What is King’s real name?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I dont understand how so many people goad over him

He has an uninteresting personality, gets written uninteresting subplots, and yet all Oda needs to do is have him perform some crazy feat and zoro fans will cum their pants.
And I mean I'm not saying other one piece characters are so much better, but I honestly can't think of a single thing interesting about zoro. He's like a worst version of Guts.
Preskip Zoro? He's great. His interaction with Kuina, resolve to fight Mihawk shouldering Kuina's dream etc is top notch. His interaction with Arlong, Wiper, Kaku is also good. In Skypiea, Wiper is a better version of Zoro tho imo, but Water 7 redeemed that. How about Zoro straightening Luffy up as a captain who he believed in the most? How about Zoro shouldering Luffy's pain since he's the main man who paved the way for Luffy? He's great.

And then post-TS happened and all Strawhat crews were reduced to shenanigans and powerscaling. I'm just gloomy at this point since all they do is gags and powerscaling. No adventure, no exploration, no char development etc

Preskip Zoro? He's great. His interaction with Kuina, resolve to fight Mihawk shouldering Kuina's dream etc is top notch. His interaction with Arlong, Wiper, Kaku is also good. In Skypiea, Wiper is a better version of Zoro tho imo, but Water 7 redeemed that. How about Zoro straightening Luffy up as a captain who he believed in the most? How about Zoro shouldering Luffy's pain since he's the main man who paved the way for Luffy? He's great.

And then post-TS happened and all Strawhat crews were reduced to shenanigans and powerscaling. I'm just gloomy at this point since all they do is gags and powerscaling. No adventure, no exploration, no char development etc
Wow I did'nt know you think that highly of Zoro :feelscryingman: Almost feels bad for shit talking you on that AdvCOC thread :pepehands:

And yet other fanbases want to claim Zoro's feats and abilities for their fav.
I can't speak for others, but at least for me, part of the reason I like Kid is because he is the perpetual underdog. Unlike Luffy and Zoro, Kid isn't chosen by god. He fails all the time and ultimately, won't achieve his main goal of becoming pirate king.

I just find that so much more real than Zoro, where the entire point of his character is just to do big feats. That's it, more or less.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince

He has an uninteresting personality, gets written uninteresting subplots, and yet all Oda needs to do is have him perform some crazy feat and zoro fans will cum their pants.
And I mean I'm not saying other one piece characters are so much better, but I honestly can't think of a single thing interesting about zoro. He's like a worst version of Guts.
You just won't get it.

He ain't the best but he's better than the lot. For me, Zoro simply represents two ideals that I value and admire - relentless ambition and undying loyalty. Most of us who became Zoro fans, were Zoro fans since the preTS - where his character work was excellent. We're mostly following this manga now to see through the end. Among them, the most that interests me is Zoro.

Last edited:

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
I just find that so much more real than Zoro, where the entire point of his character is just to do big feats. That's it, more or less.
LOL
Post automatically merged:

Zoro attacks with name attack.
Then spoilers end with Zoro attacking King.
Zoro used many attacks against King before.
How is this one shot?
So, we count only end attack?
So KKG one shot Doflamingo, Sanji attack one shot Queen, right?
Weren't y'all rambling about Sanji mid-diffing Queen?

If post PU Sanji mid-diff'd Queen then by the same logic, post-PU Zoro one-shot King apparently.

Yeah, pre-skip zoro had a lot of potential. But Oda never really delved deep into any of these characters. Post skip zoro is basically nothing without powerscaling. Literally every single one of his big moments post skip have just been him doing some badass feat. Which yeah, its cool, but personally has never given me much of a reason to care when zoro does anything.

I can't speak for others, but at least for me, part of the reason I like Kid is because he is the perpetual underdog. Unlike Luffy and Zoro, Kid isn't chosen by god. He fails all the time and ultimately, won't achieve his main goal of becoming pirate king.

Then why is it our fault that we like Zoro? Do people condemn Ichigo, Naruto, Sasuke's fans for their character being the chosen ones? it's a manga for 12 years old, don't overcomplicate it.

You just won't get it.

He ain't the best but he's better than the lot. For me, Zoro is simply represents two ideals that I value and admire - relentless ambition and undying loyalty. Most of us who became Zoro fans, were Zoro fans since the preTS - where his character work was excellent. We're mostly following this manga now to see through the end. Among them, the most that interests me is Zoro.
You just won't get it. You can't understand the complexity of zoros character but I'll attempt to explain. He has two core chsracteristics... you sound pretentious

A worst version of Guts is still better than any other character in One Piece:myman:

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Then why is it our fault that we like Zoro? Do people condemn Ichigo, Naruto, Sasuke's fans for their character being the chosen ones? it's a manga for 12 years old, don't overcomplicate it.
Zoro so much better when compared to Pirate Jesus but yet they won't go that direction.

Let's not even talk about the character ruining characterisation that WCI was lmfao

Status
Not open for further replies.