Zoro vs King CoC Clash?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
King is literally the "Robin" from a race used to be called God's who lived on top of the Red Line where the CD now reside.

I'm pretty sure that's gotta have to do something with why his bounty is so high. If he turns out to be affiliated with the WG it gets even clearer.
King's race mustve been erased centuries ago if they were displaced from the red line.

He wears a mask for a reason and not everyone knows that he's a Lunarian.

King's race mustve been erased centuries ago if they were displaced from the red line.

He wears a mask for a reason and not everyone knows that he's a Lunarian.
If he has history with Impel down or the WG in general they're surely aware. Wasn't it somewhere stated that the Lunarians were wiped out like 50 years ago?

Even if they don't know. I'm pretty sure King was a lot more violent than Marco over the years

@Den_Den_Mushi @ShishioIsBack bruh King is hardcore trash, no wonder Who’s Who knew that he could defeat King lol, Kamazou finished Zolo in one blow but King has landed dozens of hits on Zolo at this point and Zolo still has that dumb generic Shonen mascot smile on his face lol.

Even Big Job and Crydo only needed like 2 attacks to finish Zolo but King can’t finish this bitch after landing 50+ attacks smh
Major my friend. I know I have had my criticisms about King’s character (or lack thereof) in the past, but his combat showings this chapter are undeniable. Blocked Tatsumaki which cut Kaido himself, blasting off parts of Onigashima and walking off Death Lion Song have solidified him as being far above Katakuri, who was our introduction to the YC1 class, but obviously the weakest of them.

Of all the things to criticise a character for, not being able to put down Zoro is not a valid one. Zoro is the tankiest character in the entire series, and it’s not even close. Man dealt with a debilitating injury from Mihawk all of pre timeskip, yet still posed enough threat to terrify Arlong, take all of Luffy’s pain including his own and went on to fight a Pacifista and an admiral afterwards. If we ever saw the protagonists again in an extended fight, I guarantee he would make Luffy’s 11 hour record look cute. Speaking of 11 hours, Kata wasn’t even able to put down a wounded Luffy in that timespan, despite literally having the ability to stick him to the floor and go ham. Luffy had no answer to his awakening. None. And he couldn’t do the job given nearly half a freaking day.

It’s time to give King the credit he’s due as a fighter. He has the highest current bounty among the YC1s and he’s earned it. They are not the same.

he didnt deal damage to katakuri for 11 hrs ....
he didnt deal damage to cracker for 11 hrs either ...
once you pick out the context in these two you begin to see once he could actually damage them
they werent long exhausting fights

"
Luffy went into the Katakuri fight relatively weaker than him, and needed to improve over the course of 11 hours in order to beat him.

Same situation here with Zoro and Sanji. Going into fights against Yonko Commanders, when they are much weaker than them.

So if Luffy vs Katakuri is the standard for a weaker character to overcome a Yonko Commander, then shouldn't the time frame be about 11 hours?"

No how they get their pu's is also dictated by plot
just because luffy goes through x time and x opponents to achieve a certain level doesnt mean other characters have to and will.
you made the same assumption with kidd and law and they seemed to have jumped beating yonko commanders all together.

"Or Zoro and Sanji's powerups are going to be just so astronomically high that they jump from being weaker to way stronger, and are able to defeat these guys with much more ease?"
they got their pu's a lot faster than luffy got his vs kat and largely because they were set up before the fights even started
zoro releasing his haki with enma weeks prior to this battle and showing hint of coc against kaido before the battle with king
and sanji's body possibly undergoing changes since he put on the rs culminating in the battle against queen.
You're ignoring Katakuri using FS non stop for 11 hours, which clearly factored into how exhausted he had become towards the end of the fight. He didn't need to accumulate a ton of damage, when exhaustion can play a similar role into his inevitable defeat.

Same thing with Cracker and him making his biscuit soldiers non stop for 11 hours. Damage accumulated was irrelevant, as exhaustion was the main key in his downfall.

If Zoro becomes capable of damaging King, he will still need to overcome all of King's other stats. It's not just going to be "Oh, I can damage King now" and then proceed to defeat him.

King and Queen together couldn't put Marco down after an hour. It took Marco exhausting himself against two other Yonko Commanders and constantly healing a boatload of allies to finally be taken out of the fight.

This is the portrayal of Yonko Commanders. They are not easily overcome. It's not as simple as "I figured out the trick to beat them, so now the easy part has arrived."

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
If he has history with Impel down or the WG in general they're surely aware. Wasn't it somewhere stated that the Lunarians were wiped out like 50 years ago?

Even if they don't know. I'm pretty sure King was a lot more violent than Marco over the years
I mean the Impel Down ties are purely conjecture atp. And I have no idea where the 50 year thing came from, it was always stated that they were at the Red Line long, long ago.

King may/may not be more violent than Marco but he sure as shit didn't go to war against the Marines and another Yonko crew within a span of two years.

I mean the Impel Down ties are purely conjecture atp. And I have no idea where the 50 year thing came from, it was always stated that they were at the Red Line long, long ago.

King may/may not be more violent than Marco but he sure as shit didn't go to war against the Marines and another Yonko crew within a span of two years.
Damn, where the fuck did I get the 50 years from?
:sus:

Well, he may have not participated in great wars but considering what Jack has done to the Minks and King being a torture lover who likes to crush a human skull with his bare hands I feel like he's probably more ruthless overall.
Anyway I don't wanna damage control these few berrys lol

Major my friend. I know I have had my criticisms about King’s character (or lack thereof) in the past, but his combat showings this chapter are undeniable. Blocked Tatsumaki which cut Kaido himself, blasting off parts of Onigashima and walking off Death Lion Song have solidified him as being far above Katakuri, who was our introduction to the YC1 class, but obviously the weakest of them.

Of all the things to criticise a character for, not being able to put down Zoro is not a valid one. Zoro is the tankiest character in the entire series, and it’s not even close. Man dealt with a debilitating injury from Mihawk all of pre timeskip, yet still posed enough threat to terrify Arlong, take all of Luffy’s pain including his own and went on to fight a Pacifista and an admiral afterwards. If we ever saw the protagonists again in an extended fight, I guarantee he would make Luffy’s 11 hour record look cute. Speaking of 11 hours, Kata wasn’t even able to put down a wounded Luffy in that timespan, despite literally having the ability to stick him to the floor and go ham. Luffy had no answer to his awakening. None. And he couldn’t do the job given nearly half a freaking day.

It’s time to give King the credit he’s due as a fighter. He has the highest current bounty among the YC1s and he’s earned it. They are not the same.
Zoro is endurance guy not tank guy. Big difference of word. Zoro skin bleed from Hawkin.

Sanji neck broke queen sword which it is durability feat. But his neck don’t bleed.

Zoro is meant to be biggest endurance guy wise in luffy pirate crew mate. He take the hits and move to hit you. He is like whitebeard endurance feat

You're ignoring Katakuri using FS non stop for 11 hours, which clearly factored into how exhausted he had become towards the end of the fight. He didn't need to accumulate a ton of damage, when exhaustion can play a similar role into his inevitable defeat.

Same thing with Cracker and him making his biscuit soldiers non stop for 11 hours. Damage accumulated was irrelevant, as exhaustion was the main key in his downfall.

If Zoro becomes capable of damaging King, he will still need to overcome all of King's other stats. It's not just going to be "Oh, I can damage King now" and then proceed to defeat him.

King and Queen together couldn't put Marco down after an hour. It took Marco exhausting himself against two other Yonko Commanders and constantly healing a boatload of allies to finally be taken out of the fight.

This is the portrayal of Yonko Commanders. They are not easily overcome. It's not as simple as "I figured out the trick to beat them, so now the easy part has arrived."
People are still stuck in Pre-TS it seems.
Post automatically merged:

It's like the timing was too perfect.

"There's something about her."

My initial feeling is that the novel won't be told from her perspective. If so, I wonder who will narrate?
Smoker :myman:

Status
Not open for further replies.