What is King’s real name?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
I mean I'm even more critical about Luffy than I am zoro. I just talk about zoro more here because zoro fans are the majority. There aren't many diehard Luffy fans here.
Fair enough.

stop being so thin skinned

its a zoro chapter and I was just stating my opinion of zoro. For what its worth, I hate the route Oda has decided to take with Luffy and the supernova.
Well, firstly your description of his character, atleast when you look at the whole series and not just post TS, is objectively wrong.

Secondly, I'm not the one who was acting like every other fanbase are connoisseurs of literary greatness while Zoro fans are power obsessed meatheads. He has more to him other than that - ofcourse strength plays a role in Zoro's character, his ambition directly involves his strength - he aims to be the World's Strongest Swordsman.

I hate what Oda did with this manga too and as I said earlier we're mostly just looking to see this through till the end thanks to nostalgia and memories hoping that binge re reads make these shit arcs better.

Queen isn't done, and neither is King. None of this feels complete. Like how is Oda going to squeeze in a tiny flashback of King meeting Kaido, reveal King's face, reveal his weakness, and have him fall, all in the span of one chapter.

Same shit with Queen. "Here's one tiny aspect from all of Germa's science" and then, done.......

Taking down a Yonko's crew is not this fucking easy..... Especially not after CP-0 hyped up the Calamities by saying even if Kaido and Big Mom were both to fall, the battle is far from over because of the Commanders....

This shit ain't adding up.

Queen isn't done, and neither is King. None of this feels complete. Like how is Oda going to squeeze in a tiny flashback of King meeting Kaido, reveal King's face, reveal his weakness, and have him fall, all in the span of one chapter.

Same shit with Queen. "Here's one tiny aspect from all of Germa's science" and then, done.......

Taking down a Yonko's crew is not this fucking easy..... Especially not after CP-0 hyped up the Calamities by saying even if Kaido and Big Mom were both to fall, the battle is far from over because of the Commanders....

:finally::doffytroll:

yeah but Guts wasn't interesting because he was an overpowered edgy badass. Zoro is like a caricature of guts, just the likeness of that archetype with little substance.

And I will say, he wasn't always like this, but post skip has definitely made him out to be this way.
And that still make him more appealing than the rest of the cast (bar Luffy) for the majority of the community.

-People like to shit on power scalers as if power scalers are a brainless vocal and toxic minority who do not understand that One Piece is about story and adventure
-People like to shit on Zoro because apparently he is just there to be badass

But Zoro is the second most popular character or the manga. Therefore either powerscalers are not a minority or Zoro is not just there to be badass.

Other thing, people like to say that « Zoro is just love by 12 years old kid who love stereotypical basasse character » but this is factually false.

A popularity poll was done in Japan and was done based on age and sex and Zoro end up being the favorite character of the 30 to 39 years old women demographic. The favorite character of the 12 years old is Luffy.

Source : https://thelibraryofohara.com/2020/02/16/international-demographic-poll-results/amp/

So except if you want to argue that women of 30 to 39 are brainless poweerscalers, it seems to me that there is more to Zoro than just being badass.

I genuinely have no idea why people think Zoro is an edgy badass post time skip, literally the only thing different about his portrayal is that he hadn't gotten trashed until his fight with king but otherwise you can see his normal traits in all arcs.
its because the post skip sidelines the straw hats to make room for new characters(ex. the scabbards, rebecca and kyros, ect.) and as a result, the SHs essentially became flanderized

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
I genuinely have no idea why people think Zoro is an edgy badass post time skip, literally the only thing different about his portrayal is that he hadn't gotten trashed until his fight with king but otherwise you can see his normal traits in all arcs.
Lack of spotlight when it comes to character work is so much better than bad character work (*cough* Sanji *cough*).

That does not erase his pre TS character work as well. But here we are!

They didnt take account of Zoro and Sanji's growth . They grew like beast in this arc .

Without Enma Zoro would have died and same with Sanji without his lunarian awakening that played key role .CP0 underestimated both of them because of their low bounties.

I agree King and Queen have not been fleshed out maybe i think there will be bigger flashback oda planned out because it does feel unreal both king and Queen are not using awakening at all.

Oda might be rushing to end this arc. He was planning to end the series in 5 years and he still has so much to cover after Wano. That being said, I agree with you. None of this feels right. The ancient zoans have been a joke so far. There might be a situation when all the ancient zoans come back and it becomes an all out war.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Hey, if you want to believe this is how Oda is going to wrap up a Yonko's crew, then to each his own I guess. :kayneshrug:
The fact that it happened in a chapter is stupid but atleast wait till we get more information XD. All that we're told is that Zoro observers some change in King's defense and about King's flashback. We know nothing about the combat parts of this chapter except for 2 named attacks.

Also TBH, King fight got a solid 4 chapter spread, possibly 5 if you count 1023. Same with Queen. Oda did fumble the bag with Queen's fight and its ending but let's see how the King fight is handled lol, before jumping to conclusions.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Pretty sad really you need to call one of the one three Kidd fans on the forum to back you up.
Is @Pantheos not online lol?
Post automatically merged:

Still whoops Fujitoras ass
nah, the kid Fc are just friends and we share ridiculous funny stuff with each other.

i know these kind of relationship between human must be something new for you, but it exists and it’s great. You should try it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.