General & Others Sanji vs Queen is one of his worst fights in the series

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
But thats plot, most fights are influenced by plot, thats so obvious.

You could argue the same things for Zoro vs King at some moments.

King was understimating Zoro by saying "So lets play with swords, i like swords!", so?

Queen attacking himself made no difference at all, it was just for comic relief, since Sanji was going to regenerate due to the Exoskeleton Awakening, and Queen said "Whatever, my choil did the job, you're already dead!"

Queen approaching Some also made no difference, since Queen couldn't detect Sanji at all, but Queen was the one who got detected by Sanji, this a CoO feat regardless of anything you say.
Queen was already done at that moment, Sanji blitzed him before Queen even touches Some, and Sanji's AP was too strong for Queen to recover.

I don't even need to mention Luffy vs Katakuri, right?

Most of these fights against Commanders work like that because Oda wants to show how hard is to beat them, so you need to take every single opportunity you get, and even if you defeat your opponent, he stills being hella strong and unique despite anything else.
''it's plot'' is not an excuse, everything is plot

Who’s Who and King are the only beast pirate executives that I feel didnt job to their opponents just because the plot demanded it.
Who's Who was the ultimate jobber by definition. The fight was comically one sided. His sword even revealed to be a tiny knife, that's how unserious it was. His only purpose was to reveal some mythical hero who is probably JoyBoy/Luffy anyway.

Sanji vs Queen - Easily worst Choreography of Sanjis fights; however, easily the best characterization of any of Sanji fights.

The Sanji vs Queen fight was never Sanji vs Queen, it was Sanji vs Germa and Sanji vs himself. The fight was about overcoming the family that haunted him his entire life and ended with him overcoming who he feared to be.

That’s why the fight really took place after Sanji destroyed the raid suit, because up until then the fight could’ve been Queen vs Sanji or Queen vs Stealth Black, it’s also why it ended with Sanji vs Stealth Black and Sanji overpowering the germa abilities that were his birthright with his own hard work and will power.

Was it a great fight? No.
Was it a great character narrative? Absolutely.
Worst fight in the series? No we have non straw hat fights that take that handedly
I agree but a lot of it seemed forced like Sanji losing a part of his memory didn’t make sense at all.

It didn’t seem like he lost his memory at all and the whole turn evil plot line was forced.

Oda should have just had him defeat all of his brothers is WCI somehow and in WCI brought Katakuri or let him fight a CP0 agent.

Or even just made Queen a stronger character.

I agree but a lot of it seemed forced like Sanji losing a part of his memory didn’t make sense at all.

It didn’t seem like he lost his memory at all and the whole turn evil plot line was forced.

Oda should have just had him defeat all of his brothers is WCI somehow and in WCI brought Katakuri or let him fight a CP0 agent.

Or even just made Queen a stronger character.
Queen is a plenty strong character and was compared to other characters in Katas tier so the power wise is fine.
As for defeating his brothers in WCI, Oda decided to focus on Sanji beating judge which he did by making judge kneel before him.
As for the evil sanji thing, I liked it. It was to show Sanjis resolve in defending who he is and the kind Of person Zeff and Sora sacrificed for that he’d rather die than be something that spits in the face of their sacrifice and Sanjis ideals.

Queen is a plenty strong character and was compared to other characters in Katas tier so the power wise is fine.
As for defeating his brothers in WCI, Oda decided to focus on Sanji beating judge which he did by making judge kneel before him.
As for the evil sanji thing, I liked it. It was to show Sanjis resolve in defending who he is and the kind Of person Zeff and Sora sacrificed for that he’d rather die than be something that spits in the face of their sacrifice and Sanjis ideals.
I get what he was trying to do with it but Danji never lost his memory Queen just went invisible. I like how Sanji developed but even during the fight Sanji said he could easily take out someone like Queen with his Germa Genes.

Sanji needs to fight someone that can match him in combat. Watching a fast powerful character defeat a slow physically strong character isn’t to interesting.

While Queen’s opponent was strong, he literally damaged himself while meming, held back, and then proceeded to get devastated while simping. It’s not the same.

In Black Maria and Sasaki’s case they went down a little too easily all things considered.
Queen broke Sanji's bones and tried to decapitate him when he was confused. You can also turn it around and say Sanji had to save the mouse and protect Osome while fighting Queen.

Fights are non linear and distractions are what makes a live battleground interesting. Anything else would just be a power level contest, especially with all the haki shenanigans. But people want that I guess.