Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually feel Oda is rushing the story lately But also, given his system of monthly breaks and the WSJ breaks, we do get what, an average of I think only 36 chapters a year? So you might be right unfortunately!

I really don't want to see the story dragged out anymore for that long especially, I can't take another 7-8 years of this at least. Wano has been so slow, so dragging, so lengthy, like all the flaws of Dressrosa but doubling down, literally even in a way.

Given all his health issues and at least 2 hospitalisations before too and his tendency to overwork himself extremely, we might end up with another Kentaro Miura situation and Oda's own story ends before his actual story he's writing does.

There's 3 things I'm really scared of with OP, 1 is that is gets an extremely prematured/rushed ending like Bleach got or at least is rushed towards it with a lot of questions/mysteries left unanswered too like certain other series or no 2, Oda passes away before he finishes OP or number 3, I pass away before the story ends and I never get to see how OP ends and what the OP is too and such.

For all my complaints about OP, I still love it to some degree ofc, I still am heavily invested in it and I genuinely fear of not being able ot see this journey to the end it deserves for one reason or another. That's the worst thing with such long running series, the longer they run, the higher the stakes are of the worst case scenarios happening.

:crocusuh::pepemy::emohiyo::josad::neesama:
Oda is indeed rushing the story but it will still take long before it finishes. Why? Because while he rushes the fights and off panels the hell out of them, rushing the important hints about the history and One Piece, he is also adding elements that we don't need like a prostitute looking for her rat, countless panels of people messing around, he'll do that with Elbaf and the giants, he'll do that in the final war. The only arc that might be a straight up war might be Luffy and his crew vs BB and his crew.

Oda is indeed rushing the story but it will still take long before it finishes. Why? Because while he rushes the fights and off panels the hell out of them, rushing the important hints about the history and One Piece, he is also adding elements that we don't need like a prostitute looking for her rat, countless panels of people messing around, he'll do that with Elbaf and the giants, he'll do that in the final war. The only arc that might be a straight up war might be Luffy and his crew vs BB and his crew.
Because Oda prefers drawing stuff like that over fight scenes

I don't know why the fandom doesn't understand this.

G

Gorosei Informer

Damn I almost forgot the reason I never played any PvP games or game modes.....
My sanity...
PVP actually ruined gaming and brought out my own toxicity in full force. The stuff I've seen, dealt with personally and heard about with PVP especially in games like Dota 2 makes all the arguments, toxicity, rage and such on here seem blissful by comparison LMAO!

I really prefer PVE and Co-op games, it's just so much better and more fun. There's tryhards who ruins those too but working together with others against more consistent, predictable and "fair" opponents, predetermined and such makes things much more fun and balanced.

There's always something like Gunfire Reborn, KIlling Floor or Left 4 Dead too for example for co-op gaming but also more of a challenge as well.

Absolutely brilliant and hilarious stuff can happen in PVP but it feels like trying to find a diamond in the rough, a needle in the haystack maybe. But some games like the Advance Wars community have a really chill PVP and community due to their nature/style as well as far as I know, except for that one literal psycho killer who caused such a bad stain for the community lol.

With Oda’s tendency to add stuff, I doubt 3 to even 5 years is realistic. There was no way it should have taken a year for Luffy to climb to the rooftop :shame:
Yeah that was absolutely absurd but we did get an explanation for that recently funnily enough. Oda was requested by the editors or something to add something momentous for the 1000th chapter and Oda admitted he didn't plan anything for it so he had to improvise something and that must have been why he was stalling like that for so long.
He admitted it happened around chapter 980, when they were discussing chapter 1000 too.

At least I'm assuming that's why things played out why they did too ofc?

:zorothink:

Actually, after watching United it's more like
Holy fuck this is dark and tragic lol.

(Flashbacks to the Seven Pounds movie too, which I need to rewatch)

:luchosop::shame::risitasad::pepestrike:

Zoro confirmed to crossover into Bleach after all!? Zoro for the new Bleach arc?! Also I really do love that King of Hell moniker for him, so badass and finally he has a King title after defeating "a "King" too!

The Kingship theming of this arc that I believe Morj discussed and was part of his reasoning for this arc being based around CoC is really profound imo, I do love what Oda has been doing with that. I wonder if Beckmann and Shiryuu will also have some kind of king theme too?

:crazwhat:

Exactly, long running shonen manga is inhumane. Honestly, that’s why I’m very forgiving/lenient to writing flaws, etc just because I know how impossible it is to keep up writing and drawing a weekly manga for this long. I just pray Oda is healthy enough to draw the ending. I think it’ll be 8-10 more years given how things are set up now.

Maybe that’s a video discussion idea for your channel :shocking:
Preach! That's bang on! @Bango🍅 on even!

:gokulaugh::goyea:

Seriously though, that is a great point. Writing such a long running, complex, massive series must be extremely stressful and an immense burden too. He is partially responsible as he keeps expanding the story and lore so much and dragging things out, but I do wonder how much actual pressure he's under from editors and such and thus how much he might be getting forced to do so? Milk their biggest success cash cow as much as possible after all?

I really want Oda to be able to finish what he started and ideally on his own terms, to finish the journey triumphantly and properly, not rushed and thus prematurely and against his own will and ambitions. I really do genuinely worry for him.

Ahaha, I would probably make up an hour long video at least and 3/4 of it would just be ranting maybe! Hahahaha! Thanks though, that is a great suggestion seriously and I definitely would LOVE to discuss it! I'll definitely consider it!

:cheers::fujilaugh::cantseeme::saden:
:lulz:

That's very true, you are so right! He has been adding a LOT of pointless filler this arc and also back at WCI and Dressrosa but maybe here the most especially? It does feel like he's stalling or as I said to a friend, writing with ADHD which wouldn't be surprising for him and I don't mean that in a bad way either, ADHD people can be very gifted/smart too ofc. I have it as well but less on the intelligent side though.

:ihaha::hapnoel::robinsweat::vistalaugh::rolaugh:

Seriously though, I worry Elbaf will be dragged out as this arc and such. There's no way it will be skipped but I rather it be a breather, chill, adventure, fun arc like Zou and Skypeia for example. Zou and Skypeia are kinda similar too thematically funnily enough lol.

Oda's pacing and writing has been very scattershot as someone on here said recently. The pacing has been so erratic and Oda milked Big Mom going to Udon for ages and before, her chasing the SHs at WCI and screaming wedding cake for AGES too ofc. Also all these reworked and blatantly made worse, exaggerated, ruined, awful gifter designs and such.
Also the Tama stuff and Nami and Usopp vs Ulti and Page One and so on ofc.

It's quite bitter and ironic that the Rooftop chapters were not originally planned and were improvised very last minute and ended up being the absolute highlight of Wano/Onigashima and way better than the rest of the arc generally, much like how the outside Wano chapters and the unfairly shortend Reverie arc were way better than recent major arcs and even the post TS itself generally too.

Completely agree anyway unfortunately. I can already see Loki serving another Orochi l type role for example as well as Wapol and Foxy and whoever else, seems like he might be another goofy major villain and I think he would make the perfect opponent for Usopp or and Nami for certain reasons but I really don't want another dragged out, over lengthy arc like Dressrosa and Wano ever again, especially another MASSIVELY hyped and long awaited arc like Wano was BUT Elbaf has been hyped up and setup for even longer than Wano has which is even more worrying!

TBF, I can see Oda adding that geisha subplot in to make Queen more of a foil to Sanji. Its just adding it in during the climax of a fight and having Queen turn his attention to her made him look like an absolute moron.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
PVP actually ruined gaming and brought out my own toxicity in full force. The stuff I've seen, dealt with personally and heard about with PVP especially in games like Dota 2 makes all the arguments, toxicity, rage and such on here seem blissful by comparison LMAO!

I really prefer PVE and Co-op games, it's just so much better and more fun. There's tryhards who ruins those too but working together with others against more consistent, predictable and "fair" opponents, predetermined and such makes things much more fun and balanced.

There's always something like Gunfire Reborn, KIlling Floor or Left 4 Dead too for example for co-op gaming but also more of a challenge as well.

Absolutely brilliant and hilarious stuff can happen in PVP but it feels like trying to find a diamond in the rough, a needle in the haystack maybe. But some games like the Advance Wars community have a really chill PVP and community due to their nature/style as well as far as I know, except for that one literal psycho killer who caused such a bad stain for the community lol.

Yeah that was absolutely absurd but we did get an explanation for that recently funnily enough. Oda was requested by the editors or something to add something momentous for the 1000th chapter and Oda admitted he didn't plan anything for it so he had to improvise something and that must have been why he was stalling like that for so long.
He admitted it happened around chapter 980, when they were discussing chapter 1000 too.

At least I'm assuming that's why things played out why they did too ofc?

:zorothink:

Holy fuck this is dark and tragic lol.

(Flashbacks to the Seven Pounds movie too, which I need to rewatch)

:luchosop::shame::risitasad::pepestrike:

Zoro confirmed to crossover into Bleach after all!? Zoro for the new Bleach arc?! Also I really do love that King of Hell moniker for him, so badass and finally he has a King title after defeating "a "King" too!

The Kingship theming of this arc that I believe Morj discussed and was part of his reasoning for this arc being based around CoC is really profound imo, I do love what Oda has been doing with that. I wonder if Beckmann and Shiryuu will also have some kind of king theme too?

:crazwhat:

Preach! That's bang on! @Bango🍅 on even!

:gokulaugh::goyea:

Seriously though, that is a great point. Writing such a long running, complex, massive series must be extremely stressful and an immense burden too. He is partially responsible as he keeps expanding the story and lore so much and dragging things out, but I do wonder how much actual pressure he's under from editors and such and thus how much he might be getting forced to do so? Milk their biggest success cash cow as much as possible after all?

I really want Oda to be able to finish what he started and ideally on his own terms, to finish the journey triumphantly and properly, not rushed and thus prematurely and against his own will and ambitions. I really do genuinely worry for him.

Ahaha, I would probably make up an hour long video at least and 3/4 of it would just be ranting maybe! Hahahaha! Thanks though, that is a great suggestion seriously and I definitely would LOVE to discuss it! I'll definitely consider it!

:cheers::fujilaugh::cantseeme::saden:
:lulz:

That's very true, you are so right! He has been adding a LOT of pointless filler this arc and also back at WCI and Dressrosa but maybe here the most especially? It does feel like he's stalling or as I said to a friend, writing with ADHD which wouldn't be surprising for him and I don't mean that in a bad way either, ADHD people can be very gifted/smart too ofc. I have it as well but less on the intelligent side though.

:ihaha::hapnoel::robinsweat::vistalaugh::rolaugh:

Seriously though, I worry Elbaf will be dragged out as this arc and such. There's no way it will be skipped but I rather it be a breather, chill, adventure, fun arc like Zou and Skypeia for example. Zou and Skypeia are kinda similar too thematically funnily enough lol.

Oda's pacing and writing has been very scattershot as someone on here said recently. The pacing has been so erratic and Oda milked Big Mom going to Udon for ages and before, her chasing the SHs at WCI and screaming wedding cake for AGES too ofc. Also all these reworked and blatantly made worse, exaggerated, ruined, awful gifter designs and such.
Also the Tama stuff and Nami and Usopp vs Ulti and Page One and so on ofc.

It's quite bitter and ironic that the Rooftop chapters were not originally planned and were improvised very last minute and ended up being the absolute highlight of Wano/Onigashima and way better than the rest of the arc generally, much like how the outside Wano chapters and the unfairly shortend Reverie arc were way better than recent major arcs and even the post TS itself generally too.

Completely agree anyway unfortunately. I can already see Loki serving another Orochi l type role for example as well as Wapol and Foxy and whoever else, seems like he might be another goofy major villain and I think he would make the perfect opponent for Usopp or and Nami for certain reasons but I really don't want another dragged out, over lengthy arc like Dressrosa and Wano ever again, especially another MASSIVELY hyped and long awaited arc like Wano was BUT Elbaf has been hyped up and setup for even longer than Wano has which is even more worrying!
Breathe my friend.

1037: determinant
The chapter finally begins with a look at Smoothie and the Big Mom Pirates of Onigashima. Apparently they were already there somehow, but they were lying low. But with all the chaos and the announcement that kaidos Calamitys and tobi roppo are down, they think it's time to act.

The scene changes to kidd and law fighting Big Mom. They use their secondary awakening ability.
It still fails and law tries to come up with a plan, they are on a losing road. However jimbe arrives on the scene to help law and kidd.

We skip and see killer fighting fodder. He actually spots Robin and brook.
Drake is still conscious, but is seriously injured. He was defeated by the cp0 leader and another member of cp0 when the appo left him.

You can see the other two members of cp0 members catch up with Brook and Robin. One attempts to attack Brook and we see that killer intercepted. He and Brook both decide to join forces and fight the members.

Transition to Hyori meeting Zoro. She monolgues "Help your Captain who knows he still wants to fight to save Wano"

We're also see another scene where Chopper is finally back to normal and trying to heal the sanji. Chopper said that he reverse-engineered the mink's healing ball used in Zoro, so that you won't sustain damage as an after affect, but made it not as potent in healing, so sanji will only be partially healed. Chopper “Sanji is please wake up. Robin needs help.

Cutaway: out of the capital. We see a small boat rolling on the shore. The figure walks out of the boat (there are a total of 5 silhouette figures). Two of them say they have detected a problem on an island in the sky. They both fly up to the sky (as if they were supermen)

Citizen: “Those two are flying… … On an island in the sky? Why is Kaidos Island in our skies?

The Two characters with silhouettes arrive. One attack the cp0 leader trying to kill xdrake, the other attack smoothie and other big-hearted pirates.

The final scene is a double spread panel of silhouette characters revealed to be Coby and Boa Hancock (boa battle smoothie 1v1, coby attacking cp0 leader reflecting sword vs shield). The double spread involves a huge scene where Luffy is talking yo kaido saying thay he has to live up to expectations as many people trust him and being the Pirate King means not only being the freest person but also making persons you choose equally free

Last edited:
Because Oda prefers drawing stuff like that over fight scenes

I don't know why the fandom doesn't understand this.
No I understand that perfectly, he was always doing it back then already.
But the problem is that we have a lot more crew's members and a lot more characters involved in one arc, especially a big war like this one. So I think he should slow down on it and focus more on other things.

G

Gorosei Informer

This post is so true. Sometimes I wonder what Oda is thinking when he writes this unnecessary crap.
I thought it was a beautiful parallel with Sanji's backstory but I can understand why people dislike or even hate it too. Given how much this arc is being dragged out, maybe it's better he didn't include it? But I MUCH prefer it to the Big Mom spending forever going to Udon, the Ulti and Page one vs Nami and Usopp, the Tama stuff and gifters and so on.

Details like this make it a little better too imo:

For some odd reason that won't preview even though it's meant to, so here:

Trivia: There is a reason why geisha Osome's pet is a mouse. Osome (お染) means "dye". About 200 years ago, geishas in Fukagawa region were known to wear a gray-"dyed" kimono. Its color was called Fukagawa Mouse (深川鼠). Oda's research skill is amazing.

Post automatically merged:

Why they gotta hype the chapter so damn early if they aren’t gonna release the spoilers early?!

They've got the same fetish for baiting us that Oda has, they have learned his ways, learned the ways of the master baiter.

:saden::ihaha::hapnoel::smoothieduck:

Status
Not open for further replies.