Current Events Wano is disasterclass

A character that appeared out of nowhere, had only few pages of screen time, about whom nobody gave a shit back then, about whom nobody gives a shit even now, whose death was completely meaningless.

Imagine if in Marinford there was a character amongst the Whitebeard pirates who is so old that nobody even knows or recognizes him, a character who appeared out of nowhere, a character who has failed to do anything in his entire career, and then he decides to sacrifice his life trying to stop Akainu but gets killed in a meaningless death.

Even this guy about whom nobody remembers–who is still alive though–had a better and more impactful moment than Yasu's meaningless death.

The fact is that nothing in wano has been impactful. One of the issues why nothing has been impactful is the length of wano. The fact is that this arc has the strawhats feeling like filler. Even luffy who is the main character feels like a filler.

O-Tokis prediction of 9 people a.k.a the scabbards standing tall in the end will come true which is saad boring and heavily crippling for any one piece fan.

It's like we are reading a different manga and our favourite characters are appearing in another's show multiverse

It's like we are reading a different manga and our favourite characters are appearing in another's show multiverse
Oh for fucks sake.

Oda literally wanted to make Vivi's childhood friend the third most important character in Alabasta but didn't due to lack of time(One Piece wasn't immune to cancelling back then so Oda was forced to wrap up the arc when he wanted to explore the entire country).

Oda never hid the fact that he loves focusing on side characters. Not sure why the fandom is pretending this is new

Oh for fucks sake.

Oda literally wanted to make Vivi's childhood friend the third most important character in Alabasta but didn't due to lack of time(One Piece wasn't immune to cancelling back then so Oda was forced to wrap up the arc when he wanted to explore the entire country).

Oda never hid the fact that he loves focusing on side characters. Not sure why the fandom is pretending this is new
Stop acting like everything oda wants to do is just or great. It is not. Oda is a genius but an author almost everytime needs an editor. Editors will never get praise.

Expanding on stuff does not make the piece/movie/manga/arc better. Sylvester stallone wanted to buy back rambo because it was 3+ hours long and the main character was talkative. Then they decided to cut back on the talking of the main character and the film went to 3 hours to 1hr and 30 mins i think. Needless to say Rambo was a mega success!

The fact is that nothing in wano has been impactful. One of the issues why nothing has been impactful is the length of wano. The fact is that this arc has the strawhats feeling like filler. Even luffy who is the main character feels like a filler.

O-Tokis prediction of 9 people a.k.a the scabbards standing tall in the end will come true which is saad boring and heavily crippling for any one piece fan.

The problem isn't primarily the length, but the emptiness of the arc. Wano is an empty arc where most of the important plot points are spread in between tens–of–tens of chapters that are completely pointless and irrelevant to the story–to say the least. If you group all the plot that is in Wano, it would be around 30 to 50 chapters depending on how much you wanna explore the points, but nowhere near the 120+ chapters. And the arc is still going on with no sight of ending in the near vicinity... it's an astonishingly stupid arc with one single plot about chosen ones that Oda tries to sell the audience so fucking hard: Luffy is Joy boy a.k.a the sun god Nika, Zoro is Ryoum with a direct bloodline a.k.a his descendant, Momo is the Dragon that has to be the guardian king of Wano, Yamato who thinks that she's the guardian king, Kaido who thinks that he's the Joy Boy + the guardian king. I wouldn't be surprised if more chosen ones popped up in the near future in this goddamned arc.

Last edited:
Oh for fucks sake.

its just a bunch of really stupid kids trying to sound smart. youtubers convinced a generation of ppl that complaining because youre too dumb to understand something means youre actually smart

L
The problem isn't primarily the length, but the emptiness of the arc. Wano is an empty arc where most of the important plot points are spread in between tens–of–tens of chapters that are completely pointless and irrelevant to the story–to say the least. If you group all the plot that is in Wano, it would be around 30 to 50 chapters depending on how much you wanna explore the points, but nowhere near the 120+ chapters. And the arc is still going on with no sight of ending in the near vicinity... it's an astonishingly stupid arc with one single plot about chosen ones that Oda tries to sell the audience so fucking hard: Luffy is Joy boy a.k.a the sun god Nika, Zoro is Ryoum with a direct bloodline a.k.a his descendant, Momo is the Dragon that has to be the guardian king of Wano, Yamato who thinks that she's the guardian king, Kaido who thinks that he's the Joy Boy + the guardian king. I wouldn't be surprised if more chosen ones popped up in the near future in this goddamned arc.
That is the fundamental problem with wano. This problem peaked in wano when kaido did not see luffy as an adversary but expected him to be joyboy which kills any tension that was not even there to begin with. We are just slapped in the face as readers everytime in wano. There is not even a point theorizing anymore since katakuri luffy will show up be severly underqualified to beat someone and then they realize luffy is JOYBOY or whatever high deity luffy is. I have been saying this for a while now.

One piece has lost it's substance

That is the problem with wano. NOTHING REALLY HAPPENS. Much like this recent chapter: RECYCLED BULLSHIT MORE ANCIENT STORY EXPLAINED AND NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENS. For the love of christ I DO NOT FUCKING CARE AND I BET MOST PEOPLE WHO ENJOY ONE PIECE DO NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT EVERY FUCKING DETAIL OF THE ANCIENT HISTORY.
I used to say the same about Marineford.
Made a thread at reddit and got instant lock because of hate comments.

The thing is, they say Marineford setup everything for future of OP and whatnot. But, what have we seen of that future?
Oda promises something, and when the time comes, what do we get? Gifters with head on animal's butt?

For me, Marineford is worse than Wano.

Literally, nothing happened in Marineford.
Ace died, yes, but did Luffy get stronger after timeskip? He spent 2 years training, but all of the powerups came during fighting, right?

Even if you say he learned basics during training then why set the time to 2 years?
Most of the claims are strenghened by influencers or forum owners.
I will make it simple: Their livelihood depend on it. Who want to kill their income source?

I have realized this now because I have started to work and earn myself. Before I was just a teen OP fan. I understand your rage. But you need to accept that they also need to earn. So, dont ignore the economics. Let it be, you should not be concerned about OP. Nothing will change even if you point out the obvious things. Consider how Apple stopped including chargers with the iPhone. They are selling it separately. Everybody knows that they are not doing it for environment, but their iPhones are still selling like crazy.

Did you honestly not expect Chosen one stuff after Whitebeard's speech?

Did you honestly not expect Chosen one stuff after Whitebeard's speech?
I did, as matter of fact I knew since the beginning of one piece that the cliche "chosen one" trope is going to be explored. What I didn't expect, is to see an arc that is all about chosen ones and nothing more, like honestly, tell me one plot point that doesn't involve a chosen one in it? I bet you can't!

I used to say the same about Marineford.
Made a thread at reddit and got instant lock because of hate comments.

The thing is, they say Marineford setup everything for future of OP and whatnot. But, what have we seen of that future?
Oda promises something, and when the time comes, what do we get? Gifters with head on animal's butt?

For me, Marineford is worse than Wano.

Literally, nothing happened in Marineford.
Ace died, yes, but did Luffy get stronger after timeskip? He spent 2 years training, but all of the powerups came during fighting, right?

Even if you say he learned basics during training then why set the time to 2 years?
Most of the claims are strenghened by influencers or forum owners.
I will make it simple: Their livelihood depend on it. Who want to kill their income source?

I have realized this now because I have started to work and earn myself. Before I was just a teen OP fan. I understand your rage. But you need to accept that they also need to earn. So, dont ignore the economics. Let it be, you should not be concerned about OP. Nothing will change even if you point out the obvious things. Consider how Apple stopped including chargers with the iPhone. They are selling it separately. Everybody knows that they are not doing it for environment, but their iPhones are still selling like crazy.
First of all marineford is not worse than wano. Wano is disasterclass the absolute worst of one piece as of now.

Second many people regard marineford as the greatest one piece arc of all time but I always call it midford. The powerscaling was atrocious. Like you said nothing really happened and luffy had an insane amount of plot armor. I always say marineford has only 3 good moments: Luffy V Garp, Ace's Death and Koby standing up to Akainu. The rest was pretty much bleh.

Third i started reading one piece at a time where i was part of the naruto forums and there were a lot of naruto cultists. Nearly all of them called OP garbage and i felt like if i started reading/watching it would be cheating my beloved tribe/series. Plus i was like 14-15 at the time so i did not know better. After i watched/read one piece and experience alabasta and water 7 and enies lobby i was in AWE of the series. Unfortunately after Water 7 the series slowly died and the things i point out that make one piece bad became more and more prevalent.

I do not even know why i'm reading anymore. The fight with Zoro V King left me speechless in a dark pit of despair. Oda will give Mihawk and other characters i have high hopes for the same treatment. I just do not know what I am expecting anymore seriously.

I did, as matter of fact I knew since the beginning of one piece that the cliche "chosen one" trope is going to be explored. What I didn't expect, is to see an arc that is all about chosen ones and nothing more, like honestly, tell me one plot point that doesn't involve a chosen one in it? I bet you can't!
The Smiles
Ice Oni
Perospero's arrogance
The Flying Six
Fukurokuju and Raizo's Rivarly
Kiku's being emotionally weak
Kanjuro's backstory
The Flying Six fights
Sanji Vs Queen
Kidd and Law Vs Big Mom
Killer Vs Hawkins
Drake and Apoo
CP0

The Smiles
Ice Oni
Perospero's arrogance
The Flying Six
Fukurokuju and Raizo's Rivarly
Kiku's being emotionally weak
Kanjuro's backstory
The Flying Six fights
Sanji Vs Queen
Kidd and Law Vs Big Mom
Killer Vs Hawkins
Drake and Apoo
CP0
Those all are side quests to enhance the chosen one/ the messiah is coming plotline.