Character Discussion Why Mihawk has such low relevancy in the story

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Why the hell not? At Baratie, when Mihawk first showed up, it was apparent that becoming WSS was a big deal. But where are these swordsmen, other than Zoro, who want to become WSS? Who wants to beat Mihawk? Literally no one.

Drizzt's video is an eye opening for shit writing side of Oda and Zoro's Dream part of the video clearly explains why Zoro vs Mihawk will be anticlimactic, well at least for me. And Marineford Mihawk is another reason for this. Why put Zoro's ultimate goal there make him be stopped by against people like Vista, Crocodile?

Why not put some swordsmen in the story whose goal is the same as Zoro? Make them declare that they will be WSS and then make them be beaten by Zoro and ultimately adding another great parallel between Zoro and Luffy.
Why would people who want to be wss
Go fight zoro instead of mihawk

Why the hell not? At Baratie, when Mihawk first showed up, it was apparent that becoming WSS was a big deal. But where are these swordsmen, other than Zoro, who want to become WSS? Who wants to beat Mihawk? Literally no one.

Drizzt's video is an eye opening for shit writing side of Oda and Zoro's Dream part of the video clearly explains why Zoro vs Mihawk will be anticlimactic, well at least for me. And Marineford Mihawk is another reason for this. Why put Zoro's ultimate goal there make him be stopped by against people like Vista, Crocodile?

Why not put some swordsmen in the story whose goal is the same as Zoro? Make them declare that they will be WSS and then make them be beaten by Zoro and ultimately adding another great parallel between Zoro and Luffy.
Zoro vs Mihawk was hyped since the ancient times of their first meeting.

Mihawk spelled "I will wait for you, Roronoa" after Zoro claimed that one day he will surpass Mihawk and until then never lose, all of which was likely very meaningful as an affirmation.

I understand that some feel that Zoro training with Mihawk might make their fight weird but you cannot only see it as teacher vs student after all those Pre TS implications.

Mihawk is a character that exists 《only for one single purpose》 to be oneshoted by Zoro at some point in the story. Mihawk has never done anything relevant, he never defeated anyone relevant, he never played any role in the story, he has no credibility behind his title; he's nothing more but an empty character with single purpose to be destroyed by Zoro. It is the most pitiful and wasteful way of using a character, especially with a cool design like Mihawk.

• I've been talking about this for quite some time with Mihawk and Zoro fans, and they usually try to dodge the discussion because deep down they are very worried and unsatisfied with Mihawk's character treatment.
It's mostly a [protective] issue that plagues Mihawk's character, Oda is TOO PROTECTIVE of him that he is willing to make him irrelevant to the story rather than showing him doing something. The same issue–although to a lesser degree–can be seen with Rayleigh who was made 《totally irrelevant》in Oden's flashback because he didn't want to show Rayleigh fighting. We all wanted to see Rayleigh vs Oden but Oda went out of his way to isolate these two from each other–he couldn't show [fanservice] characters fighting each other.

Remember when Oda created those powerscale ranks of YC3/YC2/YC1???
Cant remember?
Thats because never happend

I dont like Mihawk, but the op post is soo full of headcanon that its hard to take it. I dont think Mihawk is stronger than Shanks/WB/Roger like some of his fans do, but its clear that he hasnt fighed seriouslly in series and that Oda is waiting for his fight against Zoro to show his full power, much like what he is doing with Shanks for Luffy.

About Kaido, he see in Luffy people who he have meet/fighted and that have will much like Luffy, all the five are in some way similar to the SH, puting Mihawk there would be totally random, and would make sense only in the Zorot4rds brains.

About Wano, not much to talk, Wano is closed why they would know about Mihawk?

Mihawk is probably the strongest active pirate besides the Emperors and Luffy, and if we take in account that WB crew was the strongest of the Emperors, make sense that the strongest swordsman of the crew would be able to fight him, as we have seen other commanders fight even stronger guys like the Admirals.

The biggest Mihawk problem to me is that the Zorot4rds try to soo hard to create this "Zoro will be strongest in the verse" bullshit that they make Zoro main objective as the strongest character in the verse.

I understand that some feel that Zoro training with Mihawk might make their fight weird but you cannot only see it as teacher vs student after all those Pre TS implications.
That is not the point. The point is because of how Oda has written story after Baratie made the title of WSS mean nothing since no one cares about becoming one, no one is staying in the way of Zoro becoming WSS while literally everyone is staying in the way of Luffy of becoming PK. All of this making Zoro dream meaningless.

That is not the point. The point is because of how Oda has written story after Baratie made the title of WSS mean nothing since no one cares about becoming one, no one is staying in the way of Zoro becoming WSS while literally everyone is staying in the way of Luffy of becoming PK. All of this making Zoro dream meaningless.
WSS is not meaningless, why would Zoro struggle so hard for a meaningless goal? He is struggling his life time for it. Becoming WSS means accomplishing astoundingly hard deeds, it means reaching a state of power only a few ever achieved and will likely ever achieve. It means a lot for Zoro and I can understand why.

WSS is not meaningless, why would Zoro struggle so hard for a meaningless goal? He is struggling his life time for it. Becoming WSS means accomplishing astoundingly hard deeds, it means reaching a state of power only a few ever achieved and will likely ever achieve. It means a lot for Zoro and I can understand why.
It doesn't mean anything because:-

A) no one respects or gives a shit about so-called WSS

B) no one gives a shit about becoming WSS themselves

C) it's a vague title that doesn't mean anything and it's unclear how is it even acquired or kept. Mihawk has never even fought 99% of the swordsmen we've seen in the series to put his title to the test except pre-Yonko Shanks. Strongest he has ever fought was Shanks 12 years ago who got shit on by a fruitless Blackbeard

D) Title was spread as a rumor by people the same as WSC title of Kaido. Some people even believe that Zoro and Vista are the WSS. Roger should've been called WSS during his lifetime yet no one even called him that, which means that it's a subjective title unlike being a Pirate King

Who told you Mihawk never beat Shanks?
who told u he did? shanks's only scar he ever had was from blackbeard himself. he lost his arm to a sea king. apart from that no injuries are there. same with mihawk. these friendly duels mean actually nothing. if its a real 1 vs 1 then we have akainu vs aokiji fight to death where akainu spared aokiji's life. and we have garp and sengoku beating shikki, garp and roger beating rox pirates and so on. friendly duels mean absolutely nothing. if mihawk is better than shanks then why he couldnt even give him a scar? u want me to believe mihawk have beaten shanks just because that's wt zoro fans want to believe? :milaugh: Mihawk is a clown who havent beaten anyone so far we know of. pathetic lmao

This is the first brainlet I've ever seen in the wild lmfao and you using emojis shows your stupidity even more.

Yes moron he lifted it ...

When Zoro cut Picas statue did he lift it ??

The sword is used to channel their power maybe pick up a Doctor Seuss book that seems to be more up your alley.

"all swordsman do is cut things"

Mihawk strength is so stupid he accidentally performed a country feat ... come back when you learn to powerscale.

READ Doctor Seuss clearly a manga for 12 - 15 years old is too much for you to understand basic knowledge.
Read one piece not Doctor Seuss. This is what happens when u read childish retard stuff and try to bring them here to argue :suresure:

Yes moron he lifted it ...

When Zoro cut Picas statue did he lift it ??
This is Golden retard stuff right here :gokulaugh: :gokulaugh: show me mihawk lifting an iceberg LMAO :suresure:

u must be a two piece fan that's y u keep saying retard things like this.

Mihawk strength is so stupid he accidentally performed a country feat ... come back when you learn to powerscale.
Another headcanon statement. The only thing stupid here is actually u and rest of zoro cuckbois .
who said that simple iceberg was a country level one? u? :suresure: its not even a feat of strength. jozu lifting an iceberg is a feat of strength. cutting an iceberg equal to lifting one? u 5 year old or something? :ihaha:

law got more strength than mihawk and zoro according to u. law can lift a mountain by ur logic :risitasad:

Zoro's No-sword style literary answered ur question. without a sword its no longer abt swordsmanship. which is exactly wt zoro mentioned when talked with king.

look wt ur zoro cuckboi is saying here. one punch and he already concede the fact that he isnt a swordsman

:ihaha:

already gave u many points in previous reply which u have yet to address :myman: :shocking:

I'm pretty sure a clown like u always run away when facts are given to ur face. mihawk and zoro are frauds and its time everyone figured it out. In a world where only people like kinemon, cavendish, zoro , vista, trash cabbards live lihawk is the strongest.

Big fish in a small pond thats wt Lihawk is :suresure: :suresure:

Last edited:

HA001

who told u he did? shanks's only scar evenrhad was from blackbeard himself. he lost his arm to a sea king. apart from that no injuries are there. same with mihawk. these friendly duels mean actually nothing. if its a real 1 vs 1 then we have akainu vs aokiji fight to death where akainu spared aokiji's life. and we have garp and sengoku beating shikki, garp and roger beating rox pirates and so on. friendly duels mean absolutely nothing. if mihawk is better than shanks then why he couldnt even give him a scar? u want me to believe mihawk hav :milaugh: Mihawk is a clown who havent beaten anyone so far we know of. pathetic lmao

Read one piece not Doctor Seuss. This is what happens when u read childish retard stuff and try to bring them here to argue :suresure:

This is Golden retard stuff right here :gokulaugh: :gokulaugh: show me mihawk lifting an iceberg LMAO :suresure:

u must be a two piece fan that's y u keep saying retard things like this.

Another headcanon statement. The only thing stupid here is actually u and rest of zoro cuckbois .
who said that simple iceberg was a country level one? u? :suresure: its not even a feat of strength. jozu lifting an iceberg is a feat of strength. cutting an iceberg equal to lifting one? u 5 year old or something? :ihaha:

law got more strength than mihawk and zoro according to u. law can lift a mountain by ur logic :risitasad:

Zoro's No-sword style literary answered ur question. without a sword its no longer abt swordsmanship. which is exactly wt zoro mentioned when talked with king.

look wt ur zoro cuckboi is saying here. one punch and he already concede the fact that he isnt a swordsman

:ihaha:

already gave u many points in previous reply which u have yet to address :myman: :shocking:

I'm pretty sure a clown like u always run away when facts are given to ur face. mihawk and zoro are frauds and its time everyone figured it out. In a world where only people like kinemon, cavendish, zoro , vista, trash cabbards live lihawk is the strongest.

Big fish in a small pond thats wt Lihawk is :suresure: :suresure:
Shanks "I have countless scars"

Last edited by a moderator:
@SaitamaSanji

It's quite unlikely that Mihawk didn't defeat Shanks in the past considering he claimed he specifically had several scars (apart from the one Teach inflicted him of course).
Come back when it's officially stated, until then, Mihawk didn't defeat anyone. Hell, it's even spiceficly hinted that the duels between Shanks and Mihawk ended when Shanks lost his arm–Mihawk even refused to fight against Shanks because of that.

Why should we underestimate the duels between Mihawk and Shanks even though Whitebeard himself holds them in high regard?

Anyway, in the VC it's said that Mihawk trained relentlessly and faced numerous challengers until there was not one worthy left. He was already famous before the Great Pirate Age even began (he was not even twenty at the time). Atm we have to make do with this.

@SaitamaSanji

It's quite unlikely that Mihawk didn't defeat Shanks in the past considering he claimed he specifically had several scars (apart from the one Teach inflicted him of course).
The fact is there are none he received from mihawk. mihawk put a scar on zoro and it's there still visible on him even now. shanks fear the scar he received from BB more than anything even after all these years. mihawk isnt someone he actually cares abt despite having friendly duels for years which means nothing relevant
Shanks "I have countless scars"
but none from mihawk :ihaha:

here something u forgot abt earlier

kizaru's swordsmanship. what kind of sword skill is that? :shame:

HA001

The fact is there are none he received from mihawk. mihawk put a scar on zoro and it's there still visible on him even now. shanks fear the scar he received from BB more than anything even after all these years. mihawk isnt someone he actually cares abt despite having friendly duels for years which means nothing relevant

but none from mihawk :ihaha:

here something u forgot abt earlier

kizaru's swordsmanship. what kind of sword skill is that? :shame:
Where did he say he had none from mihawk ?

And that means nothing. Who is he engaging 1 vs 1 there clown. The only time he's been pushed was by Ray and he used a sword.