Who is the skeleton / Whats the purpose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing with yonko saga is a decision that was made by the author...that is to make this saga and to make it such that MC will fight to defeat the enemy and that's how the plot will progress(What I mean is even without getting stronger or focussing on MC fighting WCI could have been used as a way to get allied with BM who then would have helped defeat Kaido. Though it won't fit now). And I believe the same to happen in future arcs. We are shown through Roger that it's not necessary to fight or defeat anyone to achieve or at least reach the end game...but right now I feel writing that route will probably take more creativity for oda and he is taking easy route which in Luffy's words is kick everyone's ass.
The comparison which I wanted to make with other series is this...like take any character(or lets call them people)...in Naruto if that person is ninja he does ninjutsu and is involved in an organization, in FT if he is a magician he uses some kind of magic, in Bleach if he is a shinigami we associate Zanpakto and shinigami skills with him. There is a distinction made because of the way the show's base is structured. It's a simple formula and works to attract readers as anyone can think of certain stories with that particular character. With one-piece there is no such thing. Pirates don't feel anything special. Their main thing is going on adventures to find treasure, fight with navy etc. And we have pretty much no such stories to tell except skypeia for SHs. It's not just that, but at least one piece strong point is that they have pirates who have different human skills like SHs and solve problems and adversaries using those skills...I mean if it was actually written to make it so. I think there was a special called Heart of Gold or something which basically did this..it was written such that each character used their specialty to help rather than fight people. Though can't expect much now from all. I doubt we get anything other than fights to solve issues and whatever mysteries are we just get them thrown at face without much effort in actively finding/solving them.
I would say it's the opposite it would be much easier for Oda to finish OP with less battles.
But because he talk about and set up these characters for so long and it is also fighting manga people expect some fights vs these characters.
Oda wants to finish the manga it would have been much easier just have characters steal stuff or do other aspect than do fights .
Like this act has been nothing but fighting and Oda simple bad at timing him self lol.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
Now that i think about it when Zoro stopped hakai the other SNs mentioned it was too fast for them to dodge that means Zoro jumping in to stop it means he can move faster than Law can teleport.

Now that i think about it when Zoro stopped hakai the other SNs mentioned it was too fast for them to dodge that means Zoro jumping in to stop it means he can move faster than Law can teleport.
Law´s teleport itself is instant, but is limited by his reaction speed and his activation of his ability.
He was almost subdued by Smoker for a reason.

Oh I am not arguing that BM being less valuable than Kaido as a prize or anything of that line, to me Big Mom = Kaido too.

But the problem to me is that Kidd went back on his word. He declared that he will be the one who takes down Kaido, yet he ended up taking a different path instead of walking his talk, which I was quite disappointed. Its a principle thing.

That too and also yeah Kidd shouldn't cheerlead Luffy, if anything instead of "I won't let big Mom reach the rooftop where Luffy is!" he should have at least be like "Fuck this, I will take down Big Mom faster than you Luffy, and I am coming for Kaido next!" That's what a rival's spirit should be like.
I mean him going back on his word should not be a problem .
Things change and he decide another course of action .
It the same for luffy like he said he would kick BM ass even before whole Kaido team up with law .
When she came to wano luffy decide Kaido was the bigger target for him .
At this point i doubt Oda will have luffy fight BM one on one after this arc .
Also i get your last point but him saying stuff like he coming for Kaido next is bit to much talk , just have him say he taking out BM in more firm way .

Status
Not open for further replies.