Who is the skeleton / Whats the purpose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
??? Law being a D has NOTHING to do with him surpassing a Yonko. It has to do with him being around for the endgame
It's both hence why corazon upon hearing his true name sheltered him from his brother etc. Its about the potential in general the D's have interms of a multitude of things. Kidd has none of that which explains why oda treats him so poorly and which is the reason why like the real captain kidd which kidd is based off of he will most likely die

Thank you Oda. Last time I checked they both re-iterated the same thing.

"I'll need to take down monsters like you". I don't think it gets clearer than that.
You are actually, quite literally, misunderstanding me. I never said Law IS losing. I'm talking about 1029 and it's relevance to Kid beating Big Mom, NOT Law. This has nothing to do with Law also being present and winning.
Post automatically merged:

It's both hence why corazon upon hearing his true name sheltered him from his brother etc.
Because they were Celestial dragons. Doflamingo isn't a Yonko, and he lost to Doflamingo lol

This has nothing to do with Law dying. This has to do with law actually winning against Big Mom. Nothing is actually requiring him to win.

Kid on the other hand HAS prior chapters already supporting that he in the least will defeat her. It will be Kid or Kid/Law. That's pretty much it.
Kid won’t take credit and win without Law. At most, Kid will be the one dealing the final blow but it’s pretty much Law/Kid beating BM as a team

there's no way Kid and Law are losing

In One piece, almost every time a fight is supposed to end in failure, its a stomp. Like look at Luffy vs Kaido(in act 1) or Kaido vs scabbards. Kid and Law vs Big Mom are nothing like those fights as even with her lifespan power up, she is still unable to beat Kid and Law. And it has been many chapters since they have been fighting.

If a fight is long and drawn out, and the villain needs to lose for Luffy to ultimately be successful(as in the case with big mom where Kid and Law's failure means the alliance's failure), the villain will lose.

It’s because we don’t need a filler arc like Luffy vs kid pirates.

We’re beyond that at this point and everyone knows it. Even if Kid can be portrayed as comparable to Luffy, his crew is trash. None of them except killer would be able to beat a Tobi Roppo and Killer probably can’t even beat a calamity. So what’s the point both crew just watching the captains fight?

Luffy only has one fellow pirate rival. That’s Blackbeard. He’s the only person in the worst generation that should be Luffys serious adversary.
Well my friend :cheers:

I don’t buy into that, it might be fun though
Anyways it’s more obvious that the alliance is winning, Luffy looks like he’s about to beat Kaido and having Big Mom interrupt at this point of the fight is highly unlikely. This is the arc the new gen surpassing the old, and having marines on their side would lessen their victory
There is absolute no clue of Luffy looking like beating Kaido. He is taking more hits and heavy ones now. He isn't even dodging or blocking those.

Dont particular get why people saying it's the grim reaper or its hawkins ability are even having an issue at all with what's actually happening. Since regardless of what it it's still going to be zoro getting up and having yet another moment in wano. Whether is a powerup via grim reaper soul whatever or someone healing him for him to have another moment to shine. It all boils down to him getting up lol

Like look at Luffy vs Kaido(in act 1) or Kaido vs scabbards. Kid and Law vs Big Mom are nothing like those fights
They look exactly similar.

BM had to use a power up. When is a villain using power up to lose? Don't mistake power up with technique. Awakenings are techniques. Power up is what BM did to be stronger, Magellan after "losing" to champion Luffy.

I only remember Hody Jones and Caesar using power ups to lose. But shit that makes it a stalemate.

the fact big mom has been unable to defeat Kid and Law after all this times proves that
  1. this is a high diff fight for big mom
  2. Kid and Law are strong enough to potentially walk off with a win
People think Linlin has been holding back much more than she really has. Everyone says she hasn't used ACoC yet, but that's just because 90% of the fight was off-screened. We were told way back that Linlin was using CoC, we just didn't see it. In all likelihood, it was ACoC coating.

Furthermore, the idea that Linlin has awakening up her sleeve is similarly headcanon. If she is willing to sacrifice 1 year of her lifespan, then it is safe to say that she has been fighting near all out for quite some time now.

Kid won’t take credit and win without Law. At most, Kid will be the one dealing the final blow but it’s pretty much Law/Kid beating BM as a team
I personally agree. I don't think Law is going down.

I tend to theorize alot about possibilities. I "can see" Law losing because of 1029 highlighting Kid. But on the flipside, there a scenes (and chapter titles) supporting that it's not the case.

"Could" the chapter title be the case because Law "might" lose and it shifts to a 1v1? I'd say "maybe" because we don't know. Do I truly believe it? No, I never fully believe anything.

Other than Kid and/or Law defeating Big Mom. That I'm 100% sure about because no matter what, she's been set up to lose on repeat the last 40 chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.