Do you believe these spoilers ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I was reading the discussion above about Zoro vs Luffy... What's the point? Is there any Luffy fan that doesn't like Zoro? Wtf?:gonope:
Most Luffy fans I know love the Luffy/Zoro dynamic, and actually want Zoro to be strong as that hypes Luffy even more.

From what I saw, the discussion is spiraling because of Luffy seemingly going toe to toe with Kaido. Zoro fans are undermining it and Luffy fans are overrating (I'm one of them:kappa:).

People generally don't like when their favorite character is outshown or downplayed, that's why the discussion has gotten toxic.

Same tier sure. Equal or stronger than Luffy? Idk about that. Zoro got his powerups and have shown what he can do but we haven’t seen the entire Luffy vs Kaido. Zoro and Luffy might be relative but Luffy was always one or two steps above him. No one’s putting Luffy in godtier, most Zorostans are the ones doing that to Zoro. Like how saying shit like King is equal or close to Kaido to solidify Zoro’s achievement. It’s like you guys are threatened by Luffy (the mc) being stronger than your favorite character. It’s not rocket science, even in Jujutsu Kaisen, the mc would eventually surpass Gojo. The difference here, Luffy and Zoro are already portrayed to have a leader - subordinate relationship and no point in the series did Oda ever overshadow Luffy’s achievements within the same arc relative to his follower.
No one seriously believes King is equal to Kaido.
I am just saying give King his due respect too he is undisputed right hand man of Kaido and can give Kaido a mid diff fight.
If Zoro now can mid diff King with CoC he is on same tier as Kaido too just like Luffy is even if Kaido is stronger than both.

Its more like Kaido > Luffy >= Zoro >> King
Post automatically merged:

sanji Fags are pretentious as fuck
Well seems like its a girl but yeah agreed

Same tier sure. Equal or stronger than Luffy? Idk about that. Zoro got his powerups and have shown what he can do but we haven’t seen the entire Luffy vs Kaido. Zoro and Luffy might be relative but Luffy was always one or two steps above him. No one’s putting Luffy in godtier, most Zorostans are the ones doing that to Zoro. Like how saying shit like King is equal or close to Kaido to solidify Zoro’s achievement. It’s like you guys are threatened by Luffy (the mc) being stronger than your favorite character. It’s not rocket science, even in Jujutsu Kaisen, the mc would eventually surpass Gojo. The difference here, Luffy and Zoro are already portrayed to have a leader - subordinate relationship and no point in the series did Oda ever overshadow Luffy’s achievements within the same arc relative to his follower.
I mean I can generally agree but have Luffy and Zoro been portrayed to have leader subordinate relationship? Zoro steps out of Luffys way out of respect but so does Luffy when need be.

If anything their relationship is more of Zoro being a big brother to Luffy who sets him straight when Luffy acts like an idiot. Look at Water 7 Punk Hazard Zou and even Wano

How about we have real understanding of narrative
Zoro and Luffys relationship is portrayed as special in a way where Zoro is just as capable of Luffy but chooses to he under him because of his respect for Luffy.

The main story is about Luffy yet in this story Luffy has a right hand man who is capable of being a captain himself but chooses not to. Narrative had Luffy and Zoro fight together to a stalemate and even back then Luffy was defeating strongest allies
Right, they're best friends, and as I said (and looks like you agree with me) they have a minimum gap when we're talking about power.

You understood wrong what I said about the narrative question. Let me explain: Oda is doing the parallel between Roger Pirates and the Mugiwaras. So the parallel is Luffy and Zoro <-> Roger and Rayleigh.

Let's see: I think Prime Rayleigh was a guy that was stronger even to beat a Yonkou just using Haki (Zoro WILL reach this level or even surpass it). And Roger was stronger, but not much.

You're trying to convince me with arguments that Zoro is equal or stronger than Luffy. And I'm presenting you points in the manga (and that's how mangaka works) that show for all the fans that: No. Zoro isn't stronger than Luffy and there's nothing wrong, I still love Zoro, I still love Zoro chapters, he really is the Right hand of Luffy, he is a prodigy on AdvCoC using, and he is the second man in power in the Mugiwara pirates.

But, man, it's not about me or anyone. It's about how Oda writes the story, and that can't change. The manga doesn't work how the fans want to. It works how Goda wants and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.