What has awakened that the Gorosei are talking about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Major difference: LotR is almost perfectly written and has no asspull cop-outs.

It may not be GoT in terms of death frequency, but Tolkin also never wrote fake death scenes for his characters (Gandalf's "death" and "resurrection" is perfectly explained in terms of lore) and let the few main characters he wrote death scenes for actually die (Boromir, Theoden, Denethor, Saruman, Grima, Gollum).

Not to mention that the Silmarillion (prequel) is actually way darker and more bittersweet than Oda could ever write.

Oda pulls out his bs fake tension and fake death scenes over and over again.

Plain and simple: Bad writing.
Thats a pretty reductive way of looking at it. How is Gandolf's fake death scene any different from Jinbe acting as the vanguard for a Luffy? Both show up last minute to take part in a major battle after saving the main chsracter. Lore wise, it ALSO makes sense why Jinbe and his crew helped everyone get away.

Fishman controlling currents has been explained in lore. She literally says they sunk her ships. When was Germa used as fake death cop outs? See how you set yourself up for expectation that isn't there?

As far as we are concerned, Pedro is dead, propelled which is exactly the consequence you were looking for. This manga isnt a bloodbath. It never was built as one.

BM was right in their face, totally pissed off and had Prometheus to ride on. Oven was still fine and we saw him cooking the entire water and making all fishmen basically useless and unable to do anything.

Yet somehow the entire Germa gets away on their snail castle (lmfao) unscathed and fine.

It's peak idiocy.

I really don't stand how one can not feel dumb defending that kind of writing.
Well Germa is a collection of a bunch of snails so Oda can just say “a third of the snails were destroyed” and thats it… But of course all the vinsmokes are fine

So now you have no ground to stand on and basically just say "deal with it" when I perfectly outlined to you why everything that happened at the end of WCI makes no sense with a pissed-off BM, Oven (who we saw making the fishmen useless earlier) and Smoothie etc. being right there?

Lmao, that's a strategy I guess.
Literally examined it in my last sentence. The fuck can devil fruit users do Fishman underwater outside of Oven who was bring attacked by Aladdin last we saw him?

Thats a pretty reductive way of looking at it. How is Gandolf's fake death scene any different from Jinbe acting as the vanguard for a Luffy? Both show up last minute to take part in a major battle after saving the main chsracter. Lore wise, it ALSO makes sense why Jinbe and his crew helped everyone get away.

Fishman controlling currents has been explained in lore. She literally says they sunk her ships. When was Germa used as fake death cop outs? See how you set yourself up for expectation that isn't there?

As far as we are concerned, Pedro is dead, propelled which is exactly the consequence you were looking for. This manga isnt a bloodbath. It never was built as one.
You are right.

This is a Shounen manga.

You guys want a bloodbath go read Seinen mangas.

Tell me you didn't read or watch LotR by not telling you read/watched it lmfao.

1) It's Gandalf, not Gandolf.

2) He never "showed up last minute to a battle and saved the main character".

3) He is a Maia, an angelic being basically. He can't die. His mortal shell was destroyed but got sent back by the Valar.

Him dying in Moria was a perfect scene and his return was both surprising, well explained and a one-time thing.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Tell me you didn't read or watch LotR by not telling you read/watched it lmfao.

1) It's Gandalf, not Gandolf.

2) He never "showed up last minute to a battle and saved the main character".

3) He is a Maia, an angelic being basically. He can't die. His mortal shell was destroyed but got sent back by the Valar.

Him dying in Moria was a perfect scene and his return was both surprising, well explained and a one-time thing.
Oh, god:kobeha:

Literally examined it in my last sentence. The fuck can devil fruit users do Fishman underwater outside of Oven who was bring attacked by Aladdin last we saw him?
Daifuku can attack from a range with his genie, and it was even shown that his can create big ranged slashes. Perospero can use ranged attacks. Smoothie can launch huge ranged slashes. BM also has plenty of ranged attacks. Not to mention that BM also had like 100k soldiers who can fire at the fishman. It definitely doesn’t make sense for BOTH the Sun Pirates and Germa to have escaped. Maybe if one sacrificed themselves to let the other escape, but that didn’t happen

I mean, doesnt that ACTUALLY make sense? Germa literally could sacrifice ships and soldiers. Their army quite literally DIES for them.
I mean whatever… If One piece was like GoT where loss of fodder numbers affects people then fine… But it doesnt

and it kinda sucks especially for Germa because its implied that Germa losing their territory in north blue is a big deal to them… yet i doubt them losing even their artificial territory will ever matter at all

Like imagine if this entire Germa cover story would be about them regain their lost territory and manpower… Like we go to maybe the island where these giant snails are born and bred… And then we go to an island that has materials the germa require to make more clones for their army… Imagine if Oda dedicated a significant world building section to JUST Germa replenishing theie resources like this… IMAGINE

but nahhhhh I bet it wont even be addressed that the Germa lost anything in this Big mom business

You are aware there is a middle ground between bloodbath and Adamantium plated plot armor right?
Those guys are not ready to accept it.

If you break it to them that OP has a ton of issues in terms of storywriting, you somehow attack their own self-image.

They're way too invested in it and project way too much of their own well-being on OP being "perfect" (which it isn't - far from it actually).

Status
Not open for further replies.