Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• No, it's not a good adaption.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Why not

There is no scenario where One Piece looses. Either 1) it is a success and OP will finally become mainstream, or 2) it is bad, but more people will still hear about it because Netflix and we get more content anyways(which is never a bad thing imo)
Post automatically merged:

Anyways I want a good one piece live action. I think there's a lot of potential for good anime live actions, its just that there aren't many that have been directed by people who really care that much.

I also don't think all anime live actions were bad, or at least on the same level as dragon ball evolution

the fist of the North Star live action looks decent

Same with the bleach live action

Are these ground breaking movies? No, but they seem like they can be entertaining if you give them a chance, which is what I hope for with the OP live action. Just something that is not so bad that it is utterly unenjoyable
That Fist of the North Star is acc the worst thing in this world. God I have never seen anything so cringy.

Man, i'm trying to be optimistic, this is hard. :catsweat:

Trust me nobody hates the idea of a One Piece live-action more than me, but my love for One Piece is far greater than my hate :love:, i'm still gonna watch it, and i will enjoy it no matter what even if i have to force myself to.
This pretty sums up my feelings pretty well, lol, I will probably enjoy it a lot as loooong as it is not complete utterly horseshit, which I very much doubt itll be, the people working on it have done some good stuff before, and most importantly even Oda is involved with it! So yeah, unlike you im actually pretty positive to it haha.

I do think they will have to change some stuff for One Piece to work on TV, a 1:1 adaption just wouldnt be the optimal for succes or making good TV I think, as long as the changes they make makes sense Ill be content lol

In this video we talk a little bit about the creators, what they could do and more

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
As long as Oda is involved in the production, I think this adaptation is far from dead in the water. We’re talking about a man who, for better AND worse, retains full creative control over everything that happens with canon-derived/adjacent material...he knows the track record of live action remakes of anime series, understands that his reputation/opening up a whole new audience to his work is on the line, and already likes to be in charge of what happens with his IP, so if ANYBODY on this planet can be trusted to keep this show faithful to the source material, I’d say it’s him.

As long as Oda is involved in the production, I think this adaptation is far from dead in the water. We’re talking about a man who, for better AND worse, retains full creative control over everything that happens with canon-derived/adjacent material...he knows the track record of live action remakes of anime series, understands that his reputation/opening up a whole new audience to his work is on the line, and already likes to be in charge of what happens with his IP, so if ANYBODY on this planet can be trusted to keep this show faithful to the source material, I’d say it’s him.
Oda's IP? :believe:

Not even the Matrix scientists have ever figured it hehehe.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Isn't Oda just an Executive Producer? He might provide them a guideline, but who's to say they'll stick to whatever Oda told them. And I think that's what has people worried.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Isn't Oda just an Executive Producer? He might provide them a guideline, but who's to say they'll stick to whatever Oda told them. And I think that's what has people worried.
All fair points, maybe I’m putting undue weight on that executive part. From the little I understand about making a TV show, producers at that level hold a great level of influence over the final product and most stages throughout, so I’m hoping that’s where he’s at. I know he already works himself to the bone with the manga, so that may be a naive stance to buy, but I kinda have to right now.

All fair points, maybe I’m putting undue weight on that executive part. From the little I understand about making a TV show, producers at that level hold a great level of influence over the final product and most stages throughout, so I’m hoping that’s where he’s at. I know he already works himself to the bone with the manga, so that may be a naive stance to buy, but I kinda have to right now.
https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/executive-producers/39184/what-actually-is-an-executive-producer
I would be really surprised if Oda had all that much to do with this. I don't see how his weekly writing schedule can really fit with a tv series that's presumably being made in an entirely different continent. Do we even know if Oda is fluent in English?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/executive-producers/39184/what-actually-is-an-executive-producer
I would be really surprised if Oda had all that much to do with this. I don't see how his weekly writing schedule can really fit with a tv series that's presumably being made in an entirely different continent. Do we even know if Oda is fluent in English?
I’d argue from some of his romanizations (LEV ELY immediately springs to mind), he probably doesn’t. That’s basically what I said, though...he already goes so hard on his work that he probably doesn’t have the time or energy to oversee all adaptations thereof. This is what I have to tell myself to believe that this show will be any good, though...

I’d argue from some of his romanizations (LEV ELY immediately springs to mind), he probably doesn’t. That’s basically what I said, though...he already goes so hard on his work that he probably doesn’t have the time or energy to oversee all adaptations thereof. This is what I have to tell myself to believe that this show will be any good, though...
It seems Japanese people usually have at least a rather basic English knowledge since many English terminologies come across their language so it's normal.