Rules Kingdom General Discussion

Man’U evolved past the concept of weight entirely. This is why I think “Weight” and the “Great General” factor stuff is overrated, because Man’U straight up treated Moubu like a scrub in spite of Moubu’s weight.

Sure Moubu wasn’t exactly amped against Man’U, but Man’U was empty af and still throttled Moubu with only one arm and then fought him equally while toying around. Juukou’Ou even said that Man’U would’ve rolled over Moubu if he didn’t experience that sudden change, and these guys know that Moubu slayed Kanmei and how strong Kanmei was.

The “Weight” and “Burden” stuff is poorly written by Hara right now and needs more explanation and exploration tbh.
Yeah Hara needs to do a better job at explaining it, these concepts for now sound like excuses for Shin beating Houken or Man'U matching Moubu after he defeat Kanmei

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Moubu himself proved that pure might could bust superior weight.

See I always thought we were meant to see Moubu as having greater Weight than Kanmei, even though Kanmei had a full-GG career (99 victories for Chu) while Moubu had yet to even attain the rank lol. This is why Hara needs to explain this weight shit better, because if this interpretation is correct then Weight is truly something that either does or does not matter in fights that much.

Yeah Hara needs to do a better job at explaining it, these concepts for now sound like excuses for Shin beating Houken or Man'U maching Moubu after he defeat Kanmei
I respect what Hara is attempting with Weight but would lose a lot of respect for Kingdom fights if Weight was an auto-win card as people like @RayanOO argue that it is lol. But thankfully Weight seems to not be something that guarantees a win in a fight.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
See I always thought we were meant to see Moubu as having greater Weight than Kanmei, even though Kanmei had a full-GG career (99 victories for Chu) while Moubu had yet to even attain the rank lol. This is why Hara needs to explain this weight shit better, because if this interpretation is correct then Weight is truly something that either does or does not matter in fights that much.

I respect what Hara is attempting with Weight but would lose a lot of respect for Kingdom fights if Weight was an auto-win card as people like @RayanOO argue that it is lol. But thankfully Weight seems to not be something that guarantees a win in a fight.
Haha not my fault weight is used every time in the manga and every powerful blow is said to have weight behind them

and the concept was explained in a chapter called : Source of strength

https://ww2.readkingdom.com/chapter/kingdom-chapter-165/

Yeah Hara needs to do a better job at explaining it, these concepts for now sound like excuses for Shin beating Houken or Man'U matching Moubu after he defeat Kanmei
I am not sure if "weight" should actually be explained in detail as being a concrete in-universe mechanic.

Ambiguity can be as much of a story telling tool as explanation/exposition. As far as I can see, "weight" is a deliberately vague concept that is perceived differently by numerous characters throughout the series.

Some like Mougou and Shouheikan perceive it as the accumulation of decades of experience.

Some like Ouki perceive as a physical manifestation of the responsibility that lies in being a General in all that it entails.

Some like Ei Sei, Chougaryuu, Kyoukai and Shin perceive it as inherited will.

Are any of these right? Are all of them right? Is there even meant to be an answer?

"Weight" seems more like a concept that is more fun as a question than an answer. An explanation might just kill the whole thing.

It is clearly not an automatic win card as some folk perceive it to be though. Lel.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Haha not my fault weight is used every time in the manga and every powerful blow is said to have weight behind them

and the concept was explained in a chapter called : Source of strength

https://ww2.readkingdom.com/chapter/kingdom-chapter-165/
Not every powerful blow, just the blows of your favorite characters lol. The point is that Weight is not an auto-win card.

I am not sure if "weight" should actually be explained in detail as being a concrete in-universe mechanic.

Ambiguity can be as much of a story telling tool as explanation/exposition. As far as I can see, "weight" is a deliberately vague concept that is perceived differently by numerous characters throughout the series.

Some like Mougou and Shouheikan perceive it as the accumulation of decades of experience.

Some like Ouki perceive as a physical manifestation of the responsibility that lies in being a General in all that it entails.

Some like Ei Sei, Chougaryuu, Kyoukai and Shin perceive it as inherited will.

Are any of these right? Are all of them right? Is there even meant to be an answer?

"Weight" seems more like a concept that is more fun as a question than an answer. An explanation might just kill the whole thing.

It is clearly not an automatic win card as some folk perceive it to be though. Lel.
Ambiguity is great in certain places, for example I think the ambiguity around the spiritual side of Kingdom is a good thing even though I myself am not spiritual, but I think the inconsistency surrounding Weight and when it is or isn’t useful could use some fleshing out.

Like against Houken, the whole point of the fight was that Ouki’s Weight allowed him to make up for lacking in every other aspect as a warrior, but against Kanmei, Moubu smashed Kanmei’s weight to pieces in spite of Kanmei also being superior to Moubu as a warrior? I’m just not sure what the messaging there is lol.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
against Kanmei, Moubu smashed Kanmei’s weight to pieces in spite of Kanmei also being superior to Moubu as a warrior? I’m just not sure what the messaging there is lol.
Why did Moubu win against Kanmei ?

This has nothing to do with SHK ? With seeing his child being slashed in front of him ?

At first Moubu was destroyed by Kanmei then Moubu had a SHK flashback he then went berserk level 1 and then Mouten was slashed and he went berserk level 2

Ambiguity is great in certain places, for example I think the ambiguity around the spiritual side of Kingdom is a good thing even though I myself am not spiritual, but I think the inconsistency surrounding Weight and when it is or isn’t useful could use some fleshing out.

Like against Houken, the whole point of the fight was that Ouki’s Weight allowed him to make up for lacking in every other aspect as a warrior, but against Kanmei, Moubu smashed Kanmei’s weight to pieces in spite of Kanmei also being superior to Moubu as a warrior? I’m just not sure what the messaging there is lol.
A bit unrelated to weight but one thing that both Kanmei and Houken have in common is a sense of detachment towards others.
The way I see it is because Houken has no actual attachment towards those who he believes it his duty to assist (i.e. humanity).

To Houken, his belief in his cause is one of duty towards that which he holds no personal attachment to. He strives to become an example of the pinnacle that humanity can achieve and overcome but in doing so believes all those he comes across are naturally inferior to him. To put it simply, Houken is committed to humanity but is apathetic towards actual people. His drive and source of power comes solely from himself. He does not believe in the concept of inheritance of wills which is a big theme within Kingdom.

To Ouki, his belief in his cause is one of dreams and desire. Ouki strived to achieve that which as far as history was concerned at the time, was unachievable. In seeking out to achieve the impossible he came across like minded individuals who he formed personal attachments with (e.g. King Sho and the Qin Six), lead those who came to follow his beliefs (e.g. Tou and the Ouki Army Commanders) and inspire the next generation (e.g. Shin). Ouki cares for the people that he knows, whether they be individuals or the citizens of the nation he serves, rather than the broad concept of humanity in general. His drive and source of power comes from both his own desire to achieve the goal of uniting China as well as the accumulation of all those he personally knew who have fallen while contributing to that goal.

Much like Houken, Kanmei is detached from others and while he does not deliberately seek to suppress his emotions like Houken does, he is still rather apathetic and found little joy on the battlefield. He somehow still managed to accumulate weight regardless despite detachment being conflicting with the whole attachment/inherited will deal that goes with Shin's/Ouki's perception of weight.

I think we are going to find in the future that there is not any particular right way to achieve weight since the whole concept is perceived differently by numerous characters and some characters seemingly peddle a different concept to weight.

Characters like Gaimou have weight despite not believing in anything that Shin/Ouki/Renpa champion while other characters like Kanki and Man'U seem to have their own deal going on with Rejection and Nothingness respectively.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
End of series who do y’all think from our current cast (not deceased) will have reached 100 battles?

@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @TheKnightOfTheSea @Jailer
Yotanwa - She's been fighting wars against the mountain tribes since she was a child, she even kicked Baijo's ass as a kid.

Tou - Been fighting since the 6GGs era.

Shin - Been in so many wars and conflicts both onpanel and offpanel, no way the number won't reach a 100.

Ouhon and Kyoukai - Same as Shin basically.

100 battles really isn't that big of a milestone, a 100 captured castles/slain generals is tho.

It would be hype if Kanmei was put in the position to face Oukotsu (and subsquently make the Qin turn their asses and go away) by a plan of Kou En.

We know that Kanmei was specially appointed deputy to him to go out and receive Oukotsu.

And then Qin of the mighty six Generals hushed up the rumor of a defeat to the Chu, as we know.
:steef:

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Do y'all think Ryofui will play any sort of major role in the future, or do you think his role in the story is completely done?
Post automatically merged:

It would be hype if Kanmei was put in the position to face Oukotsu (and subsquently make the Qin turn their asses and go away) by a plan of Kou En.

We know that Kanmei was specially appointed deputy to him to go out and receive Oukotsu.

And then Qin of the mighty six Generals hushed up the rumor of a defeat to the Chu, as we know.
:steef:
Karin seems to be familiar with Kouen, and Karin was also mentioned to be relatively new. I think it's possible that Kouen(like Mougou) has an eye for potential and talent.

Considering how Kouen makes Shouheikun the King of Chu, he has a very good eye for talent lol
Post automatically merged:

I think Kouen and Shouheikun will be like Shibashou and Riboku.

The two strongest generals on the enemy side,I can't wait to see how Hara's going to handle their interaction

Last edited:
This was plot Armour in my eyes
Mouten interfered rage power up otherwise Kanmei would got this
Nah, Mouten's presence was inconsequential in terms of helping Moubu against Kanmei.

Kanmei lost the moment his mace shattered and that happened just before Mouten and Ka En interfered. If anything, their interference bought Kanmei a few more seconds of life since he was one downward swing of a mace away from death without a drawn weapon to even attempt to protect himself with.
Not that the sword would have done him any good against Moubu's mace.
He imagined correctly.