Current Events One Piece became worser than Fairy Tail

Which makes it hurt even more. I'll explain, but be wary of MAJOR SPOILERS.

I followed Rave Master from its beginning, so I was hyped to see the final parts of it when it came out. Now, I have to give Mashima credit here: he was doing a good job up until the end of 2/3 of the story, with 1 major and hyped up fight being massively offscreened, at that time, serving as the only warning that Mashima didn't know what he was doing.

Move forward to the final 1/3 of the story, a certain arc involving a massive air pirate organization showed some characters we were hyped for some time receiving the Beast Pirates treatment. This is another warning, which I was too young to notice at that time.

Then we moved onto revealing the biggest mystery of the series (kinda like what One Piece is to OP), which is serviceable, in my opinion (could have been a lot worse). However, the finale of this reveal has what would equate to Momoron killing Kaido (no joking, a particularly not so noteworthy fighter killing a fucking top tier after learning ONE forbidden technique).

But, at this point, I was too invested in the story to discard it outright. So, we then got the final war. It would have been ok, since the first two final fights are fucking great, but then:

- We got the Rave Master equivalent of ancient weapons, whose been haunting the protagonists since mid-story, OFFSCREENED. We literally only saw how it took one final attack and died;
- We got the main takeaway from the reveal OFFSCREENED;
- The main character's second-mate getting no fight AT ALL during the final war. He literally just ran around from places to places;
- The strongest member of Rave Master's equivalent of the Yonkos going down after taking TWO HITS;
- One major role and the main villain's final weapon being revealed in Rave Master's equivalent of a SBS column;
- Lastly, all protagonist deaths in the final war revealed to be fakeouts.

:lawsigh:

So, you see, this is why I'm wary of approaching Eden's Zero.
Stop this nonsence, you can attack FT to be fair, but Rave Master? Yes, it's true that ending could be done much better, but it was rashed case of Jump, not case of Mashima, who even apologies to audience, saying that it was Jump who made him finish story like that. It's same story like with Bleach, but unlike Bleach it didn't even have same amount of chapters for last battle.
Many chapters, fights and author decisions was done perfectly, and even axed final fight was much better then Naruto, Bleach, Toriko and Fairy Tail ending. It was satysfying to say the least.
I read Rave Master during last summer. I understand your points. The ending was the weakest part of the story and it could’ve been way better. Nevertheless I liked Rave Master as a whole. It’s one of my fav Shonen. The ending felt rushed
Post automatically merged:

Read the manga and you will understand that. Those Androids are really like human.
Yep, Rave Master is solid manga, agree with you

For all the buildup it took to get this point (90% of timeskip), there sure is a lack of tension, and thats all I can really say about One Piece getting 'worse'.

Oda seems to be afraid to put his characters in real danger, something that was more apparent in pre timeskip.

Stop this nonsence, you can attack FT to be fair, but Rave Master? Yes, it's true that ending could be done much better, but it was rashed case of Jump, not case of Mashima, who even apologies to audience, saying that it was Jump who made him finish story like that. It's same story like with Bleach, but unlike Bleach it didn't even have same amount of chapters for last battle.
Many chapters, fights and author decisions was done perfectly, and even axed final fight was much better then Naruto, Bleach, Toriko and Fairy Tail ending. It was satysfying to say the least.

Yep, Rave Master is solid manga, agree with you
:gonope:

One piece is at its lowest

People are fooled coz they expect new Gear or zoro showed CoC or Sanji finally beat someone strong since TS

• Luffy becoming goku 2.0
  • Boobs and boobs to sell more copies
  • Rooftop fansverice battle between SNs and Yonko to sell more copies
  • Offscreen battles : important ones like Jack/Pero vs dukes,
  • Focus on fodders like gifters and headliners than Calamities over 100 chapters
  • No character development for main characters really
  • Exhaustive dragging of running scenes
  • And more
Its just asspull after asspull with Luffy. It's almost like I don't know who the main characters are anymore. There's no growth for them like there is the Scabbards or the Zou animals. Its amazing how King, one of the coolest characters in the history of the manga, got such short panel time compared to the fodder. OP is just all over the place right now and the focus is not in the right place for the most part.

Rave Master is one of my favorite manga of all time, so better stop.
I mean there was big plot twists, there was good story writing, and only thing that Rave Master lack was final fight, but again it was solid. Better than Naruto vs Sasuke in the final, but in same time it was cutted so it probably should be much much better.
And character death there was huge thing also. SO I'm not really mad that MC survived, case in every shonen MC survive anyway LOL

Rave Master is one of my favorite manga of all time, so better stop.
I mean there was big plot twists, there was good story writing, and only thing that Rave Master lack was final fight, but again it was solid. Better than Naruto vs Sasuke in the final, but in same time it was cutted so it probably should be much much better.
And character death there was huge thing also. SO I'm not really mad that MC survived, case in every shonen MC survive anyway LOL
:kuzanope:

It's this arc.
All the shitty things he put them here at once.

Fortunately, he doesnt need to make shit like these for the rest of the series since all SHs now will be strong enough to take head on any challenge and there won't be need a super large setup like in Wano anymore.

Now the things can only go up (after Wano end).

Why did they do this?
It seems that Mashima planned to end manga on 300 chapter and when it became obvious that he need more chapters Jump said that he should cut his story. And it was really bad decision. It wasn't like Bleach where last arc longed more then 100 chapters.
It was like chapters. Cutted characters case of that create really bad feeling from last arc.

For example: Ellie's power basically wasn't showed in full power, while she is able
to change reality, time traveling or even creating new world.
Last Rave Sword - Holy sword wasn't showed at all, even it supposed to be strongest one,;
Demon Lords didn't show everything that they should. Jiero was the only one who was decent, but her death wasn't really big, unlike Reina's. Still she was probably the most beautiful character in series.
Plus the whole plot about Rave Master, Ellie etc was revealed in "back in time" arc, with a nature of Ellie as well, which was really crazy
I'm still in shock how Mashima made Ellie from one world something like Eve who give a birth to Raregrove family, and in same time she became Haru's wife, also when Lucia kissed her...it was like kissing you grand grand grand mother, even from different world?!
So in the end it was called final battle, but the only question that left there would Ellie survive or not, so even cutted ending worked well, but maybe it would be better if she died tho, as well as Haru, which would look better maybe, case you know that would really mean death of all sides of conflict.

Rave Master is easily better then One Piece

Last edited:
B

Ballel

It seems that Mashima planned to end manga on 300 chapter and when it became obvious that he need more chapters Jump said that he should cut his story. And it was really bad decision. It wasn't like Bleach where last arc longed more then 100 chapters.
It was like chapters. Cutted characters case of that create really bad feeling from last arc.

For example: Ellie's power basically wasn't showed in full power, while she is able
to change reality, time traveling or even creating new world.
Last Rave Sword - Holy sword wasn't showed at all, even it supposed to be strongest one,;
Demon Lords didn't show everything that they should. Jiero was the only one who was decent, but her death wasn't really big, unlike Reina's. Still she was probably the most beautiful character in series.
Plus the whole plot about Rave Master, Ellie etc was revealed in "back in time" arc, with a nature of Ellie as well, which was really crazy
I'm still in shock how Mashima made Ellie from one world something like Eve who give a birth to Raregrove family, and in same time she became Haru's wife, also when Lucia kissed her...it was like kissing you grand grand grand mother, even from different world?!
So in the end it was called final battle, but the only question that left there would Ellie survive or not, so even cutted ending worked well, but maybe it would be better if she died tho, as well as Haru, which would look better maybe, case you know that would really mean death of all sides of conflict.

Rave Master is easily better then One Piece
I see.
I stopped reading your post when it came to the spoilers:suresure: I'm still at that town where it always rains.