[FNZ] Light game Death Note Mini Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I learn one thing from this game it’s to get serious about committing to my own reads. You guys may never pull me off a read again even if it’s not that strong lol. I fucked up not trusting myself the last two days when I should have fought harder and been more hard headed on Lanji both days.

I hated steering town wrong in Genshin & JoJos but this was definitely worse lol.
Your reads weren't actually bad...I think the worst part about your play this game was not making yourself a clear enough town presence, you confused the fuck out of me when you demanded me to claim right at the end of the day, because that plays into the mafia's hands exactly. It's one thing for Ekko to do it. But you said "Nope I see nothing wrong here lol"

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
@Ratchet do u think this setup was easier or harder to play than an 8-2 fully mountainous setup for town?
Probably easier, in my opinion. In that example setup, town have three mislynches and three mislynches only. In this one, if the town mass claims then they have at worst 2.5 mislynches (Alibaba being the .5). What it ultimately required was for players to give up trying to use flavour as a means to work the game out, which can be easier said than done. It's a source of information, but I think (at least when I host again) players will give pause to using it to clear a player. On average for this game, town has about 4 mislynches, which it more or less reached here (Alibaba making it 3.5 I guess but he was an extension of the town).

That said there was a lot of factors that went into the loss and I don't wanna be too hard on everyone here, this game wasn't easy at all. But man, my head was spinning from how all 4 of the other active players were acting scummily.
Sorry for the heated discussion btw. And the insults. But I had a job to do. I didn't actually ignore you either.

Your reads weren't actually bad...I think the worst part about your play this game was not making yourself a clear enough town presence, you confused the fuck out of me when you demanded me to claim right at the end of the day, because that plays into the mafia's hands exactly. It's one thing for Ekko to do it. But you said "Nope I see nothing wrong here lol"
I was thinking mafia probably didn’t have fake claims. So I wanted to make you and Lanji both claim to see if either might fuck up and get CC’d or claim a super obscure character (even more than the secondary characters most of us were).

You not claiming had me worried that it meant you were scum without a fake claim. In hindsight assuming mafia problems didn’t have fake claims was a dumb baseless assumption and I’ll never make it again lol.

Ratchet

Probably easier, in my opinion. In that example setup, town have three mislynches and three mislynches only. In this one, if the town mass claims then they have at worst 2.5 mislynches (Alibaba being the .5). What it ultimately required was for players to give up trying to use flavour as a means to work the game out, which can be easier said than done. It's a source of information, but I think (at least when I host again) players will give pause to using it to clear a player. On average for this game, town has about 4 mislynches, which it more or less reached here (Alibaba making it 3.5 I guess but he was an extension of the town).
That being said I think my setups tend to be pretty difficult. I think this one was potentially difficult for scum, a lot needed to go right for them this time around. I think asking the town to move past the assumption that L is dead is also difficult, even if the flavour hints at it. So I wouldn't say it's an easy game for either side. If the town mass claim, it becomes extremely easy for the Mafia.

Ratchet

That being said I think my setups tend to be pretty difficult. I think this one was potentially difficult for scum, a lot needed to go right for them this time around. I think asking the town to move past the assumption that L is dead is also difficult, even if the flavour hints at it. So I wouldn't say it's an easy game for either side. If the town mass claim, it becomes extremely easy for the Mafia.
@Ekkologix meant to tag you, just an extension to my response.

Man oh man. I just read in scum chat that my fake detective hint payed off. Things could have gone a lot differently if a kill failed on me.

When I was referring to myself as a detective, I meant *myself*.

Ratchet

You not claiming had me worried that it meant you were scum without a fake claim. In hindsight assuming mafia problems didn’t have fake claims was a dumb baseless assumption and I’ll never make it again lol.
I would hesitate to call it "dumb". You don't have any hosting meta on me, so you couldn't know what I would or wouldn't do. And Death Note has a large cast, especially when I feel like flexing my familiarity with the tertiary additions to the series. But I haven't hosted a game that was solved via flavour, though a couple of my early ones came close to it, so moving forward it should probably be assumed that Mafia have fake claims unless the flavour doesn't inform alignment at all.

Hardest scum game I ever had.

I think my threadplay was a bit messy in hindsight. I should have let Lanji use the L claim because I was weaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.