Questions & Mysteries What is the fruit gorosei was talking about?...

Whose fruit it is

• Total voters
Interestingly the conversation about DF came in the talk among gorosei....let us see....

In wano, let us take all the things related to devil fruits.....

1. Gomu gomu no mi: this was mentioned by who's who and his grudge against Shanks because Shanks stole this fruit and WG punished who's who for this thing. I am damn sure WG put some importance (if it really matters), it may not be related to some damn OP awakening or anything. Besides, this fruit was confirmed to be inferior to Katakuri mochi fruit and also Oda himself said that he chose gomu gomu no mi for main protagonist because he doesn't want his protagonist to be so strong from the start with cool powers and all..(didn't remember the sbs exactly)....
  2. Fish fish fruit: This also one of the top contenders. Momo has same fruit as Kaido which was deemed failure by Vegapunk. Even CP0 discussed particularly about this devil fruit. Fish fish fruit does have a high chance to be an alternative name and probably Kaido was called WSC because of this fruit potential after awakening.
  3. Kid's devil fruit: Kid along with Law has shown awakening in this arc. As Kid has not shown adCoC (yet) and if Oda wants to make Kid relevant and powerful without having advanced haki, then only way is by having OP awakening stats. Given the conversation between Law and Kid, it seems like Kid didn't reveal all the cards related to his awakening.
  4. Yamato DF: Kaido once mentioned that he didn't intend to let Yamato have whatever DF she had right now. So it is also possible that this DF is more special than we have thought.

Bonus: BigMom devil fruit, Zuneisha

There is no way it is Law DF because it has already been discussed in dressrosa and we have already seen how awakening works (?).

Troll option: Tama fruit (TKK courtesy: @Akai2 )......

Some tags: @uyuu @ConquistadoR @Echizen_Jo_Ndule @Tyki_Mikk @Sentinel @MonsterKaido @Bogard @Pantheos @Natalija etc.....

Tama is actually a legit option now even though I don't want it to be her-

1) Kibi Dango seems like a very loose term for something which can tame/enslave someone

2) This df could potentially have never left Wano, which could make it a "legend" in the elders' eyes

3) It has to do with taming and giving orders to beasts, which fits the bill with what Zunesha has been doing for centuries

4) Tama's background in general has still been left unanswered and the whole plot with the beast pirates wanting her fruit always had that weird feeling of something we didn't get a resolution for.

The end all be all of Law's fruit is literally called the perpetual youth "surgery", which is line with what his fruit is named after (operation - operation no mi).

Wouldn't make any sense for his fruit to warrant a name change.
Actually you wrong here, it was stated that this fruit can do "surgery", but there was words about "National Treasure" and ability to control the world with combination of Ope fruit and Treasure.

Tbh, there are two things i noticed
The Conversation between Gorosei seemed like it was about something they were previously discussing as part of this War, not New Development, there is nothing that shows that they decided to talk about this DF after hearing about Zunisha.
Which brings me to second thing i noticed, WG Agent didn't say an Elephant or even Animal, he said a Shadowy Island.

What my headcanon says is that Gorosei were discussing this DF from the start alongside many other subjects and it's related to an Island DF, i believe that Final Panel is only meant to make us think they are talking about Zunisha, when in reality, they are talking about Onigashima !

This is the reason that Kaidou is worried about the Castle but never about the Skull, even though a Massive War is going under, even though He & Big Mom are going All Out, even though there are Bombs inside & he is gonna crush it on Capital ... etc

Also if you think about it, why would Zunisha come to Wano? What did change now that wasn't present for almost 900 years?
If Zunisha was looking to settle in Wano & it doesn't mind fighting a Huge Fleet, then why didn't it do it before?
I believe it's because this time Onigashima is moving

Just like Momo is destined to replace Kaidou & rule Wano instead of him, i believe that Zunisha was waiting for Return of Onigashima
(Hence why Gorosei said, the DF didn't awaken for a very long time) which is why Zunisha cannot stop & sit in Wano, untill Onigashima is dealt with (This is also hinted at when Marco revealed that Onigashima is a New Name, as it had another Name in the Past which Oda didn't reveal yet)

Actually you wrong here, it was stated that this fruit can do "surgery", but there was words about "National Treasure" and ability to control the world with combination of Ope fruit and Treasure.
I agree that these could be 2 different things, but the way that dialogue flowed heavily implied that Doffy was talking about using this ultimate technique to get hold of the national treasure of Mariejois which could grant him immortality, something that we speculate Imu to already have.

Also, if Law's fruit was this important to the WG, they should've captured him while he was a warlord. Also, everyone should be aware of Law having the op-op no mi, but the elders say that the fruit is a legend to them.

Last edited:
These could still be 2 different things, but the way that dialogue flowed heavily implied that Doffy was talking about using this ultimate technique to get hold of the national treasure of Mariejois which could grant him immortality, something that we speculate Imu to be.

Also, if Law's fruit was this important to the WG, they should've captured him while he was a warlord.
Probably fruit is important, but killing Law wasn't an option for them for unknown reason, maybe there exist some drawback so they just couldn't risk everything.
Ofc I could be wrong here and akuma fruit could be gomu gomu, but we know that it didn't awake, unlike Law's.