What has awakened that the Gorosei are talking about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody says that there is nothing special about Luffy. We just say Luffy is a very simple character on surface with lots if layers within him.
:kobeha:
Nor do we say he doesn’t have any exceptional family member. Everyone knows Dragon and Garp were revealed to be his family members early in the manga. Luffy makes his own path despite their reputation. Oda also made this distinctly clear by giving three different path to each of them. Navy, Revolution and Piracy.

Luffy till now hasn’t been any prophecy, regardless of this Luffy is the guy who makes his own destiny due to tha path which he chooses. Every single island they visited has been the decision of Luffy.

About Luffy have shittiest devil fruit, its no news Luffy’s devil fruit was subpar, he wouldn’t even punch attack anyone without getting a recoil. He learned to control his df and actually make it useful by creating gears.
In conclusion whole meme is cope.

That troll attack wasnt something that was natural though, he didnt overwhelm him immediately as well. It took a some time before that troll G3 overpowered Luffy's G3.
What’s Un-natural about it?? We saw him enhancing the size of attacks long before he was trolling luffy G3.... He does so literally to trap luffy initially at the wedding. There’s nothing unique about it, Kata trolling noticeable superior to G3 factually.

That’s more so the technique requiring momentum, then an actual clash. Let’s get this straight those attacks weren’t comparable at all, G3 was completely trashed. Which heavily goes against the suggestion “PM”, an attack that should be noticeable above Kata trolling G3 lvl. Since Awakening clearly been implied stronger then ur base arsenal. This is just gross scaling imo that common with Kata.
At best you can say Power Mochi is slightly stronger than EG.
Nope doesn’t make any logical sense imo!! the implication was Kata troll G3, vastly superior to Luffy Not marginally.

Ur basically suggesting there’s no difference, or a marginal difference between trolling Kata. An his most powerful awakening attack!!! Doesn’t make a lick of sense imo.... That moment was never about luffy blocking Power mochi. It was about him reacting to what Kata was doing before hand(basically unlocking FS).
If the EG wasnt there, Power Mochi wouldve directly impacted on Luffy there, it wasnt gonna be boosted anymore in AP by any other mechanism.
It barely even gains momentum... what exactly do u mean it’s not going to be boosted. The anime showed Kata G3 pretty while.
And PM was never shown to be G4 lvl or anything, in fact being able to spam so many G4 lvl attacks is broken as fuck. Definitely not the case.
Well here ur just making stuff up. “PM” was never shown not G4 lvl to begin with!!! It’s just at that time nobody was allowed to have G4 AP. Whereas now anybody can have G4 AP. See king/Sanji as prime examples. Kata never directly clashed with G4, an him not doing so doesn’t suggest his AP below.
Also Kata base AP never overpowered Snakeman IIRC, it was Block Mochi again which has superior armament. I maybe wrong though need to check scans.
block mochi isn’t a form tho lol.... He’s in base when using said haki, an can apparently apply haki directly to his awakening. So again there’s no world in which Kata trolling even comparable to normal “PM”, let alone the amp G3 version.

Imo, his AP is underrated but it is not G4 level at all. At best, Zangiri Mochi was paralleled with King Cobra.
If we use current scaling why not?? King apparently KKG lvl for doing a feat not even directly comparable to KKG or nearly as impressive. It’s all a matter of perspective since PM & G4 never clash directly.

But to claim his AP G3 lvl just weird an wrong. His normal fist enhanced with max CoA already G3+. Why would the logical assumption be his awakening Attacks are weaker?? Or even comparable for that matter....

Last edited:
Nobody says that there is nothing special about Luffy. We just say Luffy is a very simple character on surface with lots if layers within him.
:kobeha:
Nor do we say he doesn’t have any exceptional family member. Everyone knows Dragon and Garp were revealed to be his family members early in the manga. Luffy makes his own path despite their reputation. Oda also made this distinctly clear by giving three different path to each of them. Navy, Revolutionary and Pirate.

Luffy till now hasn’t been any prophecy, regardless of this Luffy is the guy who makes his own destiny due to tha path which he chooses. Every single island they visited has been the decision of Luffy.
Luffy is the prophecy boy idk what are you smoking to deny it.

what if i say... hana hana no mi is actually not paramecia it's actually mythical zoan model: kannon
and once it's awakened, it's actually the ancient weapon uranus..

- kannon is identic to flower.. especially lotus flower, which is very similar to hana hana no mi apperance
- kannon other name is "Mother of the Seventy Million [Buddhas]" (Chinese: 七俱胝佛母)
- robin is 7th member, uranus is the 7th planet in solar system
- ancient weapon is introduced during water 7 arc, CP9 mission is to get pluton blueprint from iceberg/franky but they failed. In the end they did reveal their identity anyway.. just to capture nico robin.. why? because they got other ancient weapon.

A part of the reason why we don't enjoy Oda's writings as much as we do is that we're way too used to his style and can pretty much already see how he's gonna handle the arc even before it started. The man needs to change his formula.
To me, OP will always be comfort food and I get what I expect. But what i expect is good entertainment value and satisfaction with the world building, two things I've always gotten with this series. While I don't think he'll change it up drastically, I do think the final arc (multiple arcs mind you) stuff is getting to things he's been wanting to get two for years. You have revelations about:

- Shanks and Blackbeard. Far older and far more built up than Kaido/BM or tied to the MC
- Dragon and his motives
- Vegapunk and Kuma
- Mihawk
- Akainu and his Marines
- Im and the World Government
- One Piece and the Void Century

And more. It's what a lot of people in general want to see. Personally I love Wano, but I enjoy all OP arcs and generally don't have scathing criticisms for it either, outside of maybe meaningful deaths.

To me, OP will always be comfort food and I get what I expect. But what i expect is good entertainment value and satisfaction with the world building, two things I've always gotten with this series. While I don't think he'll change it up drastically, I do think the final arc stuff is getting to things he's been wanting to get two for years. You have revelations about:

- Shanks and Blackbeard. Far older and far more built up than Kaido/BM or tied to the MC
- Dragon and his motives
- Vegapunk and Kuma
- Mihawk
- Akainu and his Marines
- Im and the World Government
- One Piece and the Void Century

And more. It's what a lot of people in general want to see. Personally I love Wano, but I enjoy all OP arcs and generally don't have scathing criticisms for it either, outside of maybe meaningful deaths.
I agree that the world-building/lore is the most appealing aspect of current One Piece but people seem to forget that in the pre time skip the world building didn’t really start getting good until post Enies Lobby.

Early One Piece was carried by its sense of adventure and heartfelt/intense character moments, not by its world building.

And on the topic of world-building/lore I’m starting to lose confidence that the resolution to the vast majority of plot lines and mysteries will be satisfying.

Luffy went from being 1 shot by Thunder Bagua and a single ACoC Ragnorak attack to casually tanking ACoC attacks+many other named attacks from Kaido

I suppose when you get your ass whooped enough you suddenly gain immense durability and endurance…..smfh
Or maybe Luffy actually trained his ass off and fought stronger opponents to control his haki unlike a certain cook whose only contribution till Wano was baking a cake and merely defeating a nerfed fat clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.