General & Others OP Manga Sales Declining

That´s an issue nothing to do with sales, and for me that´s a no, and you won´t convince me.
And that specific "twist" did nothing for increasing new volume sales, which is the entire point.

It does, since you tried to refute my argument, not anybody else´s.
My statement, OP fell back to pre-Marineford sales, i count everything not MF as pre-MF, pretty easy concept.
And that statement remains true regardless of what you want to call it.

It´s not the same plotline, as shown by the sales.

KnY crushed it in sales per volume, JJK is in the midst of it, no matter how incredible OP´s success has been and still is, denying these facts does not change it.
Yes...it literally did.... Volume 52 is when Zoro disappears that is literally the volume where things go to shit for the crew. How can you say that had no effect on sales lmao?

2009 sales, which were post sabaody and pre-marineford (which SETUP Marineford), are nearly double 2008's.

I can throw the same argument back at you. Do you think 2011 was the result of Marineford or the timeskip only? It had higher sales than Marineford did itself.

It's also expectations. People thought they'd get more of Amazon Lily/Impel Down/Marineford, not Pre-TS type arcs, which is exactly what we've gotten since post-TS.
Lol peolle would hate how cp9 got defeated if manga arc weekly today. Or marine buster ship can’t shoot merry ship which it is broken ship.
Or Pell survive nuke thing.
‘Not to mention luffy survive 3 times due fighting crocodile. Or zoro take all damage and then all the sudden in flaskback and then one shot mr.1. People would hate this fight today.

Lol peolle would hate how cp9 got defeated if manga arc weekly today. Or marine buster ship can’t shoot merry ship which it is broken ship.
Or Pell survive nuke thing.
‘Not to mention luffy survive 3 times due fighting crocodile. Or zoro take all damage and then all the sudden in flaskback and then one shot mr.1. People would hate this fight today.
Don't forget the CP9 playing a key game for no reason

And why the fuck did they use their real fucking names for their water 7 mission?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
OP is currently facing issue with innovate new ideas . Oda cant do much i do think he still makes good plot setup he adds way too many characters you dont bother with and makes it to complex.
He does still do all the things he does well, I just know that I’m not the only fan who thinks his more frustrating tendencies seem to be coming through more often than before and now it’s showing in the sales. There’s still plenty of time and story left for him to close it out gracefully, and even with this drop in the standings, OP is still one of the most profitable franchises in the world, but as with parts of the canon itself, the missed opportunities and confusing narrative beats are really piling up.

B

Ballel

One Piece sales has been declining since Fishman Island.

It's seen as an outdated "Dad" Manga in Japan as I heard. It's basically to 10s Manga what U2 was to 00s Music. Uncool and mainly liked by dads trying to relive their childhood
either 12 years olds or 30 years old dads
So what?
You got a problem with 12 and 30 year olds? You are saying ”the series is bad because it's being read by xyz groups of people.“
That attitude sounds like peer pressure

JJK in the top spot sold almost five times more volumes than OP, I think it has less to do with the pandemic than a visible decline in quality…everyone had to stay inside for a year and a half and do nothing but consume the media of their choice, and with all that personal freedom, the majority of buyers decided this series wasn’t worth their while.
yep, sad story because One Piece could offer enough material for great arcs this world has potential but the author and his team need to step up. I like goofiness but the more older I become the less enthusiasm I have in reading goofy thing especially if there is a fight between high tier pirate. I hope Oda will drop that thing in the future (for shanks,Imu,Black Beard or marine)

People are fed up with the SHs having adventures with many freeloaders... And that they release a lot of supplementary materials now like OP Magazine, VC Dictionary, OP Novel, etc...

It should go back to "normal" once pandemic severely weakens its impact and after undercard chapters... Kaido battle is the only battle that matters at this point...

Sales declining year after year.

Fanboys "Next year will be better".
We're not even just talking about total volume sales here, lol. The newest volumes are each selling less than the one before. And that's in spite of the extensive promotion, anime revamp, movies, ch + ep 1000, Wano "War" buzz, etc.

OP's length is stopping it from gaining many new fans, whilst its existing fans are getting older and/or moving on to better things. The declining story quality is just the speeding up the process. I was surprised to see that a lot of the issues brought up over here, are recognised in Japan too. Like too many characters, dragging plots and the sorts.

So what?
You got a problem with 12 and 30 year olds? You are saying ”the series is bad because it's being read by xyz groups of people.“
That attitude sounds like peer pressure
He say it group of age people like one piece.

Some young people like ultra violence video games like god of wars games, call of duty. blood spill every second on movies, horror movies. Older men want to watch happy movies.

Women who are in middle age like drama show. Younger women choose different show/media than older women.

Skylanders is kids games target to kids (toy to video games). Most generation z kids like this games but older spyro fans hate this skylanders games.
Personally as causal Spyro fan, I enjoy the legend of Spyro games. But I don’t own any skylanders games because I am getting much too old for toy stuff and beside you need the toy to play the game.
Some adult play skylanders. But general audience is young kids from age 10.

Hope it help you to see his point.

We're not even just talking about total volume sales here, lol. The newest volumes are each selling less than the one before. And that's in spite of the extensive promotion, anime revamp, movies, ch + ep 1000, Wano "War" buzz, etc.

OP's length is stopping it from gaining many new fans, whilst its existing fans are getting older and/or moving on to better things. The declining story quality is just the speeding up the process. I was surprised to see that a lot of the issues brought up over here, are recognised in Japan too. Like too many characters, dragging plots and the sorts.
I would say even those marketing things like anime, movies are a shitty lately.

I don't watch anime since pandemic started. Animation is at worse because of the stupid lightning effects and changing manga things like Roger getting BM's Red Poneglyph by force and Zoro using CoC like he did at chapter 1033 way before.

Stampede was so bad. I found it nice until Luffy got knocked out(even at movies he is King of Knockout now). After that was just a piece of shit.

Seems like OP dont attract the young generation anymore, they are much more likely to read tbe new wave of "horror shonens", that have been growing as a trend since Shingeki and Tokyo Ghoul.

I understand them, even if i love OP, i get that for them the themes of the manga dont have that much appeal like more edgy like things Kimetsu, Jujutsu and Shingeki have.

The seasonal animes with amazing animation, also help to boost popularity, different from one with 900ep from before a big part of the public were even born, that have a very slow pacing and a bad animation.

And of course the autor, that even if he is still a genious, is lost in those ideas of trying to make everything bigger, while a SH vs RHP Arc would have infinite more hype than Dressrosa/WCI/Wano full of shit side characters, he keep with adding more useless plots and characters to a manga that already have some amazing ones. As we can see that the SH fights, Oden FB and the inter-act chapters were the real good chapters of the Arc, but Oda keep focusing ob shit parts.

Another thing i would like to know is if It is just the fisical volumes, because a lot of people buy digital ones, expecially if u are going to need to buy 100 volumes. I myself stopped to buy because of the economic crises of the pandemic, and as Viz is doing a Brazillian version, i dont intend to start buying again.

Someone have the numbers for worldwide Sales?