One Piece EPISODE 1000 - Overwhelming Strength! The Straw Hats Come Together

Rate The Episode

• Total voters
  • The best part of reanimating We Are is that now we can get an updated version of the 4kids rap.:madmonk:

• Dey see Big Mom rolling. Dey hating.
  • I am so happy a small slice of RoofPiece got to be part of 1000.:feelscryingman:

• We get to see Neko and Inu's glorius forms but Jack is still standing this episode. I guess it wouldn't make sense for Jack to go down this early.

• Simple but sweet eyecatcher with the complete crew. The big road sign in the corner makes this feel like a manga color spread.
  • Franky with the Akira slide. :lunazing:His CGI toys get animated with justice when it matters.

• The family's all gathering together and Chopper puts on his worst face.

• Jinbe's official color is a light brown? Never thought about it, but it matches his sideburns and current outfit.
  • Everybody fighting fodder and Gifters while Franky one-shotted Jaki again.:fransuper: That's why he was introduced last.
  • The crew preparing their poses while we get a quick gallery of all their other epic group shots. :akaman: What a way to end the episode!
Episode 1000 celebrating all the Strawhats and their journey, I love it. Thematically more fitting than Chapter 1000 imo which was a one-man show. Toei pulled an Oda here slowing down progress more than usual over the last 2 months in order to adapt this moment at just the right time, I'm going to say it was worth it considering how few animated shows achieve this milestone. Fluid animation from beginning to end, excellent OST choices, tasteful direction and storyboard. A nice but uneventful chapter got elevated to the importance I feel it deserved. Jack, Inu and Neko getting that sweet sakuga, Franky Docking with Usopp and Chopper's funny character moments deserve praise too. The Strawhats showing off one by one with a little flashback was excellent to highlight all their entrances. I really liked the animated collages of all their previous faces lined up next to their Wano outfit to show how they've all grown. Bringing back We Are with gorgeous smeary animation for this one episode truly shows how much of labor of love this was.

As if things couldn't get better, One Piece Film Red gets its first trailer. 9 months from now the manga could be entering the highly speculated Elbaf arc with Luffy on the verge of meeting Shanks. I'm not sure how much Oda wants to straddle the line between canon here. Luffy is not meeting Shanks in a movie, nor does this look like a solo Shanks film, so we're looking at a supporting cast and antagonists connected to him that help tell part of Shank's story. Oda is a Producer and not a mere Supervisor like in Stampede so that's promising. Writer Tsutomu Kuroiwa from Film Gold is one Toei's better choices, director Goro Taniguchi of Code Geass is a wild pick that sells the ticket by itself. Cannot wait to find out more.

Last edited:
Two episodes ago, Anti-Sanji Faction: "OMG, King stopped RS Sanji's strongest kick and sent him flying, LOL what an L."

Reality: King can't even damage Sanji and his kicks got blocked by Sanji.

Now, King's beak didn't scratch RS Sanji and his beak actually got bend LMMMAAAOOOOO!!!!!!!

I thought my Sanji bend King's beak thread was just a meme.:kobeha:

Now the Anti-Sanji fandom getting backfired.:rolaugh:

But hey, Sanji fandom always eating good recently with the manga chapters and the anime episode am I right?:myman:

The episode though, it was alright, the opening was nostalgic, really like the Yamato and Hancock shot.:sweat:

Note the order.

Usopp < Nami < Brook < Chopper < Robin < Franky < Jimbei < Sanji < Zoro < Luffy

We know Usopp and Nami are the weakest. Usopp was confirmed the weakest. Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji are the top three in that order. Jimbei's the fourth strongest.
That was random order. Tell me how Nami, Usopp or Brook could be weaker than Chopper? Don't be a clown.

Btw from opening it seems that Yamato is not going to join the crew