What is King’s real name?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first 4 chapters of King (1023, 1027, 1032 and 1033) were electric in terms of choreography.

If the pacing is somewhat okay and the choreography is at the same level, I'm satisfied lol. The anime will fill in the gaps anyway.
Agreed. Honestly I found their fights fine. Wished Queen did more to Sanji but clearly Oda had issues portraying his weirdness as a cyborg and fluidly showing that fight.

Zoro vs King must be easier to imagine choreography in that way, because every chapter relating to it has been awesome imo

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Fair enough. But we were on the verge of greatness with Zoro vs King. We were this close. :pepemy:
Yeah this fight was hella disappointing, just like 100% of modern One Piece lol. Oda living up to his own standards unfortunately.

This fight was basically:

Zoro getting bodied by King

Zoro trying to figure out King’s race by attacking him a bunch, and King’s race having no impact on how Zoro won the fight (which everyone and their mother predicted)

King himself wanking Zoro by commenting on Zoro’s kingly ambition

And Zoro winning the fight via yet another generic sword trash pose, likely while mascot smiling in the end.

And all of this mediocrity was spread out over 10+ chapters as Oda backgrounded most of this fight to focus on other fights, which most of those fights were off-paneled also as Oda flips between scenes like a gnat on cocaine who also suffers from ADHD.

Zoro vs King will surely be praised by Zoro fans who will blindly swallow whatever cum Oda shoots at their faces, but this fight was just as stupid and underwhelming as all of Wano has been.

I'm sure there's way more to Zoro's backstory but yeah
I don't think so

We're 30 chapters away from the end of wano (probably even less) and there's still no big hint regarding zoro's backstory

Zoro isn't related to the shimutsuki clan, oda didn't even bother to keep it a mystery and just revealed it in an sbs

The only possible plot line left is how zoro's parents ended in East Blue

Luffy, arguably one of the most goofy characters in one piece gets to fight the more serious and badass characters

Zoro, arguably the most badass and serious character gets to fight pica and king. Shit was looking good till tempura Udon and face reveal
Tempura udon kinda lame name, and its more lame when see king face.
Really not make sense, how can withcer give some move with food name :milaugh:

Chill the fuck out
Zoro had accidental burst of CoC through Enma in Ashura while he he had 30 broken bones.

King no sold attacks that had Kaido screaming like a bitch and than attacks even stronger.

Now Zoro needs just one clean hit to kill Kaido.

Kaido >>>>> King is as wild as it gets.
Kaido at best mid diffs King although the way they are portrayed in flash back, King being overall more durable and having superior Ap he gives Kaido high diff.

Zoro is stronger than Kaido right now
It don't matter how many bones Zoro had broken at the time. Asura is Zoro's pinnacle of attacks with 9 Swords. Three times more powerful than Santoryu. Regardless if it was a quick one and done burst of AdCoC, he still needed it and Asura to combat Kaido for a few seconds, and Kaido took it and kept it moving.

Here we have King dropping to a Santoryu attack. He's nowhere in the same realm of Kaido when it comes to Endurance, and his durability negation only works when he wants it to, but he needs to drop it if he wants speed.

Kaido beats Jack, Queen and King at the same time, and still low diffs AdCoC Zoro.

I don't think so

We're 30 chapters away from the end of wano (probably even less) and there's still no big hint regarding zoro's backstory

Zoro isn't related to the shimutsuki clan, oda didn't even bother to keep it a mystery and just revealed it in an sbs

The only possible plot line left is how zoro's parents ended in East Blue
I got the vibe from that SBS question that Oda intentionally only specified that Ushimaru wasn't Zoro's *father*, but probably still related in some way based on how he said "Wow, they really look alike don't they?"

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Agreed. Honestly I found their fights fine. Wished Queen did more to Sanji but clearly Oda had issues portraying his weirdness as a cyborg and fluidly showing that fight.

Zoro vs King must be easier to imagine choreography in that way, because every chapter relating to it has been awesome imo
King vs Zoro is hands down the best fight in Onigashima imo. Unless this new chapter is awful, I don't think my opinion would change.

Loved both Zoro and King, loved the narrative around swordsmanship, loved the Kozaburo flashback, loved the talk about Kingly ambitions.

The choreography has been top notch as well, I might just take the pain to make a separate album with just the whole of this fight. I don't know about others, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope the new chapter doesn't disappoint lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.