Character Discussion We really dont care if Sanji is weaker than Zoro.

This is exactly why there will never be separation between them, no matter how strong zoro gets, sanji will follow him, because of fans like you and the idiot up there who can't write a sentence without the term CoC ...
I don’t care much until I have debates with Sanji fans who don’t like to acknowledge the difference for agenda purposes.i don’t feel like your a true Sanji fan if you have to compare everything he does to Zoro.

For example I’m a Zoro fan even if you take away his strength. It’s moments like “nothing happened” and him being willing to bow in front of his sworn enemy gmfir the sake of his captain that makes me love Zoro. Zoro made it cool to be someone other than the captain or the strongest.

I love Luffy because of his personality. He recognizes his friends are there for the shit that he can’t do. No matter what he accomplished his goals. The strength is just a bonus.

Sanjis could solo Kaido and become the pirate king. I still wouldn’t like him even though that would make him stronger than my favorites. I also wouldn’t say then Luffy can do that to because Sanji did it.

A true fan likes a character for who they are.

Lol I’m turning into the Stain of Worstgen I only want to talk with true Sanji fans about Sanji.

Eu não me importo muito até ter debates com fãs de Sanji que não gostam de reconhecer a diferença para fins de agenda. Fã de Sanji se tiver que comparar tudo que ele faz com Zoro.

Por exemplo, eu sou um fã do Zoro, mesmo que você tire a força dele. São momentos como “nada aconteceu” e ele estar disposto a se curvar na frente de seu inimigo jurado gmfir pelo bem de seu capitão que me faz amar Zoro. Zoro tornou legal ser alguém que não fosse o capitão ou o mais forte.

Eu amo Luffy por causa de sua personalidade. Ele reconhece que seus amigos estão lá para a merda que ele não pode fazer. Não importa o que ele realizou seus objetivos. A força é apenas um bônus.

Sanjis poderia solo Kaido e se tornar o rei pirata. Eu ainda não gostaria dele mesmo que isso o tornasse mais forte do que meus favoritos. Eu também não diria que Luffy pode fazer isso porque Sanji fez isso.

Um verdadeiro fã gosta de um personagem por quem ele é.

Lol Estou me transformando no Stain of Worstgen Eu só quero falar com os verdadeiros fãs de Sanji sobre Sanji.
I understand your point, as I said, I don't think it's as strong as zoro and I don't want it either.

And I also agree that people should like the characters for what they are.

But I don't see why this attempt to want these two characters to stop being a "duo" because Oda created them completely different to create this contrast between one and the other.

Like it or not, sanji will continue to follow zoro, even getting ridiculous power ups (I didn't like germa's power up)
Post automatically merged:

Asking oda about the clear distinction is the worst thing to do honestly....he is known to be vague not tell precise answers when it comes to telling whether X is stronger than Y or not.
I agree, but I believe Oda enjoys working zoro and sanji in this way, unlike some people who think Oda was forced to turn sanji into a fighter.

Last edited:
I understand your point, as I said, I don't think it's as strong as zoro and I don't want it either.

But I don't see why this attempt to want these two characters to stop being a "duo" because Oda created them completely different to create this contrast between one and the other.

Like it or not, sanji will continue to follow zoro, even getting ridiculous power ups (I didn't like germa's power up)

I agree, but I believe Oda enjoys working zoro and sanji in this way.
The Sanji Zoro dynamic is fine to me. It’s the delusional people that get me. I agree Sanji and Zoro will remain a duo but that doesn’t mean they are equal in strength. It’ll always be Luffy>Zoro>Sanji however there is a gap and Zoro falls closer to Luffy.

I agree, but I believe Oda enjoys working zoro and sanji in this way.
Yes, Zoro and Sanji will always be a duo.

Oda made it clear that the monster trio is still intact through the "wings" comment and having Sanji fight Queen.

That doesn't mean they have to be equally strong, but rather that Sanji will be significantly closer in strength to Luffy and Zoro than he will be to the rest of the crew

Yes, Zoro and Sanji will always be a duo.

Oda made it clear that the monster trio is still intact through the "wings" comment and having Sanji fight Queen.

That doesn't mean they have to be equally strong, but rather that Sanji will be significantly closer in strength to Luffy and Zoro than he will be to the rest of the crew
I think that’s true outside of Jinbei. I think Sanji is close to Jinbei than anyone.

I think that’s true outside of Jinbei. I think Sanji is close to Jinbei than anyone.
It's already obvious that jinbe was left behind, as well as any other member who joined the crew and didn't show evolution like luffy, zoro and sanji, maybe he has some clash with CP0, but I don't think so.

It's sad the character level he used against jinbe, it could have been the jack that is a calamity.

Unfortunately Oda can't give great highlights in fights to other characters in the crew, and you can bet yamato will fall into the same limbo.

Last edited:
I'm speaking for all Sanji fans here. Whether or not Sanji can beat Zoro in a fight has nothing to do with Sanji and his character arc. Beating the shit out of Zoro won't make us happy or make Sanji a better character.

Sanji is the chef of the crew and Zoro is the Swordsman. The only reason the rivalry exist is because Sanji just happens to be every bit as strong as Zoro, they have conflicting personalities and weaknesses.their whole objective is to provide when Luffy needs it. Its not Sanjis fault that he's strong, his character arc is being true to himself and finding people who will accept him as he is.

The toxicity in the Fandom has nothing to do with Sanji its people trying to make Zoro into the captain. LUFFY IS THE CAPTAIN. Sanji and Zoro are crewmates and friends and have no choice other than to follow Luffys orders. Together they make the Monster trio meaning nomatter how ridiculous and godly the opponent is they are able to rise to the challenge but Luffy is by far the strongest and most capable. He can practically do every thing Sanji and Zoro do and has way more potential, thats why he's captain. Even personality wise he dominates the two and bended them to his will as a friend.

Let Zoro fight who he wants and aim for the title but be assured Sanji will be right there carving his legacy in a similar fashion. Luffy is the one who will surmount the hardest challenge in the world and become the king of pirates. Trying to downplay Sanjis ability won't maeastbound. Better character especially because in this whole world there's nobody more aware of Sanjis ability than Zoro, not even reiju, judge or Luffy himself. Zoro believes on Sanjis strength so much that he agreed to killing him if he wasn't himself without hesitation; thats respect.

Saying Sanji is weak is the biggest disrespect you can give to zoro because he's literally been his counterpart since eastblue.

Now I have think about it, why doesn't Zoro fans wank Sanji instead? Like if Zoro is indeed stronger than Sanji, they would have wank Sanji to make Zoro look better, not the other way around.

But anyway, people tend to downplay Sanji because he is a "cook" and shouldn't be allowed to be as strong as Zoro or Luffy because they dedicated to strength only. That's not true, Sanji also wants to get stronger for the sake of his crew and to protect his loved ones.
Why would anyone wank Sanji because Zoro is stronger than him?
Would make more sense not to mention Sanji's inferior feats

It's already obvious that jinbe was left behind, as well as any other member who joined the crew and didn't show evolution like luffy, zoro and sanji, maybe he has some clash with CP0, but I don't think so.

It's sad the character level he used against jinbe, it could have been the jack that is a calamity.

Unfortunately Oda can't give great highlights in fights to other characters in the crew, and you can bet yamato will fall into the same limbo.
Why is it that Jinbei beat the strongest F6 member easier that Sanji beat Queen yet Jinbei isn’t considered commander level and Sanji jumps all the way to YC1?

Jinbei is under rated.

Luffy > Zoro > Sanji

Kaido > King > Queen

:kayneshrug:
I don’t see why people can’t understand this.