Do you believe these spoilers ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This argument is foolish.

Luyffy in all of One Piece has never been a tier above Zoro the people Luffy & Zoro has beaten comes down to either matchup or PIS.

We can break down each fight and see that there are characters Zoro has beaten in certain arcs that Luffy can't beat. i.e. Mr.1.

You thinking Luffy is going to be on some GodTier and Zoro is going to be below is stupid, this arc literally put that to bed.

Luffy Fans : Zoro will never get AdvCoC maybe EOS but not now

Oda : literally 5 mins time span in the OP world Zoro unlocks AdvCoC.

Luffy and Zoro are relative to each other its a shame we have to go through this every single time.
I think this is some bullshit alt. To suggest Luffy will one shot a tough Zoro opponent when he had help against a Nami opponent lol.

I don't get this obsession.
Like if I was a Luffytard I'd literally be wanking Zoro, only @Luffy is the mc gets it.

Like how does downplaying Zoro help Luffy? Zoro has to not only be weaker than Luffy but also Law and Kidd and Yamato too?

Doesn't that make Luffy look like shit? The guy he sought out for, for his strength is so weak?
lmaoo it is downright retarded if i think about it :milaugh:
Are you calling me a Luffytard?:milaugh:
For real though, I can only be happy when I see his crew is strong. Besides Zoro has CoC and can coat his attacks with it just like Luffy, you'd have to be a moron to deny he is strong
I'd rather shit on Kidd, his lame awakening and his weakass crew lol

First try:steef:
Kaido and Yamato can't do it because they don't know ryuo the way Hyogoro taught Luffy, BM and Kaido can't do it either, only ryuo users that know how to do emissions can clash without touching, meaning that Luffy is the only responsible for the no touching clashes.

I never said luffy is superior I just said he’s the strongest? Captains are THE STRONGEST IN THEIR CREW. That’s a fact?

and luffy didn’t get negged diffed the last time they fought.

if I had to level luffy it would be luffy 95 Zoro 90 / 93

yes Zoro unlocked the same thing as luffy.
Luffy split the skies with kaido a feat only yonkos done. But y’all downplay that too the moon Tho? If Zoro did that tho y’all would eat it up
Hmm. I do think sky-splitting is something that has been reserved for Yonko-level characters, and the way it was presented when Luffy did it was a signal that he is now entering a new class of strength.

However, I see people claiming that Zoro needs to reach "sky-split level" in order to be in the same conversation as Luffy. That's not a good argument because Zoro needs to be in 1v1 combat with someone of a similar strength tier who also has CoC. It's a very specific situation.

Zoro getting ACoC doesn't put him above/equal to Luffy in my opinion, but it does represent Zoro entering a similar class of strength. The only people we know of who can use ACoC are top tiers besides Yamato. And Yamato only looks bad in comparison now because she became a bystander for Luffy's fight. When she was in a 1v1 with Kaido I remember how she was getting soooo much hype.

The problem is people think Luffy is gonna be like Goku where he just reaches a stupid level of strength to the point where he no longer has peers or competitors. Zoro has in large part been written to be close to Luffy in strength. They both have similar willpower and drive to achieve their ambitions. They are the only two conquerors on the SH crew. Only two supernovas on the crew. Even their respective inspirations/goals are former rivals (Mihawk and Shanks). Zoro is a complement to Luffy, not just a measly subordinate.

On this forum we seem to have two extremes: the people who undoubtedly believe that Zoro is exactly equal to or stronger than Luffy, and the people who think Luffy can solo his own crew. In a similar vein, we have people who think Zoro can neg diff Sanji and people who think Sanji is >= Zoro.

I think all of that is too extreme. In my opinion, the truth is always probably somewhere in the middle.

Drake's defeat is temporary, it comes as a variant to Hawkins sabotage or King's secret, the pattern is the same since the good (SWORD) needs to be put to the ropes by the evil (CP0) before prevailing. Drake will ultimately win the fight after we get deeper in the SWORD - CP0 conflict.

Now, this is my opinion before full summary/panels are out, and may look to much optimistic, but looks to me like the most logical outcome too.

Let the downplayers do their thing and just have some patience. Some of them will swallow their own words at some point.
:kata:
lmao apoo even ran way, what do you think drake can do against 2 CP0 members? drake got folded, deal with it

he's just a walking L type of character.

Are you calling me a Luffytard?:milaugh:
For real though, I can only be happy when I see his crew is strong. Besides Zoro has CoC and can coat his attacks with it just like Luffy, you'd have to be a moron to deny he is strong
I'd rather shit on Kidd, his lame awakening and his weakass crew lol
No I am calling those Luffy "fans" with obsession to downplay Zoro as Luffytards

Hmm. I do think sky-splitting is something that has been reserved for Yonko-level characters, and the way it was presented when Luffy did it was a signal that he is now entering a new class of strength.

However, I see people claiming that Zoro needs to reach "sky-split level" in order to be in the same conversation as Luffy. That's not a good argument because Zoro needs to be in 1v1 combat with someone of a similar strength tier who also has CoC. It's a very specific situation.

Zoro getting ACoC doesn't put him above/equal to Luffy in my opinion, but it does represent Zoro entering a similar class of strength. The only people we know of who can use ACoC are top tiers besides Yamato. And Yamato only looks bad in comparison now because she became a bystander for Luffy's fight. When she was in a 1v1 with Kaido I remember how she was getting soooo much hype.

The problem is people think Luffy is gonna be like Goku where he just reaches a stupid level of strength to the point where he no longer has peers or competitors. Zoro has in large part been written to be close to Luffy in strength. They both have similar willpower and drive to achieve their ambitions. They are the only two conquerors on the SH crew. Only two supernovas on the crew. Even their respective inspirations/goals are former rivals (Mihawk and Shanks). Zoro is a complement to Luffy, not just a measly subordinate.

On this forum we seem to have two extremes: the people who undoubtedly believe that Zoro is exactly equal to or stronger than Luffy, and the people who think Luffy can solo his own crew. In a similar vein, we have people who think Zoro can neg diff Sanji and people who think Sanji is >= Zoro.

I think all of that is too extreme. In my opinion, the truth is always probably somewhere in the middle.
above luffy? My guy Zoro is close to luffy but he will always be ahead by 2 levels. He’s fighting kaido In base still… Zoro getting acoc closed the gap yes but luffy getting a power up can open that gap again.

This argument is foolish.

Luyffy in all of One Piece has never been a tier above Zoro the people Luffy & Zoro has beaten comes down to either matchup or PIS.

We can break down each fight and see that there are characters Zoro has beaten in certain arcs that Luffy can't beat. i.e. Mr.1.

You thinking Luffy is going to be on some GodTier and Zoro is going to be below is stupid, this arc literally put that to bed.

Luffy Fans : Zoro will never get AdvCoC maybe EOS but not now

Oda : literally 5 mins time span in the OP world Zoro unlocks AdvCoC.

Luffy and Zoro are relative to each other its a shame we have to go through this every single time.
Oda wrote Luffy saying that what he can do for his crew that noone else can is beating the main villain (Arlong, in this case). He also had Luffy beating the Shichibukai, not his subordinate; had him beating the 4000 doriki guy who would go and kill the whole crew if not stopped right there, not his 2200 subaltern; and now has him making Kaido enjoy a fight, the same Kaido who compared him to other top fighters with just one punch and was introduced as a person bored with the world and borderline depressed.

This isn't matchup nor PIS. This is the author telling you that Luffy and Zoro aren't relative to each other, and readers complicating his simple work with useless overanalysis. I don't know if Luffy is going to be on some GodTier (whatever that means), but what I know is that, if there's a character with the potential to be there, that's Luffy indeed.

This whole story is about him. Zoro is secondary.

Last edited:
As I said, my friend. There's a narrative barrier that Oda can't surpass. And that's not bad and for sure this is not my opinion. The main story is about Luffy. Zoro being the second strongest is a great thing.

It's not about Luffy fans wanting something or not. It's a matter of fact of the story. The main character will ever be the main character, and there's nothing wrong with it. Zoro is still being cool, a great swordman :goyea:
How about we have real understanding of narrative
Zoro and Luffys relationship is portrayed as special in a way where Zoro is just as capable of Luffy but chooses to he under him because of his respect for Luffy.

The main story is about Luffy yet in this story Luffy has a right hand man who is capable of being a captain himself but chooses not to. Narrative had Luffy and Zoro fight together to a stalemate and even back then Luffy was defeating strongest allies

above luffy? My guy Zoro is close to luffy but he will always be ahead by 2 levels. He’s fighting kaido In base still… Zoro getting acoc closed the gap yes but luffy getting a power up can open that gap again.
2 levels? LMAO stop shoting BS from those massive headcannons you got there.

Even Yamato was clashing with Kaido, does that put her 2 levels above Zoro too?
:suresure:
Warever Luffy is doing in the roof right now, current Zoro can do better, and dont pretent thats not the case...But dont worry, Luffy is definely geting yet another PU soon and we can only pray its not gonna look more ridiculous than G4 in all its fat glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.