Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 972: I’m Oden and I was Born to Boil

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great chapter, nice to see Oden go out like that, despite his naivety I really enjoyed his character in this flashback. Looks like we're heading back to the present, was hoping we'd get some hint at who the traitor was, but it seems like we can at least eliminate all the Scabbards and Shinobu. Not sure who it could be, Carrot? Tama? Tenguyama? Law? My inkling was originally Kanjuro, but after this flashback I'm really not sure. I hope the present timeline gives some answers.
Expecting some great fight panels now.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
To me its quite disappointing to not get o toki fleshed out.

If oda missed out on her then it's nothing short than a disaster as many pointed out.

But, there is another way to see this.
Toki could be so important that oda chose not to reveal much about her until more appropriate time for two primary reasons

1) her story is related to void century

2) her story could eclipse even oden and this flashback was more about oden. So oda could have decided not to mix these two at the same time. Not Only it will make flashback more complicated to narrate but also difficult to tell about toki without revealing much about void century.

So, I am inclining towards the second possibility as from author point of view that makes more sense

Status
Not open for further replies.