Current Events One Piece became worser than Fairy Tail

So something that I tried to not admit happened: One Piece became Fairy Tail lvl manga. What was really disturbing in Fairy Tail? Echie? Well, fan-service is not bad or good, but fancervice where you can see genitals shots, like vagina shape just describe manga that use really cheap move to be sold for young audience. Why? Well, adults woud not really care how drawn female character will look like without panties, or bra. So fanservice like that selling itself, but manga with that lvl fanservice usually didn't succeed(I'm talking about Kill a Kill as well). Now why this happened with Fairy Tail? Reason why this became reality for FT with low sales was bad writer decisions.

Basically story turned in conveyor, where just exact thing happened all the time. What exactly I'm talking about? Well, to defeat any villain you just need MC. Despite being weaker at the begining MC get power in one arc that helps him to get on same lvl as villain was. And that was major Fairy Tail problem. Story could not being interesting when MC is immortal. But not even try to compare this to other shonens, like Naruto or Hunter. Naruto dealing with villains before final war was awesome, and all villains there was defeated in different way. Hunter x Hunter? Same as Naruto, case it was always different. I would also include D.GrayMan i this comparison, case there litteraly happened opposite and villains got only stronger and get own power ups in battle, so even when you started to believe that MC who gained power up is enough to deal with villain in few moments you will be taken by surprise, case villains there could get power ups even bigger than MC that will lead em to victory. And that is what you call good story writing, or good villain writing.

Now it is true that One Piece had same villain issues from the begining, case MC always was getting stronger. But why we even talk here about One Piece? Case there was showed characters who was beyond MC, without any chance for him to defeate em. It was Smoker at the begining of story, next one it was Aokiji, and last one became Kaido.

Oda made clear that dealing with Younko is something that he even don't know how it should be written. In interview, Oda said that he made Kaido too strong, so now he needs to find a way to defeate him. Did he succeed in this? Short answer is NO. Oda added few plot devices like Tama who perfectly counter villains power of his army. Then he created ryu - special type of haki that no one was able to use except Wano samurai's that able to cut or hit threw invincible Kaido's body. While we know that even Rayleigh was able to use ryu, so we can be sure that characters like Sengoku or admirals could do that as well. So ryu was never mystery in this world. So...why then Kaido was never killed? That is big plot hole here and one of many examples of bad writing.

And that was enough thing to made 19 year Luffy strong as Kaido. And this is nothing that we got Doflamingo, Crocodile who is 40 years old plus but wasn't able to became strong enough to defeat Younko. Same thing goes to Ace, who losed to Younko after getting even with Jinbei. The story itself right now made less sence then Fairy Tail. In Fairy Tail Natsu who was that strong made sence, case he was END, he was dragonslayer, and was trained by King of Dragons. While Luffy is just a guy with D in his name. Author made clear that D did not mean super human, case many characters had it in their names. Even Ace was D so why he didn't get power from nowhere? Why Luffy 19 year old pirate surpassed every one else, people who putted much more effort in becaming strong enough to gain on Younko lvl.

The story made less sence than Fairy Tail right now. Also Echie here is not even close to FT, so it lacking everything. Plus in Fairy Tail author never skipped fights. Each character got huge development, but in same time there was shown events with much more complicated plot than just another conveyor story about dropping bomb.
But people including me blame FT and I even dropped it and don't have any desire to read it or watch it. For it is bad, while One Piece right now is even worser.

P.S. For those who will say that I should stop read One Piece, I'm saying now that I already stopped to read manga, and right now reading only spoilers, but that will long till Wano arc ends. One Piece was my most favorite manga that I loved, so it is hard to say good bye, but I want to do that. I'm talking about not just putting on pause, but about dropping it and not even care how it will end.

Last edited:
When someone said they understand the story by just reading the 'spoilers', that's when you know that his or her opinion can't be taken seriously. There is a reason manga is fictional and labelled 'shonen'. Someone like you come to NTR or harem genre and bitch why it is harem or NTR. Also, all other main characters you have mentioned didn't even have 19 years age and yet they are above 95% of people in the verse.
Fairy tail became worse for other reasons. It is not as if fairy tail was top 3 at any point of time to begin with.

Broke this up into paragraphs for you. walls of text are difficult to read.

So something that I tried to not admit happened: One Piece became Fairy Tail lvl manga. What was really diaturbing in Fairy Tail? Echie? Well, fan-service is not bad or good, but fancervice where you can see genitals shots, like vagina shape just describe manga that use really cheap move to be sold for young audience. Why? Well, adults woud not really care how drawn female character will look like without panties, or bra. So fanservice like that selling be itself, but manga with that lvl fanservice usually didn't succeed(I'm talking about Kill a Kill as well). Now why this happened with Fairy Tail? Reason why this became reality for FT with low sales was bad writer decisions.

Basically story turned in conveyor, where just exact thing happened all the time. What exactly I'm talking about? Well, to defeat any villain you just need MC. Despite being weaker at the begining MC get power in one arc that helps him to get on same lvl as villain was. And that was major Fairy Tail problem. Story could not being interesting when MC is immortal. But not even try to compare this to other shonens, like Naruto or Hunter. Naruto dealing with villains before final war was awesome, and all villains there was defeated in different way. Hunter x Hunter? Same as Naruto, case it was always different. I would also include D.GrayMan i this comparison, case there litteraly happened opposite and villains got only stronger and get own power ups in battle, so even when you started to believe that MC who gained power up is enough to deal with villain in few moments you will be taken by surprise, case villains there could get power ups even bigger than MC that will lead em to victory. And that is what you call good story writing, or good villain writing.

Now it is true that One Piece had same villain issues from the begining, case MC always was getying stronger. But why we even talk here about One Piece? Case there was showed characters who was beyond MC, without any chance for him to defeate em. It was Smoker at the begining of story, next one it was Aokiji, and last one became Kaido.

Oda made clear that dealing with Younko is something that he even don't know how it should be written. In interview, Oda said that he made Kaido too strong, so now he needs to find a way to fefeate him. Did he succeed in this? Short answer is NO. Oda added few plot devices like Tama who perfectly counter villains power of his army. Then he created ryu - special type of haki that no one was able to use except Wano samurai's that able to cut or hit threw invincible Kaido's body. While we know that even Rayleigh was able to use ryu, so we can be sure that characters like Sengoku or admirals could do that as well. So ryu was never mystery in this world. So...why then Kaido was never killed? That is big plot hole here and one of many examplesof bad writing.

And that was enough thing to made 19 year Luffy strong as Kaido. And this is nothing that we got Doflamingo, Crocodile who is 40 years old plus but wasn't able to became stromg enough to defeat Younko. Same thing goes to Ace, who losed to Younko after getting even with Jinbei. The story itself right now made less sence then Fairy Tail. In Fairy Tail Natsu who was that strong made sence, case he was END, he was dragonslayer, and was trained by King of Dragons. While Luffy is just a guy with D in his name. Author made clear that D did not mean super human, case many characters had it in their names. Even Ace was D so why he didn't get power from nowhere? Why Luffy19 year old pirate surpassed every one else, people who putted much more effort in becaming strong enough to gain on Younko lvl.

The story made less sence than Fairy Tail right now. Also Echie here is not even close to FT, so it lacking everything. Plus in Fairy Tail author never skipped fights. Each character got huge development, but in same time there was shown events with much more complicated plot than just another conveyor story about dropping bomb.
But people including me blame FT and I even dropped it and don't have any desire to read it or watch it. For it is bad, while One Piece right now is even worser.

P.S. For those who will say that I should stop read One Piece, I'm saying now that I already stopped to read manga, and rightnow reading only spoilers, but that will long till Wano arc ends. One Piece was my most favorite manga that I loved, so it is hard to say good bye, but I want to do that. I'm talking about not just putting on pause, but about dropping it and not even care how it will end.
Thanks, I fixed now it :D Was writing from phone...so yeah this thing could happened.

No cap i aint reading all this shit.
Op is mid but not that trash as Ft.
It is :josad:
When someone said they understand the story by just reading the 'spoilers', that's when you know that his or her opinion can't be taken seriously. There is a reason manga is fictional and labelled 'shonen'. Someone like you come to NTR or harem genre and bitch why it is harem or NTR. Also, all other main characters you have mentioned didn't even have 19 years age and yet they are above 95% of people in the verse.
Fairy tail became worse for other reasons. It is not as if fairy tail was top 3 at any point of time to begin with.
I stopped to read manga not long ago, and those issues was already there.

Well, for me it's important to wait till end of arc, case in other case I would eventually return to discuss it
Ending of arc you will be filled with disappointment as it was right now for you. Infact post wano has potential o be interesting than current wano or even climax. So either way it will not change anything for you. Since you are willing to quit manga post wano, might as well quit now.
I mean even reading spoilers because spoilers are basically third person opinion/interpretation. Stop coming to this forum because it is full of one piece discussions which wont help your cause or even if you come, just go to other manga sections.

One piece is at its lowest

People are fooled coz they expect new Gear or zoro showed CoC or Sanji finally beat someone strong since TS

• Luffy becoming goku 2.0
  • Boobs and boobs to sell more copies
  • Rooftop fansverice battle between SNs and Yonko to sell more copies
  • Offscreen battles : important ones like Jack/Pero vs dukes,
  • Focus on fodders like gifters and headliners than Calamities over 100 chapters
  • No character development for main characters really
  • Exhaustive dragging of running scenes
  • And more

Last edited by a moderator:
Ending of arc you will be filled with disappointment as it was right now for you. Infact post wano has potential o be interesting than current wano or even climax. So either way it will not change anything for you. Since you are willing to quit manga post wano, might as well quit now.
I mean even reading spoilers because spoilers are basically third person opinion/interpretation. Stop coming to this forum because it is full of one piece discussions which wont help your cause or even if you come, just go to other manga sections.
Well, I discuss other manga here LOL, as I'm right now, but will ignore any OP topics. But that day will come only after Wano ends. Plus there still hope to it, less chances, but this story could still fix some problems depends on ending of Wano.

• Focus on fodders like gifters and headliners than Calamities over 100 chapters
  • And more
this post is gold
:cheers:

One piece is at its l'ouest

People are fooled coz they expect new Gear or zoro showed CoC or Sanji finally beat someone strong since TS

• And more
I think that the lowest One Piece ever had is fishman island, but opinions.
I think some of the points your raise have always been part of one piece, i will address them.
1. What do you mean that Luffy is Goku 2.0? He always was the crew trump card since forever, always the strongest in every arc
2. It's always been that, think Nami wanted pictures
3. Resolving a conflict is not fanservice. FAnservice is point 2
4. More than welcome for the story to slim down to only relevant characters, wish less time was spent on fodder.
5. Same as 4.
6. The biggest shame. Usop literally could have not been in the arc.
7. Yes.
8. Yes