Speculations Usopp should have defeated Page One

Okay, usopp is a sniper. Part of his skills include not just sniping but also crafting the weapons he uses in battle. Wano has advanced methods of sea stone craftsmanship.

Why on earth couldn't Oda have had Usopp defeat Page One with sea stone? It was the obvious route to take usopp's character and it would have been so much more satisfying than having big mom come in and do the job for him.
Now wano is wrapping up and usopp seemingly has no real purpose this arc. Sure he could take out Inbi and Zanki, but at this point its just too late in the arc for even that to be relevant.

I just don't see why Oda needed big mom to steal Usopp's fight.
Post automatically merged:

Ways usopp could have done it:
  • awaken CoA
  • using that sleeping gas and possibly poisonous plants
  • using a fucking gun
  • using sea stone
  • blasting him off onigashima
like come on Oda

I agree. Especially since Wano is said to be the home of seastone so there was totally a way to make the win believable by having Usopp build/find some seastone bullets or tools to weaken P1.
Overall Usopp and Nami vs P1 and Ulti feel like a wasted opportunity to me.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
100% agreed. Usopp should've taken out a weakened Page1 like Nami did to Ulti. This would've been good grounds for Usopp to get some stronger weaponry too, he could easily include seastone projectiles into his arsenal and nail Page1 with these.
I love the imagery of this. Usopp just has enough with these dinos and starts blasting.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
It's a pity Oda didn't develop him but maybe this is an hint to tell us that Elbaf will prove a robust arc and so this is where Usopp will develop. Let's not forget he will most likely face off the impervious Van Augur one day.

No, just fucking no. Wrote about this way before the battle even happened. He doesn't have the AP. Basic CoA is not going to do it.
It would have been funny if Usopp subconsciously imbued Adv CoC into his last resort attack to beat P1
No, I said if Franky was going to beat Page 1, he was going to need a new weapon. Which I still believe.

Oda just went with "Sasaki's underbelly is soft" plotline.
:seriously:
P1 is obviously the weakest F5. If Franky and Robin can beat Sasaki and Maria, they can beat P1

P1 got defeated by the strongest attack so far, even out of Calamities.
An attack that was overkill. That attack could have been only 50% as strong at it was, and P1 would still be done for. Also, the other Flyers accumulated damage over their battles, so comparing the finishing moves isn’t a fair comparison

One of Oda's mistake was giving Usopp no major PUs or CoA after Dressrosa that it probably gave some difficulties on how to make Usopp win convincingly without too much BS...

No, just fucking no. Wrote about this way before the battle even happened. He doesn't have the AP. Basic CoA is not going to do it.
Imagine if Usopp stole a beast pirate rifle and then crafted a sea stone bullet(possibly by smelting sea stone cuffs or something)

I don't know why Oda couldn't come up with a scenario like this^ to make usopp relevant in this arc. At the moment, the man has done about as much as bepo.

Imagine if Usopp stole a beast pirate rifle and then crafted a sea stone bullet(possibly by smelting sea stone cuffs or something)

I don't know why Oda couldn't come up with a scenario like this^ to make usopp relevant in this arc. At the moment, the man has done about as much as bepo.
He can come up with scenarios where they kill Kaido in his sleep or poison him or drown him in the ocean. Those are cheap "wins" worth little to the individuals.