Current Events Thoughts on these takes regarding Wano and the fandom

Moving this here from the Spoiler Waiting Room because I thought it was interesting enough to warrant a dedicated discussion.

What are your thoughts?

Are their people who really think the flying six fights been good?
I mean what is this shit:
Are these guys reading One piece for the firsttime or something?
Lmao saying wano has the best fights is kinda wrong, pre timeskip fights from Alabasta/EnniesLobby>Wano fights expect the ones who been fighting with Kaido at perhaps King.

The strawhats battle where not really great, except Robin and Zoro battle, the rest where awful.
Morj splitting facts.

Wano:
*Oda fucked up the tension in the raid.Kaido betraying Orochi,Tama plot,Queen turning his soldiers into enemies and other asspulls turned a desperate situation into a walk in the park.Not good.
*Nami and Ussop didn't do shit.Zeus PU is bullshit.Ussop is useless.
*Rooftop was great.The fight against the Yonko has been great.
*Flying six fights felt mehhh.Nothing special.Jinbe vs WhosWho was decent.Numbers getting fodderized was shit too.
*Big Mom pirates are nowhere to be seen.CP0 took damage from Apoo and Xdrake.Zunisha showing up eliminates even more tension.
*Jack and Perospero got fodderized.King didn't get a bounty reveal and didn't show his hybrid.
*Orochi and Kanjuro plot is lame and boring.Fake drama and deaths.Wasted panels and chapters.
At this point i just hope we get all other loose ends to be resolved as soon as possible,so we can focus on Kaido and Big Mom.
Oda should have made the samurai struggle against Kaido's army and then have straw hats+scabbards turn the tides by having them fight Kaido's army(after completing their 1v1).Even CP0 guy said "the hero pieces" would decide this fight.It would have felt much more tense.Instead we got Onigashima about to land on the capital flower and the armory plot.Oda fucked up this arc.We could have seen all Straw Hats get good fights and PU.Big Mom pirates should have landed safely on Wano,but missed the raid anyway because Kaido made the island float.This raid could have felt like a real war if Orochi,Kanjuro,Kinemon and a couple of other characters died and the samurai fought till the bitter end while outnumbered.Gifters and Numbers should have felt like a real threat.Fake deaths and the stuff above turned what could have been one of the greatest arcs in OP an average one IMO.

Last edited:
I am loving all the attention it is getting now @Konstantis We have been saying the same thing for years now. Enjoy the pain that we have suffered already :josad: But I am good now, no need to rant about it, read other mangas. Start Tower of God, it is going great for now. Read Jujutsu Kaisen, Gege won't betray you (constant hype and he delivers!).
I dropped Mid Hero Academia. Bunguo stray dogs has been good, give it a read. D. Gray Man is also awesome. Kingdom :stealthblack:

One Piece is Boruto level now, or even worse :kuzanope:

Last edited:
Man I feel bad for hating on Morj. I have been cursing Morj in every other post. This is the most significant truth and stand that he has taken.

Bro, he was so optimistic that Oda won't betray him, he was hoping that raid would fail, but now considering the length of arc and Kaido vs Luffy, he has lost hope. And his twitter fingers are on fire right now :kailaugh:

Man I feel bad for hating on Morj. I have been cursing Morj in every other post. This is the most significant truth and stand that he has taken.

Bro, he was so optimistic that Oda won't betray him, he was hoping that raid would fail, but now considering the length of arc and Kaido vs Luffy, he has lost hope. And his twitter fingers are on fire right now :kailaugh:
I actually think it's sad when you realize the whole reason he wants the raid to fail is that he thinks Wano is bad.
:josad:

Moving this here from the Spoiler Waiting Room because I thought it was interesting enough to warrant a dedicated discussion.

What are your thoughts?
Thank you for bringing it to discussion
Post automatically merged:

I actually think it's sad when you realize the whole reason he wants the raid to fail is that he thinks Wano is bad.
:josad:
He put too much trust in Oda and his fake hype. Greater than Marineford set the expectations.
It is not reader's fault, the author and editors should not toy with reader's expectations and feelings.

There's a huge disconnect in the community.
Some people think that the Straw Hats faced setbacks in Act 1 and 2.
So in their mind, this has been a super difficult road to getting to Onigashima.
And because the road has been so difficult, we need good pay off, which is way Onigashima has been so easy.

Let's look at the crazy setbacks and danger the Straw Hats faced:

How does all this compare to Usopp getting robbed then leaving the crew, Robin getting kidnapped, and Luffy/Zoro getting completely embarassed by CP9?

Yeah, the reason why he wants the raid to fail so badly is because of how disappointed he is with THE actual Wano battle and don't want to believe this Is it after all the hype lol
I might make a (much) longer thread about this but I think that a major criticism of One Piece that's started to manifest in the post-TS is that the payoff is not matching the setup/hype/expectations the story laid out.

Think like how Wano could have been writing.Pretty much all battles in LOTR the heroes get destroyed but somehow win.Wano war should have felt like a hard earned win with a lot of losses and grief.
Yeah i get you but thats nothing new to me, since luffy defeating Croc by BLOOD running in his hand! I know its shonen trope, but still www:suresure:Still love One piece tho:kata:

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
King vs. Zoro isn't that different from Mr.1 vs. Zoro. King's fight actually involved more storytelling than any other fight Zoro has ever had. The difference here is that we enjoyed Oda's writing back then but we're not enjoying it now as much because we're too used to it.

Sanji vs. Queen is more or less the same. The fight gave us a conclusion to the whole drama that happened during WCI. It proved Sanji's actually Judge's greatest creation while still being the son that Sora wished him to be. This arc showed us Sanji doesn't mind swallowing his pride for his people and his fight with Queen demonstrated that he'd just as willingly reject the said power if it goes against his values.

Jimbe vs. WsW happened randomly but even it involved some groundbreaking revelations like the Sun God, GGnM, and hinted at a potential plot point that connects Jinbe, or fishermen in general, to the Sun God's story. The fight itself wasn't a masterpiece or great but it wasn't bad although it's dumb if we pretend like it wasn't rushed.

Robin's and Franky's fights are a disappointment though.

I might make a (much) longer thread about this but I think that a major criticism of One Piece that's started to manifest in the post-TS is that the payoff is not matching the setup/hype/expectations the story laid out.
Yeah that's the problem. Imo tobi Roooo/calamities fights wouldn't have been underwhelming if Oda didn't spend so much time on the set-up. You don't have the same expectations for a 50-60 chapters arc than for 150 chapters long one