General & Others If you could retcon one thing about your favorite character what would it be?

Luffy:

- he should be more mature, tactical, but merciless in crucial strategic moments of war.

- he should not get FS, he should get powers related to mechanical (potential+kinetic) energy or a gear related to nerves, multiplying his reaction speed and counter-attack abilities, instead to break through the limits of Kata's FS.

- he should have a specific objective in each arc that is related to his long-term dream. For example he already identify that the fire DF is in Dressrosa (Dofla's possession) to give to Sanji (?) so his travel to Dressrosa has that aim among others. In Wano, he can have an aim to extract Kaidou's mythical blood or take away his unique Kanabo to melt it down to make a pair of gauntlets for himself or something.

---

Law:

- his crew should all be killed by Doflamingo, and he should join The Strawhats and become their surgeon, after Wano. :steef:

- he should be more mature, tactical, but merciless in crucial strategic moments of war.
wow so like alot of other characters in other manga and quite few MC character development boils down to ,yeah im fine with crazy,unorthodox,random,goofy luffy.
he should have a specific objective in each arc that is related to his long-term dream. For example he already identify that the fire DF is in Dressrosa (Dofla's possession) to give to Sanji (?) so his travel to Dressrosa has that aim among others. In Wano, he can have an aim to extract Kaidou's mythical blood or take away his unique Kanabo to melt it down to make a pair of gauntlets for himself or something.
how would this make luffy or the plot better, luffy wanted get the fruit some random pirate gets it, he most likely wouldve giving someone he cares for he even asked franky if he wanted to eat it so hows your suggestion goner make luffy or story good/change anything,luffy defeating kaido is a step closer becoming the pirate king aka his long term dream.
Post automatically merged:

No bad sense of direction for the bewildering Grandmaster
god no, why do people want to take away the funny/goofyness of one piece.

wow so like alot of other characters in other manga and quite few MC character development boils down to ,yeah im fine with crazy,unorthodox,random,goofy luffy.

how would this make luffy or the plot better, luffy wanted get the fruit some random pirate gets it, he most likely wouldve giving someone he cares for he even asked franky if he wanted to eat it so hows your suggestion goner make luffy or story good/change anything,luffy defeating kaido is a step closer becoming the pirate king aka his long term dream.
Post automatically merged:

god no, why do people want to take away the funny/goofyness of one piece.
By more mature, i dont mean become all serious and cool all the time like Aizen or Mihawk or Sung Jin Woo in Solo Leveling. On the contrary, I think by post-TS Luffy can and should be goofy only when he's not feel significantly threatened. Even if he's threatened, if it's like against the caliber of Doflamingo, i prefer Luffy being cocky and even taunting like when against Arlong or Enel. In the manga Luffy was all serious against Dofla, i'm actually against it.

But, if the threat level is like Katakuri or BM or Kaidou, then Luffy can becomes the entirely tactical and merciless version of himself, and release the burden later. So no i dont mean to get rid of Goofy side of Luffy, but only to act like a warrior when the situation direly needs it. Aside from those, Luffy can always goof and being playful all around.

---

And i know Luffy is closer to his dream if by beating Kaidou, but what i mean is that Luffy didnt aim for Kaidou from the start. He just strayed along with Law and face Kaidou since he is the big bad that threatened Wano etc, its generiand feels coincidental. If only Luffy aim for Kaidou since the start of post-TS for a particular/specific reason (whether its for getting an artifact for himself, a sword for Zoro, a poneglyph, or simply proofing his worth, as long as it's his own plan since beginning) imo it'll fit his long-term dream more since it will show that entering Wano and beating Kaidou is his own decision and plan.

Last edited:
Sanji is top 10, so I'll use him. He'd have tried to learn tekkai and rankyaku. He should have tried to masted tekkai to fight with it active all the time and increase his defense even more with a strong COA. Since he doesn't use a weapon or wear armor, he needs to stack defensive skills.