Fanclub Eustass "Captain" Kid FC

I have finally come to terms with the fact that Oda doesn’t care about Kid

it’s sad
I disagree. I would be surprised if Oda didn’t care at all about him considering he had easily the greatest hype around his introduction of all the super rookies, has CoC and a rival relationship with Luffy, was given an obvious future plot line with Shanks, and is being set up to take down an Emperor lol. Not to mention the quotes he himself has given about Kids importance in the story.

Always remember that in every arc in NW Oda has made sure to give us an update on what he’s doing.

Fishman island- We find out he’s been being a pain in the ass to BM and is sinking her ships

Punk Hazard - When Luffy makes an alliance, Kidd is shown to make his own alliance

Dressrosa - We find out Shanks is his alliances target

Zou - Kaido falls onto his base and he gets imprisoned

WCI - We find out he invaded her territory at some point

Wano - His first arc in NW that he actually has an onscreen role and his rival relationship with Luffy is as strong as ever and he’s set to take down Big Mom.

Though Kidd hasn’t had too much screen time in NW, just remember that Ida has always made sure to tell us what he’s up too even in arcs he plays no role in. Wano is first arc where he has an on screen role. Let’s see what happens.
(And the funny thing is, I am almost certain that Wano isn’t even meant to be the main “Kidd shine” arc. I guarantee that will be whatever focuses on Shanks. Wano is Kidds Punk Hazard arc. Just an arc to hype him up like what PH did for Law. The Shanks arc will be Kidds Dresrossa where he gets backstory.)

Last edited:

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
I disagree. I would be surprised if Oda didn’t care at all about him considering he had easily the greatest hype around his introduction of all the super rookies, has CoC and a rival relationship with Luffy, was given an obvious future plot line with Shanks, and is being set up to take down an Emperor lol. Not to mention the quotes he himself has given about Kids importance in the story.

Always remember that in every arc in NW Oda has made sure to give us an update on what he’s doing.

Fishman island- We find out he’s been being a pain in the ass to BM and is sinking her ships

Punk Hazard - When Luffy makes an alliance, Kidd is shown to make his own alliance

Zou - Kaido falls onto his bad and he gets imprisoned

Wano - His first arc in NW that he actually has an onscreen role and his rival relationship with Luffy is as strong as ever and he’s set to take down Big Mom.

Though Kidd hasn’t had too much screen time in NW, just remember that Ida has always made sure to tell us what he’s up too even in arcs he plays no role in. Wano is first arc where he has an on screen role. Let’s see what happens.
(And the funny thing is, I am almost certain that Wano isn’t even meant to be the main “Kidd shine” arc. I guarantee that will be whatever focuses on Shanks. Wano is Kidds Punk Hazard arc. Just an arc to hype him up like what PH did for Law. The Shanks arc will be Kidds Dresrossa where he gets backstory.)
Absolutely agree.

But can we addtionaly highlight how Kid and Killer are a team since early childhood? It would be like Luffy and Ace would be in the same crew.
If we get to know what happened to Shiruton?

Absolutely agree.

But can we addtionaly highlight how Kid and Killer are a team since early childhood? It would be like Luffy and Ace would be in the same crew.
If we get to know what happened to Shiruton?
Kidd even having a right hand like Killer is a privilege no other supernova besides Luffy has. You could easily make the argument that the Kidd pirates are the most powerful non Yonko/SH crew.

My headcanon is Shiruton still lives on the island Kidd and Killer grew up on and she’s waiting for them to return or something lol

Last edited:

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Kidd even having a right hand like Killer is a privilege no other supernova besides Luffy has. You could easily make the argument that the Kidd pirates are the most power non Yonko/SH crew.

My headcanon is Shiruton still lives on the island Kidd and Killer grew up on and she’s waiting for them to return or something lol
What if she died and Big Mum had something what was hers?
The heck, what if she was a daugther of Linlin, and she killed her own daughter? We got get delivered a backstory right in place when Law leaves.

But yeah, Kid and Killer are a great duo. Just remember how the whole crew laughed with killer to make him not feel uncomfortable. Thats a level of friendship no other crew has shown. Not even all strawhats would follow that laughing.

What if she died and Big Mum had something what was hers?
The heck, what if she was a daugther of Linlin, and she killed her own daughter? We got get delivered a backstory right in place when Law leaves.
If someone killed her I would bet on it being Shanks actually tbh. It seems like Shanks is being built to be to Kidd what Blackbeard is to Luffy.

So Shanks would be kinda Itachi and Kid Sasuke?
Do you really expect Shanks to have killed someone? Wouldnt that destroy Luffys relationship to him?
Well tbf I don’t actually think anyone killed Shiruton, but hypothetically if someone did I think it’d be Shanks.

Kidd obviously has some type of hatred towards Shanks. Even before he lost his arm in his battle against Shanks, why were they fighting in the first place? I doubt that Kidd’s only grudge against Shanks is that he lost his arm to him tbh. Big Mom on the other hand, Kidd has shown no hatred or grudge against her. He sunk her ships, but that just seems like something Kidd would do on a whim because he doesn’t give a shit lol. And he raided her territory to steal something not to target her. And when they meet in Wano, he doesn’t seem to hate her.

Luffy and Kidds different relationships with Shanks is clearly intentional and just one of many other parallels between the two rivals. Luffy looks up to Shanks, Kidd hates Shanks. Shanks gave his arm for Luffy, Shanks took Kidds arm. Shanks taught Luffy to ignore people who laugh at you, Kidd kills people who laugh at him.

After seeing that Shanks has a connection with the gorosei and that it’s been stated that Shanks is ruthless to cocky rookies, It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Shanks isn’t a 100% pure good guy. And Kidd would the perfect character to give us insight on that “bad side” since Luffy gives us insight in the good part.

Luffy has interacted with every Yonko in NW except Shanks and Kidd has interacted with all the Yonko in NW except Blackbeard. Remember this because I think it’s important.

Zou - Kaido falls onto his base and he gets imprisoned

I hope he does

but I've started to just not expect too much from Oda
Post automatically merged:

Like I feel like Oda really dropped the ball with big mom in wano

I hope he does

but I've started to just not expect too much from Oda

Like I feel like Oda really dropped the ball with big mom in wano
We’ll see how the Big Mlom fight gets handled from here on out. The underling fights are done so there should be no reason to stay away from it too long.

Truth be told it’s been pissing me off how we’ve been getting so little from it. Tired of these stupid panels of Kidd and Law standing in front of BM while she’s laughing and then we go away from the fight for 5 chapters lol

But I’m not too worried… yet. Mainly because plot points that obviously should be hit in this fight haven’t been hit yet. We should learn what Kidd stole from BMs territory. And CoC should also play a role in the fight. I think the fight will get more focus from here on out imo.

We’ll see how the Big Mlom fight gets handled from here on out. The underling fights are done so there should be no reason to stay away from it too long.

Truth be told it’s been pissing me off how we’ve been getting so little from it. Tired of these stupid panels of Kidd and Law standing in front of BM while she’s laughing and then we go away from the fight for 5 chapters lol

But I’m not too worried… yet. Mainly because plot points that obviously should be hit in this fight haven’t been hit yet. We should learn what Kidd stole from BMs territory. And CoC should also play a role in the fight. I think the fight will get more focus now imo.
Its hard for me to expect things from this fight when Oda fails to treat big mom like a real antagonist and uses her as a plot device instead.

Ways in which Oda perpetually removes any tension big mom's presence creates:
  • her mental breakdown during the tea party
  • her eating disorder episode subsequently after
  • getting knocked off the waterfall by king and turned into O-Lin
  • mothering mode
Like Oda could write big mom slipping on a banana peel and having a stroke in the middle of her fight and it would be 100% consistent with the way he's written her so far

Its hard for me to expect things from this fight when Oda fails to treat big mom like a real antagonist and uses her as a plot device instead.

Ways in which Oda perpetually removes any tension big mom's presence creates:
  • her mental breakdown during the tea party
  • her eating disorder episode subsequently after
  • getting knocked off the waterfall by king and turned into O-Lin
  • mothering mode
Like Oda could write big mom slipping on a banana peel and having a stroke in the middle of her fight and it would be 100% consistent with the way he's written her so far
That’s fair. All I know is that if the way Kidd wins is by some lame shit like throwing her off Onigashima I’m gonna be pissed lmao. I’m honestly expecting a beat down into a permanent Olin.

G

Gorosei Informer

i'd say this

LMAO these responses, love it! I laughed so hard/much I hiccuped too!

I've spoken to Bogard and it is happening! Making final arrangements later today and I think you are one of the people who makes themes right @Worst ? I was betting it would you guys very happy to find out, it was gonna be a surprise but I was too excited to tell you guys hahaha!

Pantheos finally gets his dream come true too as well as all of you too ofc! And myself included naturally!

:cheers::kata::funky::kailaugh:

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
LMAO these responses, love it! I laughed so hard/much I hiccuped too!

I've spoken to Bogard and it is happening! Making final arrangements later today and I think you are one of the people who makes themes right @Worst ? I was betting it would you guys very happy to find out, it was gonna be a surprise but I was too excited to tell you guys hahaha!

Pantheos finally gets his dream come true too as well as all of you too ofc! And myself included naturally!

:cheers::kata::funky::kailaugh:
Honestly, Bogard literaly asked if this was my play through you. :kailaugh: :kailaugh: