Zoro's EoS opponent. If he was truly such an important character to be supposedly the EoS opponent of the second most popular character ever in One Piece, then Oda needs to reconsider being a writer because he obviously can't portray such an important character for shit

No one simply gives a flying fuck about him

1- Kaido doesn't consider him as one of the greats/legends. You'd think that someone who has a major history with swordsmen and literally LIVES in the land of swordsmen, would at least consider "The World's Strongest Swordsmen" to be any relevant. But he doesn't. I doubt he even cares that he exists. Also Kaido somehow seems oblivious that Mihawk > Shanks :vistalaugh:

2- The entire land of Wano hasn't mentioned Mihawk even ONCE. Supposedly the land of swordsmen seem to not give a shit about "The World's Strongest Swordsman". The argument that they're an "isolated country" also doesn't make sense because it means that Mihawk hasn't even bothered to visit the land of swordsmen throughout his life or do anything of relevancy there. Why does that guy keep dodging/postponing strong fighters anyway? The strongest he has ever fought was Shanks 12 years ago and there's no evidence that he even beat him. Same Shanks who got scarred permanently by fruit-less Blackbeard. So you can tell he wasn't anything special, probably was like YC2 at best

3- Crocodile shit talking him without giving a fuck or facing consequences Imagine Croco-boy talking shit to any Yonko or Admiral in their face and getting away with it. Some fans might cope and say "Well he also shit talked Whitebeard". But even then he was far away and has never shit talked Whitebeard when he was close to him, not to mention that Whitebeard was heavily occupied with Ace, Sengoku, Admirals, his crew, etc. While Mihawk basically had nothing to do at all except chasing fodder G2 Luffy and failing to even critically damage him. Meanwhile the most fearless Warlord (Doflamingo) who is also much stronger than Crocodile and has CoC used to SHIT his pants just from hearing Kaido's name, and he also pussied out from fighting Aokiji

4- Marco never took him seriously to the point that he never even bothered to directly confront him and sent someone who's technically 2 ranks (YC3) below him to deal with Mihawk. Can you imagine Marco sending Vista-sama to deal with Shanks, Kaido, Akainu, Big Mom, Dragon, etc? We saw first-hand how serious does Marco take strongest opponents by either confronting them directly (Big Mom), or even asking for help from Vista-sama before doing so (Akainu)

6- He hasn't been mentioned with in relevancy by any relevant characters. Best he has even gotten was Whitebeard saying "Hawkeye" before Mihawk hit a slash that was blocked by Jozu anyway (same Jozu who got shit on by Doflamingo btw) and other than that pretty much nothing. Even when he was chased no Admiral even bothered to accompany the marines chasing him the same way they didn't bother with the other warlords. Meanwhile Kizaru wanted to personally go and stop characters like Kaido and Big Mom because only those are worth his time

7- Last but not least. He wasn't even called "World's Strongest Swordsman" when he was portrayed last time. Why? If he has such bad feats and portrayals, then shouldn't his title be his only shield from mediocrity? His title is always the magic word that his fans use when anyone doubts Mihawk supposed superiority. Yet it seems like even Oda doesn't give many fucks about the poor guy anymore that he doesn't bother calling him "The World's Strongest Swordsman" anymore :milaugh:

Last edited:
Cool story. Every character you've mentioned in your rant will be dead before Mihawk even takes damage on panel.
That's because Mihawk is a fraud who made his name by dodging fights and chasing fodder like Don Krieg and postponing fights with mid-tier opponents like Vista :vistalaugh:

Meanwhile all the other actual top-tier fighters are constantly fighting the best of the best and still haven't fallen down yet :steef:

That's because Mihawk is a fraud who made his name by dodging fights and chasing fodder like Don Krieg and postponing fights with mid-tier opponents like Vista :vistalaugh:

Meanwhile all the other actual top-tier fighters are constantly fighting the best of the best and still haven't fallen down yet :steef:
Why would Mihawk need to fight anyone seriously when his student is able to make 2 "invincible monsters" shit their pants and start fearing for their lives with one of his attacks?

Let the 'top tiers' fight whoever they want. Mihawk is just waiting for the rest of the verse to catch up to him; being yonklol level doesn't cut it if you actually intend to have a real duel against him

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Low relevancy my ass.

Portrayed as Zoro's end goal target. Is waiting for a swordmaster to specifically surpass Shanks and I mean specifically surpass. He either crazy or knows his stuff. The black blade hype still held. Marineford is trash for scaling, people gotta accept it.

you are right . but wrong at same time .
cuz he is not releated to the mc by anyway that's why Oda isn't sucking him as he do with other figures who are obstacle to mc or mentor goal etc.

this is oda problem , and it's not here only to put the blame on mibawk .

everything about Strawhats dreams doesn't matter to oda at all except mc , this is why he is shit writer.

Oden only linked with luffy cuz he is linked to luffy goal or mentor shanks roger wb etc.

I'm afraid what happened with Shichibukais after Marine hunted them will mess up One Piece power scale so bad. And is already messed up.

Pre-timeskip and Post-timeskip are different manga. Is literally a different story. Mihawk was amazing pre-timeskip while he didn't a shit so far post-timeskip so we can't truly scale him now.

Why would Mihawk need to fight anyone seriously when his student is able to make 2 "invincible monsters" shit their pants and start fearing for their lives with one of his attacks?

Let the 'top tiers' fight whoever they want. Mihawk is just waiting for the rest of the verse to catch up to him; being yonklol level doesn't cut it if you actually intend to have a real duel against him
Yeah so as much as I hate the Mihawk downplay maybe tone it down with the overwank lmao.

Your looking at things the wrong way kaido isn't the measuring stick to peoples strength it could have been mihawk never encounter kaido at all & have you forgotten white beard he talks about mihawk and shanks duels mihawk is a lone wolf UN like shanks I'm pretty sure if mihawk ever encounter kaido he might lose a arm or leg bruh, mihawk is a chill lay back dude even during marine Ford he was lay back & please stop down playing vista as if he's weak the guy had over 20+ years to polish his sword work, mihawk build up is awesome '& oda has shown that he doesn't get hurt at all during the time he was shown I mean the guy doesn't even have a scar

Your looking at things the wrong way kaido isn't the measuring stick to peoples strength it could have been mihawk never encounter kaido at all & have you forgotten white beard he talks about mihawk and shanks duels mihawk is a lone wolf UN like shanks I'm pretty sure if mihawk ever encounter kaido he might lose a arm or leg bruh, mihawk is a chill lay back dude even during marine Ford he was lay back & please stop down playing vista as if he's weak the guy had over 20+ years to polish his sword work, mihawk build up is awesome '& oda has shown that he doesn't get hurt at all during the time he was shown I mean the guy doesn't even have a scar
Its not about the guy’s strength for me, its about his lack of relevance to the overall plot. Mihawk could not exist and it wouldnt change much bar give Zoro another reason to get stronger. But it wouldnt change the overall plot at all.

Thats how irrelevant to the plot Mihawk is.

Last edited: