Who did more damage to Linlin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Law and Kid have been groomed by Oda to defeat Big Mom but it does not feel remotely earned, believable or satisfying. Going into the fight both have defeated a grand total of zero commanders and have zero feats to suggest that they are remotely, justifiably able to take down a Yonkou. And what is Oda's solution? One of the most mysterious powers in the series: devil fruit awakening. Said to be the product of devil fruit mastery is just given to them both at the same time randomly, off screen. Introduced with a line of dialogue equivalent to "hey bro you awakened?" "Yeah I am bro".
Which commanders are they going to defeat? There aren't thousand of Commanders out there.

What's the point of the black blade when Zoro can already cut anything & one shot anyone in the verse? I wonder if it has more properties we don't know about, other than being even less likely to break (which again don't really seem necessary, unless it's needed for some reason against Mihawk).

Shusui was a black blade, but Zoro never acknowledged it the way he did with Enma, and of course he wasn't the one to actually forge it. This all makes the grim reaper stuff (seemingly connected to the swords like @yorosenpai pointed out) even more intriguing. Is Oda going the bankai route and we might get some weird (and pointless) abilities? What could Zoro possibly gain from all of this?

It could always simply represent the ultimate mastery of swordsmanship, especially if the will fulfilling theory ends up being right, because he'd already have to accomplish something exceptional in the first place to obtain it... but I don't think so.

Imagine if a swordsman who doesn't have a black blade needs one to stand a chance against one who does. I know it sounds a bit ridiculous, but at the same time we only know of two black blade users, one happens to be the current King of Swordsmen and the other one was known as the God of the Blade. Think of the shitstorm that would follow.:saden:

:quest:

Zoro is honestly way too strong right now. No one can compete except maybe Mihawk. He broke the story.
@nik87
:crazwhat:
Not that I disagree, but if there is something special about a black blade aside from their nigh-indestructibility and cutting prowess, then how come we saw nothing whatsoever about that with Shisui? :bamathink:

Unless the reason we saw nothing with it being a black blade is literally because Zoro was not the one who blackened it, that is. :jackaugh:

So let's get this straight.

Zoro blitzes kaido while using ashura and he cuts him.

Kaido tells him this scar will not heal. This was a zoro with broken bones. (So two yonko combining an attack to break zoros bones is less impressive than two supernovas combining attacks to damage 1 yonko)?

Zoro blocked haki for a few seconds. Kidd himself stated that that was an incredible feat.

Law shocked in awe at zoro cutting kaido in his condition..

The same zoro fights someone that even bigmom desperately wanted on her crew (king).

King states that his defenses are beyond that of a dragon or a dinosaur (hunting at his lunarian race). Take into consideration that his ancient zoan defenses actually stacks onto his lunarian defenses.

King makes an explosion as big as the skull on onigashima. Zoro tanks it. The same zoro when getting advanced coC defeated king in a few hits and after beating king propelled himself with clear lance before taking a break. Oda has now introduced another plot point with the same zoro getting power up

Yamato fight kaido 1v1 (she didn't damage him) but she held him while in hybrid form with zero assistance for 30 mins and clashed almost evenly with his advanced coc attacks.

Yet apparently based on this chapter law and kidd are above zoro and yamato???
Don't forget that King fed Big Meme, this is one of the most important plot points of 2 Piece! :myman:

BM restoring herself is very intriguing. Another neat ability Oda came up with during the defeat chapter. I dunno what people really see in this fight, it honestly still is mid.

Kid and Law felt no danger whatsoever, their main concern was who exactly takes BM down in a flashy way.

Please just compare this BM with Two holes + half face WB who went havoc on MF trying to take the Navy with him.

This ladies and gentlemen is the difference between a Gold and a silver medallist.
:cheers:

Law and Kid have been groomed by Oda to defeat Big Mom but it does not feel remotely earned, believable or satisfying. Going into the fight both have defeated a grand total of zero commanders and have zero feats to suggest that they are remotely, justifiably able to take down a Yonkou. And what is Oda's solution? One of the most mysterious powers in the series: devil fruit awakening. Said to be the product of devil fruit mastery is just given to them both at the same time randomly, off screen. Introduced with a line of dialogue equivalent to "hey bro you awakened?" "Yeah I am bro".
Oda doesn't care

One Piece is FT level since WCI
Villains can be so godly and loses

Luffy, Kidd and law got Plot endurance in Yonko SAGA, doesn't matter the beat down or temporarily KOs, they'll still get up
Accept it and move on

BM restoring herself is very intriguing. Another neat ability Oda came up with during the defeat chapter. I dunno what people really see in this fight, it honestly still is mid.

Kid and Law felt no danger whatsoever, their main concern was who exactly takes BM down in a flashy way.

Please just compare this BM with Two holes + half face WB who went havoc on MF trying to take the Navy with him.

This ladies and gentlemen is the difference between a Gold and a silver medallist.
:cheers:
B-but KoL told me Big Mom would have won in Marineford :josad:

Pick any commander you like and let them at least defeat them before defeating Big Mom.
Mate, King/Queen are meant for Zoro/Sanji. Jack was tied to Sulong Mink revenge plot. Katakuri/Cracker were for Luffy to showcase Tankman/Snakeman.

Who are they going to beat, Smoothie?

This is bullshit.
Ace vs Jinbe lasted for 5 days, Jack vs minks lasted for 5 days. Luffy vs Cracker lasted for 11 hours++. Aokiji vs Akainu lasted for 10 days.

Yet Big Mom vs 2 non top tiers only lasted for 20 minutes? King fell in like 15 minutes? Then Kaido will fall in ~ 1 hour?
The Onigashima time bomb scenario is really bad here.

Oda doesn't care

One Piece is FT level since WCI
Villains can be so godly and loses

Luffy, Kidd and law got Plot endurance in Yonko SAGA, doesn't matter the beat down or temporarily KOs, they'll still get up
Accept it and move on
I hope the Japanese stop buying One Piece mangas in order for the sells to drop so that we can end this arc already.

Status
Not open for further replies.