Speculations Kaido had no logical reason to kill Oden

So look. I'm not speculating that Oden is secretly alive or anything. Oden's death holds a lot of importance as it was basically the driving factor behind each of the scabbards. But I will say, that if it somehow turns out that Oden really was alive and that Kaido had captured him and was secretly torturing him for 20 years under onigashima, I wouldn't be surprised.

You see it just doesn't make sense for Kaido to kill Oden. I guess maybe Orochi could have given the orders but from what we have been shown, Kaido is clearly above Orochi in the totem pole and there is no reason for Kaido to kill Oden.

First. Kaido doesn't kill his enemies. Quite the contrary, he actually tries to convert them into allies. Look at every pirate that has attacked kaido or the beast pirates: Kid, Killer, Hawkins, Drake(he did go after Scotch pre-skip), Kawamatsu, Hyogoro, and even Luffy. The same Luffy who he was shown to have passionately hated. Even Luffy was spared from death by Kaido. So why would he kill Oden? A man who would have clearly made an extremely powerful ally.

What's more is that Oden isn't just some elite pirate, he was on the crew of both Whitebeard and Roger. Oden found the One piece. If Kaido had Oden on his side, he could have gained access to the poneglyphs, the ancient weapons, and One piece himself. If he kept Oden around and converted him into an ally, he literally would have become pirate king.

So why kill him?

It couldn't have been to "extinguish the flame of the Kozuki clan" or anything. After acting like an ass for 5 years, the people had already lost faith in Oden. They thought he was a coward and a fool. Furthermore if this really was a concern of Kaido or orochi's, they could always use the old Hag's powers to fake Oden's death, meanwhile keeping the real Oden locked away in a cage in Onigashima.

Honestly, the only plausible reason I can see for Kaido killing Oden was if he wanted to provoke Whitebeard for some reason, but even then, the benefits of Oden would far outway anything he could have got by killing him, especially since all he'd really need to do to go to war with Whitebeard is invade his territory or merely lie to him that he had killed Oden.

Anyways what are your thoughts? Are there any reasons why Kaido killed Oden or is this just plot induced stupidity? Could Oden actually be alive? leave your thoughts in the comments below.

djiayebee

β˜† π•Šπ•¦π•¦π•¦π•¦π•¦π•¦π•‘π•–π•£ 𝔻𝕒𝕕𝕕π•ͺ β˜†
β€Ž
... but Orochi did kill Yasue, so it proves Kaido doesn't decide every thing in Wano

djiayebee

β€Ž
but Yasu didn't really seem to be a fighter who would be worth keeping alive

Also, yasu wasn't the key that would give Kaido access to the Ancient weapons and one piece.
while that may be true, i seriously doubt Orochi (or the old hag and grandpa) would let Oden live considering the history between their clans... imo one condition for joining hand with Kaido in the first place is he can do pretty much whatever he wants in Wano but Oden has to die

J

Jo_Ndule

I always said it
Kaido didn't order nor kill Oden.

It was just Orochi ego.

I wouldn't be surprised if Oden is kept alive somewhere and they faked his death

Bogard

You can't win
β€Ž
Kaido probably realized Oden wasn't the type he'd manage to break the will of, no matter how hard he tried.

Whitebeard pointed out before that Oden wasn't the type to be led by another, Hawkins also pointed out that he didn't think Kid would ever submit and thus only possible outcome for him would be death.

It's likely that Oden was the same kind, and assuming that Oden wasn't at his max potential, leaving him alive would have been detrimental to Kaido in the end, since he'd have been killed sooner or later, especially when he'd have eventually gained back his support over the Wano samurais

Oden could injure Kaidou and had chances of killing Kaidou, so that might have been one reason to kill him.

Bt tbh i am also of the opinion Oden might be alive.

Kaido probably realized Oden wasn't the type he'd manage to break the will of, no matter how hard he tried.

Whitebeard pointed out before that Oden wasn't the type to be led by another, Hawkins also pointed out that he didn't think Kid would ever submit and thus only possible outcome for him would be death.

It's likely that Oden was the same kind, and assuming that Oden wasn't at his max potential, leaving him alive would have been detrimental to Kaido in the end, since he'd have been killed sooner or later, especially when he'd have eventually gained back his support over the Wano samurais
True, even Kawamatsu didn't break his will in 13 years, so very minor or hardly any chances for Oden. And Kaidou must have realised that in those 5 years.

Aaaah yes no logical reason to kill the man that was about to chop his head off.

The "convert to ally" theory is silly since no one he tries to convert almsot killed him. He outclassed Luffy overwhelmingly compared to Oden.

He had all logical reason to kill Oden who would chop his head off anyday

I'd imagine Kaido discovered Momo has the VoaT and figured it'll be easier to force him into being his ticket to Raftel than Oden.

Plus he might just be really, really pissed that Oden carved him up like a turkey.
or regular torture isnt getting oden to translate shit for kaido hence he needs another hostage, but since the old hag is dead now he needs the actual real deal momonosuke.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
β€Ž
Aaaah yes no logical reason to kill the man that was about to chop his head off.

The "convert to ally" theory is silly since no one he tries to convert almsot killed him. He outclassed Luffy overwhelmingly compared to Oden.

He had all logical reason to kill Oden who would chop his head off anyday
Yeah lol, if not it's clear how Kaido was sweating hard. Whoever should be able to realize so.

I think Oden is alive somewhere. Oda loves Cyborg and the occasion is just too good to have a Cyborg Oden. ( Like a Darth Vader reference ? :/ )

What I find strange is that If I'm not mistaking, prisoners in Impel Down all go on a boiling Bath to be disinfected. And the Likes of Crocodile and Ace survived this easily. ( Proof that those guys are totally surhuman, boiling water is painful and totally kill ).

Why would Oden be killed by that ? He has not even a fruit ?

πŸ€— I don't get it.

I don't think so, too many people would recognize him if that were the case. It would basically be an open secret.

However, I do think that its possible for Kyoshiro to be a bastard son of Sukiyaki
Yeah, I don't even know if I believe this myself. It's just that, only recently, I noticed their similarities. I actually found a theory about this that says Kaido managed to break Oden's spirit(seemingly). Oden not being recognized would just be that thing that happens in fiction, when a character changes something(starts wearing glasses, for instance. lol) and nobody recognizes him.

Still, I don't know what to make of this. I'm up for anything, really.

H

Homelander

I read this chapter again in Viz , be careful the chapter in french translated english was awful .

I think there is wonderful reason why Kaido did not recruit Oden and left him to sentence to be boiled ?

First i would say Kaidos relationship with Kozuki clan and wano , we have no idea what relationship it was we can guess that kaido has affinity to wano and kozuki does it make sense ancient beef .

Oden does not bow to anyone and he is capable of fighting kaido one on one . I do think kaido wanted him out in someway because he is strong and was able to mark him . It must have been trauma for kaido .

djiayebee

β€Ž
I read this chapter again in Viz , be careful the chapter in french translated english was awful .
oh yea? anything particular that makes a big difference??