Speculations What if Luffy recruited Killer instead of Zoro?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎

For whatever reason, Zoro stays home and Killer is lost in East Blue, leading to Luffy recruiting him.

How would the story change if Killer was Luffy's right hand man? Would replacing Zoro make Luffy's journey any easier and how would Killer fare in arcs where Zoro was heavily relied on, like in Alabasta, Ennis Lobby or Thriller Bark?

Killer is like a hybrid of Zoro, Nami and Sanji, not better than any of them in their best stats (swordsmanship, intelligence or speed) but very good at all three. I can honestly see Killer being a great boon to Luffy early on in the Straw Hats by being able to put pieces together each arc much better. The only real difference is that Killer is seemingly a lot more like Kidd, bloodthirsty or prone to violence/damage. I can't see Killer enduring the beat down Zoro and Luffy took in Jaya just to prove a point. He might be able to reign Luffy in a bit more though and he seems to be a more active right hand man, organizing alliances between Supernova and all.

Honestly, apart from Zoro being much stronger Post Time Skip, I think Killer would be a pretty great replacement in Paradise.

Killer is smarter than them
He knows more the world history and people's skills than them
He studies and observes people quickly.

Zoro is replaceable lol
Just look how be got Jinbei, he can get another top fighters whenever he wants.
Luffy doesn't need zoro to be PK honestly
He only needs cook + navigator + shipwright + someone who can read the stones with some good fighters.
In fact he can survive without top fighters by gaining allies along the way!

Zoro hasn't survived the journey without strawhats while Luffy has survived 3 arcs without them lol
Luffy can gain allies always

With Killer, Luffy won't be getting off-guard by fighters anymore cause Killer will be analysing them and telling him their weaknesses & strength
With Killer, Luffy will know some history
Adding Killer while having Robin & Jinbei is a huge boost in teems of worldwide knowledge

1. Only with Cook, Nav and Shipwr, +- 10 chapter end
2. Killer as SHP Fighter, only 1 chap as oneshot manga, lul
3. Zoro as RHM, >> 1000 chaps

For whatever reason, Zoro stays home and Killer is lost in East Blue, leading to Luffy recruiting him.

How would the story change if Killer was Luffy's right hand man? Would replacing Zoro make Luffy's journey any easier and how would Killer fare in arcs where Zoro was heavily relied on, like in Alabasta, Ennis Lobby or Thriller Bark?

Killer is like a hybrid of Zoro, Nami and Sanji, not better than any of them in their best stats (swordsmanship, intelligence or speed) but very good at all three. I can honestly see Killer being a great boon to Luffy early on in the Straw Hats by being able to put pieces together each arc much better. The only real difference is that Killer is seemingly a lot more like Kidd, bloodthirsty or prone to violence/damage. I can't see Killer enduring the beat down Zoro and Luffy took in Jaya just to prove a point. He might be able to reign Luffy in a bit more though and he seems to be a more active right hand man, organizing alliances between Supernova and all.

Honestly, apart from Zoro being much stronger Post Time Skip, I think Killer would be a pretty great replacement in Paradise.
He dies in Thriller Bark and Kuma takes Luffy to dragon

Killer is smarter than them
He knows more the world history and people's skills than them
He studies and observes people quickly.

Zoro is replaceable lol
Just look how be got Jinbei, he can get another top fighters whenever he wants.
Luffy doesn't need zoro to be PK honestly
He only needs cook + navigator + shipwright + someone who can read the stones with some good fighters.
In fact he can survive without top fighters by gaining allies along the way!

Zoro hasn't survived the journey without strawhats while Luffy has survived 3 arcs without them lol
Luffy can gain allies always

With Killer, Luffy won't be getting off-guard by fighters anymore cause Killer will be analysing them and telling him their weaknesses & strength
With Killer, Luffy will know some history
Adding Killer while having Robin & Jinbei is a huge boost in teems of worldwide knowledge

it doesnt matter who's stronger, but we dont even know Killer's background to even answer this question.

all we know Killer has an ugly laugh that makes him kill people who laugh at his laugh...

bro ask killer to defeat mr.1 1st
then we will go for EL and TB arc

:ihaha:

also on topic, outside of Luffy(duh) and Robin(or u can replace her if u happen to find any poneglyph reader).... everyone else is replaceable. tho it remains to be seen if these sub can even compete with the original
:risitavirus:
but Killer survived New World this far without begging Mihawk as an enemy for training him :noo:

Killer is a really good right hand to he honest. I think the most important thing for right hand is smarts and killer has lots of that plus strength. Dude had a higher bounty than Zoro, Bege and urouge back at Saboady too. Pretty impressive given how bright Kid shines and how he is bound to outshine/get credited for the crews exploits.

What about Killer instead of Sanji?

We'd have had a really badass Monster Trio

The image is shamelessly cropped from the Rooftop double spread :kuzanshut:

In fact Killer is a good replacements for Sanji as:
-he's blonde
-he can cook (cooking is one of Killer's hobbies so he's quite good at cooking)

Actually now that I think about it I'm a little bit pissed that we got Sanji as the third member of the M3 and not Killer

Luffy wants a crew that can surpass Shanks'. replacing any of the current member wont achieve this goal. anyone aside from the current crewmates will fall short of deeds the original crew accomplished or task they are gonna complete in the future

so killer cant really replace anyone in the crew much less zoro who makes up a good portion of the crew's fighting power. also killer is dying at Mr1 fight. and in NW, we would have- right hand of PK who gets 1shot even with help in a 2v1
thats embarrassing for PK's right hand :whitepress:

-Sanji would become the RHM instead

-They’d breeze through every East Blue arc because Killer wouldn’t attempt to fight Mihawk and become nerfed like Zoro did.

-The crew likely gets captured in Whiskey Peak because they don’t have Zoro to clutch a 1v100 against the Baroque Works members while everyone else was drugged.

The End. Zoro was extremely stupid in the early arcs so he was replaceable imo (Romance Dawn~Loguetown), but he got it together by the time they reached Paradise. Killer couldn’t dream of doing some of the things Zoro has done for the crew lmao

killer is dying at Mr1 fight
Let's start from the fact that Killer wouldn't get disarmed and mangled like Zoro.
Even if he doesn't awaken haki for that one blow, he has all the skills to keep a stall until Luffy defeats Crocodile.

-The crew likely gets captured in Whiskey Peak because they don’t have Zoro to clutch a 1v100 against the Baroque Works members while everyone else was drugged.
Killer would 1v100 the Bounty Hounters

Killer couldn’t dream of doing some of the things Zoro has done for the crew lma
Like what?